For A Good Dog

october 18, 1995 I picked up a good dog for fostering and three days turned into fourteen years. she became my muse and a deareset friend. nori was the lovliest girl, an understatement.

for the dogs and cats, like her who wait, a happy home

your blessings, prayers and spells are welcome!

I sincerely hope Nori has not left us...I wasn't quite sure how to read above..."nori was..." and if the unthinkable has happened, oh my, that will take a bit of 'processing' in the ol' bean. Our sincerest wish is for all pets longevity, even though, like us, we never know the place or the hour.

Seems like just days ago you were so proudly reporting her travels across the states and how well she did with that.

Our prayers, energies and Blessings flow your direction.

Many Blessings of Peace,

oh sorry viking! wrong dog (that was the title of her memoir :))

nori died in july of 2007 :(. she was the three day foster who decided to stay for fouteen years. good dog. the current clown prince, who made the cross country trip, is almost nine. and hale and hearty, kina hera. I picked her up from rescue on that date in 1995..

in other rescue news, fin/bucky's real name is still bucky :). fin never stuck. the buck-meister continues meditation on art and art theory, and is thoroughly loving life in the city.

Grateful,

I should be the one for apologies....you've told me several times about Nori and I just can't seem to get that to stick in the mush bucket I call a brain! ;) One of these days I'll get your bowsers in a row!

All of us pet lovers have our favorites throughout our lives and often I too speak of "Speedbump", "Spike" or "Skuffa" as if they are still here by my side. It seems the exceptional ones always are, right here at our feet.

Speaking of which, our "ghost kitty" has been hyperactive again...not long ago Kay and I were cooking dinner at the stove and we both saw TWO streaks of fur race past us and down the hall. One even slapped the back of our legs with a tail racing by. Our concern was one may have brought in a shrew, mouse or gopher and we'd prefer not to have to pick up a bloody carcass off the carpet. We both went down the hall to find no one, no cat, no critter, nada, nothing. Perplexed we talked a bit in the back room and as we walked out, Lil'Bit and MeShell come walking in the back door through the kitchen. What was odd, Meesh goes straight back to the back room, sniffing the whole way and then does the open mouth "scent identification" thing as if there was a real kitty there...then just flicks her tail and runs back to us. In Kay's arms she stared for the longest time down the hallway.

It was quiet for about a month after above incident but now, last week or so, "GK" has been all over the house. All five of our furries often seem to "follow" something with their eyes going down the hall. Lil'Bit especially (little Miss Investigator!) will trot after whatever it is. Several time she has scrambled back up into one of our laps and has that hyper-vigilant stare going. Several times we've heard Meesh hiss at one of the cats, only to take headcount and see everyone in front room...so none of ours.

Bucky was the only "not ours" to come in through the cat door and since he's been gone there is no explanation for the reactions other than a phantom kitty. Kay has gotten our K2 meter out many times only to find a dissipating reading going on... 1.0, 0 .7, 0.5, 0.3... 0.1 etc. Interesting if nothing else!

Well enough yakking and again my apologies for the bad memory. :dntknw::whist:

Blessings of Peace,

• Amulet locked this topic