Is Universal Life Church A Denomination?

20 hours ago, FredClaus said:

In my area we now have plenty of "Non-Denominational" churches. Would that be where the ULC falls?

20 hours ago, FredClaus said:

In my area we now have plenty of "Non-Denominational" churches. Would that be where the ULC falls?

Greetings to you my brother,

Typically in America at least, a church that says it is Non-Denominational means that it is not part of any established Christian denomination, but considers themselves to be a Christian church.  Sometimes a Christian church with a vengeance as some of the most rabidly fundamentalist church tend to refer to themselves as non-denominational.

The ULC, while it has many Christian members and allies (like your's truly), embraces all faith systems, and also validates those who have no belief in a God or God's at all.  IMHO, it would be fairer to call the ULC an interfaith church, where there is room for all people to practice their beliefs.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you my brother,

Typically in America at least, a church that says it is Non-Denominational means that it is not part of any established Christian denomination, but considers themselves to be a Christian church.  Sometimes a Christian church with a vengeance as some of the most rabidly fundamentalist church tend to refer to themselves as non-denominational.

The ULC, while it has many Christian members and allies (like your's truly), embraces all faith systems, and also validates those who have no belief in a God or God's at all.  IMHO, it would be fairer to call the ULC an interfaith church, where there is room for all people to practice their beliefs.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

answered much better than i can.thank you.i am glad you are back.

• Like 2