How Are Vicissitudes And Inevitabilities Of Life Are Good?

I don't agree. The Holocaust was evil. The Inquisition was evil. Witch burning was evil. Just because evil is hard to define does not mean it does not exist.

So murder is murder but can become evil if enough are murdered? Or perhaps it becomes evil if the certain persons are murdered (children)? Or perhaps it is the motivation for the murder? It is bad behavior on a grand scale but not evil. Evil is a religious concept tied to "sin." Calling an act "evil" helps us to grasp the horror of an event.

Edited by Brother Kaman

Sin is.... perhaps.... a religiously "inspired" concept (within our culture...I cannot speak for other cultures).

EVIL is a MORAL concept which may, or may not, be "tied" to sin (in the minds of people who believe in sin).

One does not have to be religious, or even a God believer, in order to have a moral sensibility.

Atheists can, and often do, behave according to their own moral sensibilities.

Evil is, to my mind at least, a very real hypostasis, whether or not a quality of "persona" is attributed to it.

Edited by Bro. Hex

not being a believer in a God I am looking at this in a mental health kind of way, Do we need to experience hardships, hurts and pain to truly understand happiness,peace and joy? I think we are born understanding how to be happy and contented but we do wail with hunger and discomfort from the onset as well so we also already know from the start when we are unhappy or discontented.
So are we in need of discomfort, fear, or calamity to make our lives somehow better after they leave us? No I think not, these are things which do happen to most people as they live their lives because most often we are the ones who lable life events as such.

For example talking about death and how we perceive the "loss" of a loved one who dies. We all die, we all face the loss of those we love to death, so when we lose loved ones other than to extreme old age, we label these losses tragic and for some the recovery from such losses take a mental toll which takes many years to get over, before we can truly allow ourselves to experience joy but this doesn't mean we needed to feel death as tragic pain to enjoy the pleasure of living.
If we lived where dying was a more everyday event would it take us so long to get back to the joys of life? Our first world lives see very little death, we neither raise nor kill our own food, we do not plant crops or rely upon plants we nurture to survive in order to eat, ours is an easy life where we face little in the way of sustaining life, so death comes at us mysteriously so we tend to grieve our losses disproportionately than those who must struggle to keep plant and animal alive for their own survival. Not that those we see death as part of life do not feel sorrow for those lost to this world but they tend to mentally do better because they know it is not a mystery it is rather just an aspect of being alive.

What is simply is, we live so we die, we feel happy and we feel sad, we are excited and we are bored, we are thrilled and despondent, we do not have to have the opposite in order to appreciate the other but we will have them nonetheless in the act of living.

EVERYTHING that happens or exists in the world we've created is an expression and manifestation of God’s love. EVERYTHING is “GOOD”. "EVIL" is merely misperceived as a negative force because of our inability to "see" beyond our physical limitations.

Everything is good? Everything is a manifestation of God's "Love?" No. It isn't. IMO

nice!

Thank you.

• Amulet locked this topic