Welfare

lordie

Fine, if IP is not to be equitably redistributed outright, then it can be seized by eminent domain for a price set by the community and placed in the public domain for all to use, in the same way other property is seized for the greater public good. The IP itself is more valuable to the public than currency. The public can print its own currency. Besides the IP is already in the possession of the public in most cases, The claimed IP owner relies on the public to grant a monopoly to maintain their ownership privileges, even though there claimed property is already in the possession of many others. All that really needs to be done is the rescission of this monopoly The claimed IP owner will still possess their IP without loss.

I used to have a dozen or so VIC20's, 64's and 128's. I imagine it is fairly difficult now a days to find 5 1/4" media.

:)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, if IP is not to be equitably redistributed outright, then it can be seized by eminent domain for a price set by the community and placed in the public domain for all to use, in the same way other property is seized for the greater public good. The IP itself is more valuable to the public than currency. The public can print its own currency. Besides the IP is already in the possession of the public in most cases, The claimed IP owner relies on the public to grant a monopoly to maintain their ownership privileges, even though there claimed property is already in the possession of many others. All that really needs to be done is the rescission of this monopoly The claimed IP owner will still possess their IP without loss.

I used to have a dozen or so VIC20's, 64's and 128's. I imagine it is fairly difficult now a days to find 5 1/4" media.

:)

That is how all property works. IP has the advantage that, if one never reveals it, it cannot be taken. Once revealed, of course, it is fairly easy to reproduce. But, in theory, eminent domain could be used to seize IP, just as it can be used to seize land. I would call for less drastic IP reform.. but..

I think I have a bunch of old 5 1/4s too. I think. I know my mom was getting rid of a byte ton of them not long ago..

• Amulet locked this topic