Today I Want To Give Thanks For ...

Greetings brothers and sisters!

I am what you would call a "low maintenance" type of person.

I am not an optimist, nor a pessimist. I feel i am a realist, but not a sarcastic or cynical realist.

It is easy for me to feel grateful for many things, in spite of going thru difficult periods in life.

TODAY i am grateful for the sun and the blue sky!!

We have had SO much rain and so many cloudy days, that we had forgotten what the colors blue and yellow looked like!

I am also grateful that God made animals.

It has been fun watching the animals come out, now that we are in some semblance of spring: rabbits, squirrels, muskrats, snakes, and many, many birds which had left for the winter.

And of course, the very best animals in the planet, my doggies!

Today i am grateful that it is a lovely, sunny, warm day, where i can take Seymour and Toby (my Corgis) out for a long walk.

They are grateful for the warmth, the sunshine and the green grass.

They will lie down in the grass to sunbathe, and they will eat the grass, because they are happy and grateful cow-dogs.

They are black and white too, which is the color on many -a- cows!

I hope it is sunny and shiny where you are!!

Today i want to give thanks for the gift of family.

I see my children, my son is 23 and my daughter is 21, and i love the adults they have turned into. I am very proud of the people they have grown up to be.

I feel that they are special, very special. I know that everyone's child is special, but in the case of my children, I feel they are very special because i actually could not have children! I had 4 miscarriages before my son was born! So the fact that they made it into this world does not cease to amaze me, even now when they are adults!

For a long time they were the center of my life. I feel blessed to the core of my being, for having been allowed to bring them into the world, and to be their mother as they were growing up.

They are now my closest friends, and i thank God and Life for that gift!