Miraculous Story?

Ex Nihilo

It is interesting that when something unusually good happens, without explanation, it becomes a miracle and when something unusually bad happens it becomes evil. Things happen. Somethings are unusually good and some are unusually bad. Some are without explanation mostly due to our limited understanding, so we must blame it on God or Satan or something in order for our minds to grasp it.

Now I really wish I had a better memory. Shortly after returning from Viet Nam I read a book, written by a self proclaimed Atheist, it recounted more than a dozen similar stories of "miracles" on the battlefield that caused the author to turn to religion. If I recall correctly he became a Methodist or Baptist minster after discharging out of the Marines.

I will continue to look for the title and post if I find it.

But "miracles" come in so many distinct and ordinary ways also. The religious among us may call it "miracle" while others call it "energy adjusting" or even "designed destiny"....all in all does it matter what the label is? ....does it matter if it comes from "God" or the Universe? ....even from the person afflicted themselves? I don't think label or circumstance matters...it is what it is....something we can't fully explain.........yet!

Blessings of Peace,

Absolution question.

I know there is a difference between Orders of priests within the Catholic Church. Those who claim a direct descendant blood line from the Apostles and those who are not of that blood line.

The Council of Trent declared the right to “forgive man's sins” by the act of the resurrected Christ breathing into the Apostles the 'Holy Ghost'.

Does this then mean that only those Priests of the Apostolic blood-line are able to perform absolution? Or can any priest do so?

I ask because of the recent “Angel Priest” seen at the scene of the auto accident in Jefferson City, Mo. It has been found out it was a local priest, not an “angel” so that part has been figured out.

Refs:

absolution: http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=78

All validly ordained priests are in the Apostolic "bloodline", meaning they were ordained by bishops in the Apostolic college, which is all bishops who have received their consecration from prior bishops who themselves received their orders in the long line of tactile Apostolic succession, dating back to the apostles, and originally Christ himself. There are several lines of succession but they must all reach back to the Apostles or they aren't valid. This is the thinking of Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglicans. More protestant denominations, even those that require an episcopal form of government, generally do not require tactile succession for valid orders.

I don`t know about angels and if they manifest in physicality. But--"faith" is a very positive energy and everything comes from within that "soul point or oversoul" from within us that knows all. For me, miracles do happen, but we create it ourselves as we are particles of the divine. It is those times that "we create". It is often hard to be in that "zone" for we are very pre-occupied with the material. Seeing or thinking we see angels strengthen our "faith" thus we believe deeper, and creation happens--be that good or bad as Br.Kamen says. They are all miracles of sorts or manifestations of our divine self, as we are within God.

belssings and peace,

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

Well the only point or object d'thinking on why I bring this up is: Why then do the Christian Churches insist that only Holy forgiveness of sin and salvation come THROUGH Jesus Christ? It just seems to me that if a priest can "absolve" you of your sins in an "emergency" they are stepping into the role of the Christ. Ergo.....well you know where I'm going. The mere fact this little "loophole" exists at all tells me something is amiss in the whole "One Way to Salvation" concept.

This is just one more reason, of the many, I am convinced that mainstream religion created "God", pinned our need to follow a "Messiah" (in a certain way) on authoritative control freaks and attempts to void the entire process of Self being the highest authority, here, in our physical life.

Even though I can only count on a couple of fingers the places where Odhinn, or any other of the Nordic Pantheon mentions a "Creator" (in all codex, saga and lore) it convinces me that Belief and Faith are separate issues. This validates for me the personal and individual manner of finding the "right" or "correct" path to the Omniscient.

"Love each other" and "Do that which is Right" keeps coming back to the core of the entire "correct religion" charade....regardless of which path people choose. Is "God" our conscience or is conscience our "God"?? Methinks it is a two way street.

Blessings of Peace,

I think the more catholic denominations would say the priest is absolutely stepping into the role of Christ, that' s the point of a priest: to represent Christ to his people in the performance of sacraments.

Now that to me is just a bit of a power trip and it's no wonder we have so many priests getting into trouble with physical deeds and actions. Being a "stand-in" for Christ, with the full authority of the Church behind them....has to be a bit of a mind-blower and ego boost. As we know from headlines over the past decade or so, a situation where a juvenile or troubled mind would certainly have difficulty reigning in their emotions and physical actions.

And btw, it's not just the church, it's also in the midst of my Belief as well, and, I'm sure others also. I know at least three Vitkis and Drightens who honestly believe they are Odhinn or Mimir rebirthed as well and at moots certainly act like it. They buffalo their way through life just like any other bully that has "authority" behind them....

and that is the spooky part regarding this whole issue to me....

Any time anyone has authority over others, in both the secular and religious world, and that authority is not tempered by honest and mature intentions and actions, others will suffer under the crush of a tyrant.

Blessings of Peace,

Since I am a direct descendant of the Point Of Singularity, I have the power of the whole Universe backing me. Who needs silly priests or dogmatic religious institutions to reinforce my authority.

BTW - Please don't mention that everyone descendant from the same source :)

Edited by Fawzo

• Amulet locked this topic