I Lost My Faith

lordie

I was being teased about being a women preachers and a woman .i lost my ambition to keep studing all religions . I lost the drive and my faith . I just recently got it back . And still keep working on my study not only do i make my mom proud i am making me proud as well

Because i decided i was too good to give up on some thing i love to do .and even tho i get teased i think to my self these people who tease me is not and will not be able to know the hell i went thru in my life walk a mile in my shoes

Don't loose faith. Some people are just ignorant. In many religious traditions women have held prominant roles. Often they have been elevated to great heights. I believe Mary Magdeline was one such example. Some early Christian traditions teach she was one of the leaders of the church after Jesus died. I suggest you read the Gospel of Mary. The Gospel of Mary is a Gnostic Christian text that was popular amoung certain early Christians. In this text Jesus elevates Mary Magdeline higher than all his other diciples. Some early Christian traditions believed Mary Magdeline represented something called the Sacred Feminine. The Sacred Feminine is an ancient concept representing the divine principle of the female. You can use this concept to empower yourself. Do not let others deter you. Tap into your sacred feminine and God will shine through you. †?†

Edited by ReverendV

Hello Lordie, I just thought of another Christian text that might interest you. It is the Gospel of Thomas. Like the Gospel of Mary this text too is Gnostic in origin. I wanted to mention this text because of a certain incident mentioned in the story that reminded me of you. There is a part in the text where Jesus, Mary, and the other disciples are all sitting together and talking. The disciple Simon Peter then decides to say, "Make Mary leave us, for females don’t deserve life." Jesus replies by saying, "Look, I will then make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven." Scholars have long debated over the meaning of this passage. For me though the meaning is very simple. In the ancient world women were not granted as much authority as men. Sad thing is, for some people today, this has not changed. I believe the passage is telling us that Jesus gave authority to Mary. I believe it is also telling us that Jesus has granted all women the right to give themselves authority. †?†

Edited by ReverendV

Whether one chooses to accept it or not, women have always had a vital role in Christianity. Let us not forget for a moment that it was not one of the twelve apostles who discovered the tomb was empty at the Ascension, it was a woman. Jesus did not get "zapped" onto the earth, but arrived in human form, borne, obviously, of a woman.

Throughout history, women have been tormented for being Christian. It is not something I agree with; it is history. Joan of Arc burnt for her belief. I can not imagine being tormented that way. This, however, I do believe - Jesus knows your suffering, and will strengthen you to be a warrior for Him, if you give yourself fully to Him and refuse to be concerned about the ways others value your belief.

In the end, only you can decide the power of your faith, and the path to which you are called. I will pray that you receive peace and are led to what is truly meant for you.

I was being teased about being a women preachers and a woman .i lost my ambition to keep studing all religions . I lost the drive and my faith . I just recently got it back . And still keep working on my study not only do i make my mom proud i am making me proud as well

Because i decided i was too good to give up on some thing i love to do .and even tho i get teased i think to my self these people who tease me is not and will not be able to know the hell i went thru in my life walk a mile in my shoes

Do not give up Lordie. The fact that women ministers get so much difficulties means we need more women ministers, not less. Society needs to change its attitude to women. I work as a nurse. I remember the teasing I got when I first started 40 years ago. People said I must be gay; I should not enter a women's profession; and even some employers would not offer me work, but it is what I believe I was called to do. Yet, its not unusual to find a nurse who is male today. Things change when there is a will to change them. Stay strong my friend. You will overcome them or win them over. I do not know if you like Mr Obama or not but 50 years ago the idea of a black president was seen as unthinkable in the USA. I think there is real inspiration there. If you think this is what your called to do then stay with your goals. Do not give in and the next women minister that comes along will get it easier thanks to you. I believe you can and will be successful. Be proud of every step you make no matter how little it seems at the time. It is one more step to your achievement and a changing of society for the better. Bless you.

Hello Lordie! I think the Mary Magdalene references Rev V made in his post could be very inspirational for you. Your profile states you are a Catholic right? Well, isn't Mary Magdalene a Catholic saint. Doesn't she receive great honor in your faith? Stay strong! God does not discriminate due to gender.

Yes lordie, hold fast to your dream. Don't let others discourage you. Women have held very important roles in the Judeo-Christian tradition, for example Deborah was a judge and Miriam (sister of Moses) was a prophetess :). BTW, although I am not a Christian, my family are Pentecostals and Baptists. My grandma was a Pentecostal minister and was the founder of two churches in south Georgia and one here in Florida. My aunt is the current pastor of the Florida church.

Edited by Belenos

• 1 month later...

Lordie, most religions in the world have been male dominated. Nevertheless women have always taken a strong position in their religion. It is men who have made the male image of God. God is a Supreme Being neither male nor female. Look aroound and you will find in almost all the religions of the world -- Christian and none Christian religions -- the distinguished participation of our sisters. You have as much a right to preach as any man. I have known some fine women preachers. Many blessings to you.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

Lordie, As you have read a lot of us sympathize with you. I have been in a spot in my life were (literally) everybody was against me. Even my own parents. I had a very serious and tearful conversation with God. And only God knew of my plans, when, where and how I was going to kill myself. It was a very bad time for me. I never even hinted to anyone my intentions, only God and I knew. With in a month everything changed around for me. This was God's work and only God could have done this. When things are bad and going against you trust in the Lord. Keep your faith and you will be rewarded. One last thing, the best boss I ever had was a women. She empowered me to be the best I could be and was responsible for my success in my job. God bless you and you are in my prayers. You are a strong person and this is a good place to come to. You will get support here. People only make fun and tease you because they feel you are a threat of some sort and fear you. These people are only showing how small they are. We need to pray for their salvation. These are the people who need someone like you. With out you they are damned. Think of this as a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that true faith transcends such obstacles. Be who you are.

Hang in there lordie! Never give up something you love doing if it doesn't harm anyone.

+1 :thumbu:

Yes lordie, hold fast to your dream. Don't let others discourage you. Women have held very important roles in the Judeo-Christian tradition, for example Deborah was a judge and Miriam (sister of Moses) was a prophetess :). BTW, although I am not a Christian, my family are Pentecostals and Baptists. My grandma was a Pentecostal minister and was the founder of two churches in south Georgia and one here in Florida. My aunt is the current pastor of the Florida church.

Lordie, most religions in the world have been male dominated. Nevertheless women have always taken a strong position in their religion. It is men who have made the male image of God. God is a Supreme Being neither male nor female. Look aroound and you will find in almost all the religions of the world -- Christian and none Christian religions -- the distinguished participation of our sisters. You have as much a right to preach as any man. I have known some fine women preachers. Many blessings to you.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

I would suggest that true faith transcends such obstacles. Be who you are.

What they all said! As well, I certainly hope that our little family of friends here can keep giving you the inspiration and support everyone needs from time to time. We are all seeking our personal Truths and struggle each day to remain who and what we are due to family and societal influences. Like the cartoon character Garfield once said: "It's not easy being me!"

Blessings of Peace,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a nest for this post without bumping a recent post, here is the tread to try.

Lost Faith, come on you can believe things will always bite you into becomming the bitingist thing in nature, believe.

I'm on "suicide watch", Faith issues, see theses folks and their Faith issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtxDWg1FeIw

:shift:

Actually suicide is never the answer

I lost my faith because my bro picks on me and my sis does as well after years of physicall abuse they put me thru

I never commited suicide

I find it disturbing

I do believe in my god but when i lost my faith it came upon the bully abusive letters and talk plus shear ignorance .

Having already posted on the subject, here is another perspective: Why, or how, would something as artifice and "teasing" making you lose your ambition about anything regarding religious motivations?

Something, perhaps, many of us can ponder......

• Amulet locked this topic