Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lordie

Straight Talk

12 posts in this topic

Does any one have a problem w straight talk

I went thru 3 phones

i currently have three straight talk phones. A basic flip phone, a slider with the qwerty keyboard and a LG with a touch screen and all the bells and whistles

and have not had problems with any of them

Thats good w all i read about straight talk i was concerned about mine

Lordie

Most of the phones I've had over the years from the major companies have burned themselves out or stopped working for one reason or another. I got tired of contract phones and decided to go with Straight Talk. It uses the same carriers "ie" AT&T, Verizon , Sprint but for the price of their basic contract service, I get total unlimited voice and text. I have a great hot spot and the wi-fi is great. I refill through cards found on ebay and save a few dollars each month. If I have a problem with the phone I can just toss it out, buy a new one and transfer the old number in just a few minutes.

I heard of anyone having any issues.

Yes there is issuses dorian but i not sure w what.

Lordie

Straight talk is a joke. They're designed to be a pain in the ass. Their staff is incompetent. They take no responsibility for their **.Their service is weak. Their phones are unreliable. I'd really like to keep going but I'm not sure how much I'd repeat myself or just start long chains of cursing.

The bullets...

There is no working disconnect service function on their website.

If you buy a phone that does not work, and you ask them to cancel your plan/payments... remember that they are walmart....

If you try to get a refund for 6 months of payments made after being told to cancel because you have a phone that refuses to turn connect to their **... it won't be in their computer that they took your money. Therefore, there is nothing they can do.

Your phone will randomly decide that you can only make emergency calls only, until you shut it off and turn it back on a couple times.

Their unlimited plan IS limited, it's just unofficially so. Look up other customer reviews, it actually seems common.

They have a phone system that makes time warner's circus look nice and organized and worth using....

When you talk to their rep about getting your phone activated and they go "Oh, we just need to program it manually" And you go through their process of typing in 9 and 13 number programming codes FOR THEM, you're left with waiting 1-36 hours to see if it actually works, and when you call to tell them it didn't work and we need to figure something else you'll get "Oh, we just need to program it manually" ** idiots.

This company is walmart's inbred grandson.

I don't have a negative thing to say about Straight Talk at this time. As I said in my response above, I have three Straight Talk phones which use the Verizon Network and have not had a problem with them. I have two employees who have Straight Talk and they say they have had no issues either.I did have a friend who had Straight Talk but that phone was on the At&T network and the signal was very poor at times. He switched to a new phone that uses the Verizon Network and everything was ok. Other than difficulty understanding the reps at straight talk, customer service has been ok for me.

I have straight talk w verizon towers

Yes my phone goes to 1x data and so i put it on airplane mode and turn it back on . I called them they said to many are on the network .

I thought to myself really at 10 pm or 8 am huh

I didnt believe them but they fixed my phone amazing i had two zte phones and the battery charger went they told me to send it into them i did they send me tge same phone back not fixed i had to buy a net 10 huh just as bad and then it went the same way so then i bought an lg straight talk . I am tired of buying phones and they are expensive

Lordie

Update my straight talk phone some one send me worm virus thru my phone i had to deactivate it and go to my net 10 phone . Ooh i was mad but worse when i got an email about walmart is selling reburbished phones . T mobile warn me about straight talk actually the phone in general at walmart .

lordie

On 7/5/2013 at 5:06 PM, lordie said:

Does any one have a problem w straight talk

I went thru 3 phones

I most assuredly do have a problem with straight talk. I am NOT straight. :lol: