Dan, I dis-agree with your interpretation of the text...

Jesus instructed his disciples repeatedly to "turn the other cheek" and "walk the extra mile"...

Peter was a slow learner...

If Jesus disapproved of self-defense, why did he allow Peter to have a sword in the first place?

Turning the other cheek simply meant to walk away from trouble when possible, Jesus was not teaching masochism

or suggesting that we invite others to beat the heck out us. But I guess we all interpret things differently.

I spoke of sick in the sense of revulsion rather than declaring these persons as ill. They maybe but I just do not know that.

Understood. I know what you meant. Still, I get so tired of evil people getting put on trial for their crimes -- and their lawyers try to plead that they were "ill." That they didn't know the difference between right and wrong. It makes me sick.

Understood. I know what you meant. Still, I get so tired of evil people getting put on trial for their crimes -- and their lawyers try to plead that they were "ill." That they didn't know the difference between right and wrong. It makes me sick.

I agree. In my work I do see some people who do terrible things whilst having a psychotic episode but I also see others who just want to escape a jail sentence. I also note the courts are very good in telling the difference and psychiatric reports are usually very honest. However, in this case I do not believe they acted alone and there have been other attacks around the country and so I am with you in that I doubt this has anything to illness. I just hope they are caught because a person who could do this and live with it could do so many other things and therefore they need locking up fast.

I agree. In my work I do see some people who do terrible things whilst having a psychotic episode but I also see others who just want to escape a jail sentence. I also note the courts are very good in telling the difference and psychiatric reports are usually very honest. However, in this case I do not believe they acted alone and there have been other attacks around the country and so I am with you in that I doubt this has anything to illness. I just hope they are caught because a person who could do this and live with it could do so many other things and therefore they need locking up fast.

We are on the same page. People who abuse human victims often start with harming animals. Then "move up."

• Amulet locked this topic