I Wish To Know God

scottedward

I wish to know God, but in a way that I can believe in, and get behind with enthusiasm.
A God whose first name isn't Profit.
A God that wishes to be worshipped or loved outside, where He/She/It thinks we're going to be happiest and healthiest; surrounded by the sun, and His/Her/Its best works.
A God that wants us to both worship and respect the world that He/She/It created for us and the animals.
A God wishing that we would care more for His/Her/It's other creatures.
A God that can recognize a soul when he creates it for the animals, even if we can't sometimes.
A God that does not wish for us to focus all of our love and devotion on Him/Her/It, when so much of it can be offered to our brothers and sisters.
A God that wishes for us to adore and care for our bodies, because they were His/Her/Its greatest masterpiece.
A God that does not wish for us to continue purposely having babies, when we're unable or unwilling to properly feed, educate, or care for everybody that exists already.
A God that mourns every time one of us gets tortured, burned, beheaded, or otherwise harmed during conflicts over Him/Her/It.
A God that frowns whenever a child's mind is poisoned by hatred, prejudice, and bigotry.
A God that never speaks to us directly, and never performs any actual miracles, because He/She/It knows at least one or one thousand of us might take it the wrong way.
A God that has to watch--sadly--as ministers and churches use Him, Her/It to endorse and support their own agenda of hypocrisy.
A God that prefers silent worship under our sky, and doesn't have to be reminded of our love each and every Sunday.
A God that is pleased whenever two people find one another and fall in love, regardless of gender.
A God that touched our hearts and minds, and cared enough about us to give us our Hope.
A God that truly exists, because how can he not?

I am Scott, and I am One of The Hopeful.

• Amulet locked this topic