Rev V-

The links you posted would surely get someone on the road to the LDS Church, I have nothing for or against that at all, it is an individual choice after all. What I wanted to comment on was what the Syllabus stated in the online course link you posted:

An underlying assumption of this course is that the four Gospels are reasonably accurate accounts of the Lord's ministry among men in the flesh. ....

Why is it so important to study the Gospels? They are not biographies, since each covers relatively few days in the Savior's life. They are instead the testimonies of the authors. Each of the four Gospels testifies of the gospel; that is to say, each Gospel bears witness of the "good news" or the "glad tidings" of Jesus Christ, his life and teachings, his crucifixion and resurrection.

Joseph Smith stated, "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Company [1976], 121). Why, then, should we study the Gospels? So that we may learn about the Savior, grow to love him, and learn how to follow and obey him. In doing these things, we may ultimately come to know him, for, as he stated, "This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3).

While many folks have their own, personal opinion of the LDS Church, frankly I wish the "Prophet" Smith's words would be taken to heart by more of the mainstream sects of Christianity, especially about who and what the Apostle's were...authors of their personal testimony....not "eyewitnesses"....as many seem to regard them as.

Just an observation.

Thanks for providing the info to Lordie as per her request...we are a community here and that is indeed how help each other.

Blessings of Peace,

The problem with the general Christianity based people is that the Mormon religion was made up. Not one bit of it is truth.

The Book of Mormon was plagiarized from the book "View of the Hebrews" written seven years before.

Also the BOM parallels the Bible.

Add into the fact that the Book of Abraham is fake and was taken from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

The facsimile used is from the pypra of Anubis giving the funeral rights to Osiris.

Joe Smith had over 36 wives, seven were from 14 to 17.

Eleven were already married when JS married them promising them a place in heaven.

In summary, JS was nothing more than a narcissist that suffered from delusions of grandeur, he was a sexual predator and a pedifile, his translation attempts of the Golden Plates (which never existed) were so horrific that the printer refused to print it and begged JS to let him fix his mistakes. Is God illiterate? reconstruction.gif

In summary, JS was nothing more than a narcissist that suffered from delusions of grandeur, he was a sexual predator and a pedifile, his translation attempts of the Golden Plates (which never existed)

You must have forgotten, tradition puts Mary somewhere around 13 or 14 years of age when Joseph married her. I guess that means Joseph too was a sexual predator and a pedofile?

You must have forgotten, tradition puts Mary somewhere around 13 or 14 years of age when Joseph married her. I guess that means Joseph too was a sexual predator and a pedofile?

Not if she is still the Virgin that Catholics believe her to be :harhar:

Edited by Fawzo
  • Amulet locked this topic