Sri Krishna Janmashtami

One Wednesday, August 28,2013, the Hindu World will celebrate the birth of Sri Bhagavan Krishna. The Hindu World views Sri Bhagavan Krishna as an Avatar or Incarnation of the Supreme Being. Hinduism in general believes that God has incarnated many time to help mankind in its path to spiritual enlightenment or salvation.

In the Srimad Bhagavad Gita Sri Krishna says: "Whenever righteousnes decreases in the world, and there is an increase of unrighteousness, I am born on Earth again. For the protection of the good and the destruction of evil, and for establishing the path of righteousness I come into being from age to age" (Srimad Bhagavad Gita 4:7-8).

The Hindu World will celebrate with great pomp, pujas (ceremonies), and meditations. The Beloved One promised that He would come again and again. How many times has the Beloved One appeared on this our world? In reality, nobody really knows. The way that I see is that the Spirit of God appears in different ways to help us continue our spiritual evolution. This manifestation of the Supreme does not have to happen in India, nor does it have to happen in a male body. In other religions the Avatar is called by different names: Prophet, Saint, Messiah, Christ, Buddha, Seer, Spiritual Reformer, etc.

Everyone of us is to a certain point an Avatar. Lord Krishna says, "I am the Atman (Soul) in the heart of all beings" (Srimad Bhagavad Gita 10:20). Everyone of us can awaken the Lord that abides scretely in our hearts and become the physical instrument or Avatar of the Supreme.

May everyone, no matter what your spiritual path might be, awaken the Inner Light in your heart and bring Understanding, Love, and Compassion to all.

OM Shantih, Shantih, Shantih, AUM!

Hermanno Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

Edited by emalpaiz

Thank you for you post Hermano-it is so very much appreciated!

"I am the Atman (Soul) in the heart of all beings" ,as Lord Krishna states. I truly believe this.

Each day I chant-

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare:

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

-after the rosary.

blessing and peace,

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

• Amulet locked this topic