Do You Believe In Reincarnation?

Thank you Peter. Although what would the English translation be for that word. I am aware of quite a few religions that have concepts analogous to Karma but I would find it more appropriate to use the proper expression in its cultural context instead of taking a loan word which may have a similar meaning but altogether represents a foreign ideology I am also glad you responded because I wanted to ask you a question about Judaism and reincarnation. I once heard in an interview with a Rabbi on the subject that jews had a similar concept but it was believed that only people who had died tragically were believed to reincarnate. I was wondering what validity this had. Thank you for your time I am always pleased with your answers as they are well thought out and knowledgeable.

Edited by Stormbringer

From Luke, a Celestial Spirit through the mediumship of James Padgett...

"There is no such thing as reincarnation, and all the theories and speculations of men upon that question, which conclude that a soul once incarnated can again become incarnated, are wrong, for the incarnation of a soul is only one step in its destined progress, from an invisible formless existence to a glorious angel or to a perfected spirit.

A soul in this progress never retraces its steps - it is always progress, though sometimes stagnation takes place - but continues as an individualized spirit until it reaches its goal in fulfillment of the Father's plan for the perfecting of His universe.

This is a subject that is difficult of treatment for several reasons, among which is the fact that we spirits, no matter how high our attainments, do not have the information in order to give a full and complete description of the soul and its qualities prior to its incarnation, and you mortals are not capable of comprehending the full truth as we may try to convey it to you."

Many other mediums have connected with the Celestial Spirits and stated the same fact, no reincarnation and in the spirit world no one knows anyone that has ever been reincarnated.

And many other mediums have done the same, but said different.

Lack of reincarnation doesn't hold up to common sense. If Heaven is filled with souls as they die and we are constantly getting new souls with every birth, then it stands to reason that Heaven is unfathomably huge. However, what of the "Old Souls?" Those individuals that just seem older than they really are and seem to have an uncanny wisdom? They're not new. They've been around the block a few times, metaphysically speaking. It makes no sense, therefore, that reincarnation doesn't exist. And in my own dealings with the Celestial Spirits, I've never been told this is the wrong way for me to think.

Doesn't the testimony of thousands of individuals count as evidence. It does in a court of law :)

1. Cite those "thousands of individuals."

2. Since when is "mob rules" used as science?

3. Courts of law should refelct law, not mass hysteria.

Fuzzy, I was asking the question of another poster, who posed the queastion. But I am glad to engage with you, an OLD partner. Allow me to re-phrase the question: What evidence do you have of reincarnation? While I, like millions of others, want it to be true, on what should we base this fantasy?

1. Cite those "thousands of individuals."

2. Since when is "mob rules" used as science?

3. Courts of law should refelct law, not mass hysteria.

Fuzzy, I was asking the question of another poster, who posed the queastion. But I am glad to engage with you, an OLD partner. Allow me to re-phrase the question: What evidence do you have of reincarnation? While I, like millions of others, want it to be true, on what should we base this fantasy?

Have you read any books on the subject such as "many lives, many masters" or "many lives, many loves" and some of the amazing stories.

This story is one of my favorite reincarnation stories besides that of an 11 year old who visited her husband from a previous life.

http://nell-rose.hubpages.com/hub/Jenny-CockellThe-True-story-of-a-Woman-Who-has-Lived-Before-Mother-of-yesterdays-Children

Have you read any books on the subject such as "many lives, many masters" or "many lives, many loves" and some of the amazing stories.

This story is one of my favorite reincarnation stories besides that of an 11 year old who visited her husband from a previous life.

http://nell-rose.hubpages.com/hub/Jenny-CockellThe-True-story-of-a-Woman-Who-has-Lived-Before-Mother-of-yesterdays-Children

Fawzo,

While I admire your thought on the subject I would like to clarify reincarnation to you. That which you have been reading is not a true explanation. The story you are referring to may very well be explaining some past lives, however they are not those of the subject you are reading about. Those past lives are in fact spirit obsessions of that little girl, a much too common occurrence. Multiple personality disorders and past life regressions are just that, spirit obsessions where multiple spirits attach themselves to a mortal and in many cases cannot break free.

I suggest that you read "30 years among the dead" by Dr. Carl Wickland. I think you will be very interested in his findings on the subject. If you need a copy PM me and I will forward you the pdf.

• Amulet locked this topic