Roman Catholics & The Ulc

Hi being a Roman Catholic, I had wondered whether I was gong to be excommunicated for being a minister in the ULC. After hearing both sides of the coin, one from a very conservative Catholic Magazine with all of their exports who told me that I was in grave mortal sin for becoming a ULC Minister. I even talked to Amy at ULC.NET, and she told me she didn't have too much information, so today I asked a good Priest friend of the family at a parade.

What he told me is that "SO Long as I'm not representing the Catholic Church I should do fine. He didn't think me wearing a bright blue Clergy shirt to Sunday Mass would be appreciated by our Pastor Fr. Paul, but he said go ahead and do it.... So today I found a message from the Conservative Catholic Magazine who told me in so many words, that I was going to burn in Hell, and I had committed a grave sin against the Roman Catholic Church....

So my answer, I really don't care what they think. I have a calling in God's own mysterious ways, and I don't fear about being excommunicated from the church. Since I'm a Baptized Catholic and went through Confirmation, its hard to throw me out of the church since I have been blessed with the "Holy Spirit" (Third person of the Trinity).... But I won't be able to receive the body and blood of Christ... to which I"m not afraid of not getting....

Hi being a Roman Catholic, I had wondered whether I was gong to be excommunicated for being a minister in the ULC. After hearing both sides of the coin, one from a very conservative Catholic Magazine with all of their exports who told me that I was in grave mortal sin for becoming a ULC Minister. I even talked to Amy at ULC.NET, and she told me she didn't have too much information, so today I asked a good Priest friend of the family at a parade.

What he told me is that "SO Long as I'm not representing the Catholic Church I should do fine. He didn't think me wearing a bright blue Clergy shirt to Sunday Mass would be appreciated by our Pastor Fr. Paul, but he said go ahead and do it.... So today I found a message from the Conservative Catholic Magazine who told me in so many words, that I was going to burn in Hell, and I had committed a grave sin against the Roman Catholic Church....

So my answer, I really don't care what they think. I have a calling in God's own mysterious ways, and I don't fear about being excommunicated from the church. Since I'm a Baptized Catholic and went through Confirmation, its hard to throw me out of the church since I have been blessed with the "Holy Spirit" (Third person of the Trinity).... But I won't be able to receive the body and blood of Christ... to which I"m not afraid of not getting....

Well, the roman church is not all seeing and knowing too.

they have had maybe dozens of catholic groups split off over the decades.

Do you know there all other catholic popes? 9 I think. ranging from russion to greek and back. you could stay a roman if you like, just dont do anything minister like in front of them or wear any clergy items or clothes. the romans are old stick in the mud hell fire and brimstone people. Jesus will NOT throw you into hell or purgatory for wanting to work for him and not following a certain format or system.

People always look at me strange when I am in my habit or cassock when I joke or laugh. the roman church is just one system people have made.

and Jesus didnt even start the catholic churchs, he was jewish.

The apostles started the "formal" church belief systems.

I happened to be trained thru the roman VII rites thou myself.

but am just another independent catholic bishop. people callme when then need help and the romans wont help them or come to thier aid because they are from out of town. or they dont want to marry in a "approved" church.

I have seen the romans not come to someones help because they wanted something the romans didnt allow. hate to tell you, but jesus would have never acted like the roman church does. he would have never said, well you are not in my congregation so I cant marry you. or visit you at the hospital. or refuse to marry you because you fell in love with someone "out" of the roman church.

I don't think I'm that worried about Excommunication, since this is a man-made law instituted by the Pope's to keep the faithful in line. Now I don't doubt that a Roman Catholic would face sacntions by their own Bishop, but if you can still go to mass, and don't take the Sacraments; which is even interesting because in our Church, when its time to take Communion, you can get a blesing from the priest, and still not take Communion.

So the threat of Excommunication is really a ploy to get weaker willed Catholics to toe the line, which may work in a heavily attended Catholic Country...

Rev. Cam

Well its because the RCC doesn't like their members being ordained in a church, since the RCC doesn't recognize the ULC. But, according to some other folks like Dr. Amy, she told me that several Catholics have asked to be removed from the official rolls, because of the issue with the Church. Now, I take a different approach, To me its not important whether the RCC gets rid of me, but they can't take my faith away. Besides I"m not supposed to Cookie Cut the theology of the Church because I don't like certain parts, or say that I'm as faithful, but don't like the Pope's policy, because to the very conservative (you know the ones who were in the "Da Vinci Code"), I'd be labeled as a Heretic.....

Rev. Cam

Being a Catholic--I actually call myself a renegade Catholic, and I shall die a Catholic,in fact my dedication is to our Blessed Mother entirely!--however I have no problems with being here. Even if I were excommunicated by the church,to me it would make no difference--I would still attend church and do what ever what my heart says. No man can tell me what to believe, the relation between God and my self is personal. To me religion is a way--but faith, my belief- is to me God.

In fact --I have many religions within my heart,and I practice a few within my life- Hinduism, Budhism and a few others--they all lead to God--Our Lady was asked in Medjugorje what is the true religion--She replied , I am paraphrasing: All religions are the same in the eyes of God as long as it is followed properly- for it all leads to God.

One can be a Catholic, and have other apects that ring true within one`s soul--and as to what the parish priest would say I wouldn`t at all care. They are human, they may have more theology behind them--but they know no more that the peasant woman in Peru as to demonstarting God, the after life, or knowing God`s heart. --to tell you the truth--the truth lies in our hearts--only God counts and what He tells me or you-and how we conduct our lives. I am sure there are more Hindus,Buddhist and other faiths than Catholics in heaven ;-)

blessingsa and love-welcome!

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

Being a Catholic--I actually call myself a renegade Catholic, and I shall die a Catholic,in fact my dedication is to our Blessed Mother entirely!--however I have no problems with being here. Even if I were excommunicated by the church,to me it would make no difference--I would still attend church and do what ever what my heart says. No man can tell me what to believe, the relation between God and my self is personal. To me religion is a way--but faith, my belief- is to me God.

In fact --I have many religions within my heart,and I practice a few within my life- Hinduism, Budhism and a few others--they all lead to God--Our Lady was asked in Medjugorje what is the true religion--She replied , I am paraphrasing: All religions are the same in the eyes of God as long as it is followed properly- for it all leads to God.

One can be a Catholic, and have other apects that ring true within one`s soul--and as to what the parish priest would say I wouldn`t at all care. They are human, they may have more theology behind them--but they know no more that the peasant woman in Peru as to demonstarting God, the after life, or knowing God`s heart. --to tell you the truth--the truth lies in our hearts--only God counts and what He tells me or you-and how we conduct our lives. I am sure there are more Hindus,Buddhist and other faiths than Catholics in heaven ;-)

Suzanne

Do you believe that Mary remained a virgin even after the birth of Yeshua?

Suzanne

Hey Suzanne; its nice to hear I'm not the only RC in the group. I too am a renegade Catholic being born in the church to Filipino Parents. Anyway, I've felt that there are other voices calling me spiritually.

Do you believe that Mary remained a virgin even after the birth of Yeshua?

Hi Fawzo-

To tell you the truth I don`t know at all--but to me it matters not because my ideas of Mary are rather unorthodox. If she was human and we accept the story in the Bible, then yes She was.-However if the Bible is simple a parable, a metaphor or a simple story to understand, then it is a different story.

For me She is actually fully part of God--"God" infact, part of the complete manifestation, totality of God. If we presume She was the mother of God, then is not the mother equal to the son?

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

Well, I asked her and she said she was

Hi RevRattler-

Well--in the conversations that I have had with Her, She told me that She is all that "IS". I asked Her name--Her response was" I am all names, call me what you will,I am all that exists--for none can imagine all that which and who I AM". One can interpret that as many things--but the fact remains for me that She exists.

blessing and peace,

Suzanne

Interesting topic. The RC Church is against anything that they think goes against their Supreme Laws, that is why they use the words excommunicate. Who is going to do this?, certainly sure the Pope won't and the lower priest crowd cannot, no authority, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it, do what you believe in.

That is the problems with any religion, if one moves out from the clan to do something else in a religion they are against it, one should not open their minds to another groups belief. Religions cause grief, wars, and pressures into any family.

You did what YOU wanted to do, and that is what it is about....FREEDOM of choice.

REVPO

Interesting topic. The RC Church is against anything that they think goes against their Supreme Laws, that is why they use the words excommunicate. Who is going to do this?, certainly sure the Pope won't and the lower priest crowd cannot, no authority, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it, do what you believe in.

That is the problems with any religion, if one moves out from the clan to do something else in a religion they are against it, one should not open their minds to another groups belief. Religions cause grief, wars, and pressures into any family.

You did what YOU wanted to do, and that is what it is about....FREEDOM of choice.

REVPO

Well--a very dear friend of mine was in St Michael`s seminary here in Toronto, about 14 years ago--Very few people get taken as it is almost an elite club-a fast track to the Vatican. He studied with some very prominent theologians in Europe, and came from a Jesuit school. His ideas about Mary were not tolerated--he got a letter from Ratzinger himself, to cease and desist. He didn`t -and got thrown out and got excommunicated after being there for two years.

So it happens if you are in the light, but for little people like myself--they don`t care at all. Even if they did--what then? As for my friend he still became an ordained minister from a non- Catholic Christian University. But the thing was--he never wanted to be a priest, just a theologian, that was the problem--they were afraid he may poison the minds of the young priests he was planning to teach--or rather open their eyes to some truths.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

We walk our path with freedom. Technically I am a Roman Catholic, my parents were Roman Catholics: my mother was very devout, my father was a freemason, and I decided to be free. I walk a Hindu-Buddhist-Christian spirituality, and I feel good as a minister of the ULC. Let us be who we are.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

hmm, so you hear voices in your head? o k

Not that kind of voice, just feelings that somethings are worth sacrificing for.... NOW if I got one of those booming voices, burning bushes, I'd say I was in trouble. No those voices are just gut feelings that tell me that maybe its time....

• Amulet locked this topic