Happy Nos Galan Gaeaf (May Eve) / Beltane

Hi RevRattlesnake!

Yes, I liked The Wicker Tree on its own merits. I think too many people tried to compare it to the original The Wicker Man which is a horror classic.. Really, in my opinion,The Wicker Tree was infinitely better than Nicholas Cage's remake of The Wicker Man.

Hi PaganPeaceMaker!

Yes, in Wales they are called the Plant Don (Children of Don) or the Tylwyth Teg (the Fair Folk or Tribe), but they are essentially the same family of Celtic gods :). Hope your Beltane was a great one!

Thank you :). Mastering Witchcraft is an excellent book and one of the first "do it yourself" books on Witchcraft. Many Wiccan Witches find it too "dark" because it presents magic (which the author refers to as "Witch power") as a neutral force that can be used for good or ill. The book is morally ambiguous and expects one to be mature enough to make their own decisions. I am not evil, but I don't want to be ignorant of the darker aspects of magic either. To quote the wise sage Schoolhouse Rocky, "Knowledge is power!" In recent years the book has become popular again among Traditional or non-Wiccan Witches such as myself.

As a child I ALWAYS took may-baskets to my teachers. (then I'd get to explain to the class what May Day was..)

Now I'm looking at the path of our planet & asking myself "Which Date is New-Year?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

... as if an ellipse has a beginning & an end.

i'm leaning toward every day being a new begining....

Different cultures start days at different times (sunset, midnight, sunrise...)

The year begins at January (Janus), Beltane, Samhain, YULE.....idk~

maybe someday i'll figure it out.

till then we have visions of Queen Guinivere singing about "the lusty month of May" :-)

so, THANK YOU for the spring-time holy-day wishes... the same to you :jest:

• Amulet locked this topic