Do You Prioritise Liberty Before Established Religion?

For most, their religious or philosophical perspective is an integral and visible aspect of their personality. It is a part of who they are and a functional part of how they interface with other human beings.

To seek an absence in this expression in others is to seek an absence of their freedom to be who they are. It is comparable to saying "I do not mind the gays as long as they do not express their sexuality, because I have a right to be free from homosexuality."

By that logic, I don't see how "keeping it secular" can only appear anti-religious, and not actually be both anti-religious and anti-freedom.

This is why law is necessary as well as government.
People often make the mistake of thinking that if they cannot get what they want without some thing, that thing is necessary. I try not to.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

A lot of faith can be mixed up with an established group. A religion.

But do you personally preference the freedom of everyone, before your religious/spiritual beliefs?

Does Liberty require a secular governance of a nation, to ensure the freedom of religion?

Or should Liberty take a back seat if it means tolerating things that go against your religion?

You post/ask as if you've never read and/or understood the United States Constitution.

Why do you propose that liberty and "religion" are separate ideas/protections? Who has advanced such a cleaver prior to you?

er, maybe not. do you have firm grasp on the laws and governance of austrailia? this question does not only apply to us citizens. sheesh happy.

liberty please

Does Liberty require a secular governance of a nation, to ensure the freedom of religion?

Or should Liberty take a back seat if it means tolerating things that go against your religion?

~ Yeah, think so. Most religious people believe that other religions are 'wrong' & so don't agree with their practices or what .

~ Intolerance...

Is it intolerant to be intolerant of those that are intolerant? Or are you only tolerant to those intolerant as you? :dntknw:

I know, I'm being a bother once again. I apologize!

Just wondering, since it seems that most religions are based upon the intolerance of a God towards humans acting human,

what does that say about humans that ARE tolerant of others? :dntknw:

• Amulet locked this topic