I've Embraced Jesus/christianity Again

I just felt like announcing this. You know that feeling? LOL

Walked the neopagan/Wiccan path for a while... I have come full circle back to Jesus.

You know, not a single Christian or Christian activity lead me back. I feel it was God.

Spirit lead me back :)

Good for you and welcome back. I don't believe anything ticks God off more than breaking the first commandment, but His patience is beyond my comprehension. Whenever I get frustrated, I recall the patience God has had with me, and this helps me look at others differently. Many stray, but never completely forget what God originally set in their heart. As the old hymn says; "None but Christ can satisfy". Or to paraphrase Paul; "Come hell or high water, keep the faith".

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38&39).

Welcome home!

I too walked away from my Christian path at times, and yes, I have always been drawn back like a deer panteth for the water.

Sometimes I think God looks at His children the way parents have to look at a fussy child: I love you dearly, and I'll be right here waiting for you when you're ready to talk to me again.

I am happy you have found the path that resonates for you, and wish you great joy.

Sunday, when I sing "How Great is our God" during the service, I will smile all the more knowing you share His love as well.

good for you, I hope you find everything you need there :)

if you feel like discussing, I see you say that spirit led you back. that's nice. was it gradual, like a lightning bolt or something else? sometimes I've had those eureka! moments :), just wondering if it was like that.

Thanks everyone!

good for you, I hope you find everything you need there :)

if you feel like discussing, I see you say that spirit led you back. that's nice. was it gradual, like a lightning bolt or something else? sometimes I've had those eureka! moments :), just wondering if it was like that.

It was painful, messy, bloody, despairing journey. Lots of struggle with my own sins. I had never found that "thing" in other spiritual orientations.

I think ultimately there is nothing like the Holy Spirit of Jesus.

I was trying to find God in others. In Community. That's why I say, people didn't lead me back. I think I was looking at flesh, instead of getting in touch with spirit.

Raincloud what disenchanted you with Christianity the first time you sought elsewhere for truth. Has that thing changed or merely your perception of it changed?

Some may view your return as the prodigal child returning home, while others may see it as the dog returning to its vomit. I guess the important thing is you feel happy and secure with the choices you have made. I hope you find that which you are seeking and that your choice brings you mucho grande peace, love, health and happiness.

Thanks everyone!

It was painful, messy, bloody, despairing journey. Lots of struggle with my own sins. I had never found that "thing" in other spiritual orientations.

I think ultimately there is nothing like the Holy Spirit of Jesus.

I was trying to find God in others. In Community. That's why I say, people didn't lead me back. I think I was looking at flesh, instead of getting in touch with spirit.

I'm sorry for your troubles raincloud but happy that you have found your way to something that brings you peace :)

I just felt like announcing this. You know that feeling? LOL

Walked the neopagan/Wiccan path for a while... I have come full circle back to Jesus.

You know, not a single Christian or Christian activity lead me back. I feel it was God.

Spirit lead me back :)

Welcome back!!

• Amulet locked this topic