Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

ManangCam

I once heard this in Catholic School, after a student asked one of the Nuns. She said "Dogs go to heaven"... Now before all of you decided to burn me in oil, because there isn't anything that officially says this in the Bible, especially the Protestants, and probably Baptists, I would say yes.

Now we all know that all dogs and cats, to include plants?, all have some type of soul; but Its not the same type we're used to having such as a sould that can be cleanse of sin by prayer, and the power of the Confessional. Their souls can't appreciate the body and the blood of jesus, and the salvation that was promised to us.

However, God in his infinite wisdom created creatures that bring us pleasure, such as dogs, cats, and other creatures. Since God wants us to be happy in heaven, then yes that favorite dog or cat that brought us happiness in the mortal world will be raised again to accompany us in our long unending journey. Like one of my old Nuns said, GOD can do anything he wants, and so why not resurrect a favorite dog or dogs that once brought us happiness on this world

So YES, all dogs go to heaven as do cats, mice, rats, birds, and even your favorite snake.

Most definitely they do--now I don`t know if it is called heaven, but wherever we go--back into that space,dimension,place whatever whom/what is God. We are all part of the grand scheme of things, all have a place in creation for a reason. I am definitely sure that animals have a soul--and a reason for being, which is part of the "divine purpose". Though I am a Catholic, I would consider myself to be pantheistic.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

We know that there will be animals in heaven, but no longer carnivores (Isaiah 65:25 & Isaiah 11:6-9). The bible doesn't give a definitive answer on whether the souls of pets are resurrected because scripture is geared towards human salvation. Unlike humans, animals can't choose between good and evil, and since they aren't inherently evil, no redemption is necessary. My dog is nonjudgmental, patient, understanding, and loves unconditionally, so I personally think she's more worthy of heaven than I am :)... Its possible that God created a space in heaven for animals long before he decided to let us humans in?

Sigh...I really don't want to have look out for dog poop in heaven...guess I'll have to hang out elsewhere...I'm more of a cat person anyway.

I don't think you'll have to worry about dog/cat poop, since the body would not be of flesh, but of a memory that brings back happy times in your life. The shape may be of your favorite dog/cat that brought you happyness, and since we too would be the embodyment of a spiritual being, we also don't have to worry about us pooping and peeing in heaven also..... Besides, I don't think God has enough rolls of "Charmin Bathroom Toilet Paper" to clean the trillions more souls coming in. - LOL

I think that maybe they are angels sent to teach us things-love, forgiveness, compassion, non-judgement and so much more that we need to know and to understand.Yes-Dan--I agree with you 100%! Absolutely there was a space in heaven for them before us :-)blessings and love,Suzanne

I couldn't agree more!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

So YES, all dogs go to heaven as do cats, mice, rats, birds, and even your favorite snake

So, you've answered your own question. That is always convenient.

But, what, according to your definitions, is heaven? In Judeo Christian philosophy, to go to Heaven one must acknowledge that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, the Son of God, and that He died for your sins. So how then, can dogs and mice and birds and the Chinese ever get to Heaven??? Do you assert that only pets of Christians go to Heaven, or also those herded by the Chinese? And if the latter, how so?

I agree with ManangCam, God created all things, so all living things have their place. In Heaven or on Earth. This is God's will and man cannot alter that. Man was given the CHOICE but animals do not. God does not ignore any of his creatures.God looks after us all.

Thank you. :chococat_h4h: and I am a big cat person!

• Amulet locked this topic