Pants Low

lordie

It really bothers me sometime that we judge people . I just read on a social website about a sign that shows a boy w his pants low ( under his butt cheeks) and it said pull your pants up on the sign . I almost threw a fit when i seen that . I wear my pants low (hip style) cause i have nerve damage and it hurts to wear my pant up . And yes i c alot of people wear their pants low . I dont make fun . We dont know why they wear them low . Instead of making fun or guessing why not ask them i think alot of people will probably be shocked the answer . Here is mine i have nerve damage in my groin and i was abused i was force down in school i was bullied and had stools and chairs pull out from under me . I suffer w the pain and numbness i dont need to be tease cause i wear my pants low so i dont think no one else should be either what ever the reason

Peace

Lordie

I do not support restrictions on clothing or appearance.

However, there can be liability for effects caused by clothing. Studded clothing can cause punctures and lacerations. Appearance will also limit or enhance the goodwill others will feel and express.

But, the physiognomy of people themselves is often more disturbing than anything they might wear. Maybe we should require ugly people to wear veils to protect those with a refined sense of aesthetics. :bag:

It really bothers me sometime that we judge people . I just read on a social website about a sign that shows a boy w his pants low ( under his butt cheeks) and it said pull your pants up on the sign . I almost threw a fit when i seen that .

When I was a boy, my mother would have slapped me upside the head if I walked around with my butt cheeks outside my pants. What bothers me is that we need signs to uphold a degree of public decency. It seems pretty presumptuous for a guy to think that everyone else enjoys looking at his butt hanging out of his pants. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with a foxy chick's butt hanging out of short shorts :)

Edited by Dan52

Thanks panpareil and dan52

I believe we should dress any way we want too

Like dan said about. Chick butt well if they can do it only fair guys can to

And there shouldnt be restriction on clothes my personal opinion if u are looking at a teen or a man w his butt hanging out ask them why some will probably ignore the question other will tell u

Peace

Lordie

Most young guys who "sag their pants" do so because "they think it is cool".

It appears to be a "gangsta fad". And in a sense, it really IS "gangsta",

because this "practice" originated in prison yards around this country.

What (I am relatively sure) most of the young dudes who do this don't realize

is that this practice originated in the prison yard as a way of advertising:

"Yo, I am available for anal sex"

Edited by Bro. Hex

Lordie -

There is without a doubt a few people such as yourself that have a medical condition that may require a certain manner of wearing clothing. But, I would be willing to wager a guess that the majority of the teen and 20 somethings that are wearing their pants like that have not experienced the medical issue that you have. I have heard the same as Hex has as well. I have also heard that it originated from the fact that many jails don't keep a variety of sizes available for prisoners, and so they have to wear the next available size. This meant that their pants would sag, because they were also not allowed a belt. When released, they continued to wear their clothing in this manner. It becaome almost a status symbol on some inner city gangs to wear their pants like that so that they would have a rep as having been to jail.

I certainly do not mean to draw an opinion of people based upon their appearance, but this manner of dress in most cases has nothing to do with any medical issues, but as a status or as Hex pointed out, something else entirely.

Peace to you.

I pray that you have relief from your pain.

B

The low pants, cheek baring thing is indeed prison origins and does mean exactly what Bro Hex pointed out. My references are inmates at our local County Jail and the federal prison here, which does NOT allow 'hung pants' in the yard. There is a BIG difference between loose fitting, low hung pants for medical reasons and the "I'm yours" fashion. I am forever amused when Cops, or other such shows, catch the "bad guy" within 10 steps because he trips over his own pants...it use to be shoe laces :rofl:(Oh yeah, I'm bad and gonna run like the wind - no shoes laces in sneakers and pants kept up by safety pins pinned thru pants to underwear and a belt around mid-thigh...uh huh...track speed records there!)

Our local school district has a restriction on pants/shorts* not being any low and no tasteless t-shirts, (no advertisement/picture/designs etc. for drugs, alcohol/illegal etc. Every year we've been here (since 2006) the senior class initiates a year long battle with the hs admin's over dress code...it's nice to know this school district does not back down or give in. All they ask is decency.

We live just a few blocks from the one high school and by the time the kids walk by here, the pants are down to their mid-thigh and "wife-beaters are on. Our landscaping staff routinely finds clothing hidden in the plants out along the road .... it's always gone by 3:10-3:15 as school lets out at 3:05.

Blessings of Peace (and a modicum of decency in attire!)

My freshman hs year still had the dress code of collar/button shirt, slacks and dress shoes no sneakers and boys hair above collar! ( :Lighten: So we'd fold down and iron the collar as close to the shoulder as possible and starch the daylights out of it getting a whole extra 3/4 of length on the hair! OMG...hippie!! )

*(No attire, which designates affiliation with outside groups, organizations, or gangs, except with prior permission from the site administrator. This includes, but is not limited to: sagging pants, hanging belts, hair nets, gang related initials or symbols, gang type writing on person, clothing or personal belongings including notebooks.) Full dress code HERE.

Wow atwater that was long

I sure dont believe dress codes neither

But i am shocked you know about writing on people ( not tatts) that i was impress .esp. the gang prt alot of people dont know about that impressive

Peace

Lordie

Sagging pants are only one way to deal with a painful nerve disorder like the one you describe. You could wear loose-fitting light-weight pants. You could wear a kilt. You could wear a dress. You could wear a robe. When choosing a solution to your problem, you would do well to consider the judgements of others, instead of simply saying that they have no right to judge you. This is both because the judgements of others will effect your quality of life and because the whole "we have no right to judge" thing is really just a way to judge others...

Edited by mererdog

We, all of us, are continually making judgments about those around us. I have nerve damage that has left me with a numb foot and often causes me to stagger like a drunk. I am surprised that I have not been asked to leave various business establishments because of it. I often tell my wife that I must look like a drunk to most people. I am aware of what they could think about me but since I am aware of the truth of the matter, I do not let it bother me. No one, as yet, has accused me of being a drunk (at least to my face) so why should I care what they think in their private thoughts?

Thanks mererdog and bro kaman

Yes alot of people stare or make comments

This why i posted this low pants

But it seem only this forum under stands the hurt others do to another . I feel if we preach or teach and show respect maybe the judgeing will stop but i doubt it tho

Judging is wrong and stupid but some people teach to judge ( like my bro) but me i see someone w low pants i dont judge i smile at them or say hi i feel maybe that was a highlight of their day

Peace

Lordie

Judging is wrong and stupid

No it is not. Judging is how we tell the difference between "safe" and "not safe". You judge or you die. The trick is to try to judge fairly, and to remain willing to change your judgments based on new information.

I would agree. We make judgement calls all the time.

Should I take the umbrella or not? Can I make it through the intersection before the light turns red? Is that person with the waistband of their pants around their thighs an idiot?

Sometimes we're right other times maybe not and we need to re-assess based on new information

No it is not. Judging is how we tell the difference between "safe" and "not safe". You judge or you die. The trick is to try to judge fairly, and to remain willing to change your judgments based on new information.

And therein lies the difference between judging and intolerance.

Blessings Be,

And therein lies the difference between judging and intolerance.

It's the difference between judging well and judging poorly. We all judge. We may as well at least try to do it well. This includes when we judge others for the way they judge.

I've grown accustomed to the look, so it doesn't really bother me. But I wonder, don't communities have some right to define what acceptable dress? Isn't shaming one of the oldest and least detrimental forms of punishment that communities use to enforce community norms? If having your pants low is ok, is there any line that can't be objectively crossed? Is topless ok? What about bottomless? Should it be completely acceptable to be completely nude in public? Tolerance is no virtue when it tolerates the intolerable imo

• Amulet locked this topic