I am kind of excited and nervous as in 53 days I am performing my first marriage. As a minister of the ULC, and also a bible college student, so this is an exciting opportunity. So far I have led a few sermons and communion for the campus ministry, but a wedding is quite an event!

Anyways, if anyone wants to leave feed back of their experiences or may offer some advice, that would be awesome.

congratulations revmitch, its quite an honor :)

there are many here with far more experience than me. I have only performed one wedding but I can tell you that preparation and joy in the preparation will take you farther than you might imagine.

practice, practice, practice till the words come so naturally that you are even free to improvise :)

if you have any specific questions, you'll get some great feedback here. where is ginger girl, among others?

Congrats! and yes, absolutely, practice makes perfect!

The main things I've focused on is being attentive to details of the bride and groom. If you have a "set standard" (things you feel you must include) make sure they're aware and figure out how to blend that with their needs, requests etc....now days lots of couples have their own vows and the like. I've just always kept in mind that this is THEIR day and the more special we can make it for them, the better.

Be patient, you'll be inspired as the Source of All leads you!

Blessings of Peace,

I am kind of excited and nervous as in 53 days I am performing my first marriage. As a minister of the ULC, and also a bible college student, so this is an exciting opportunity. So far I have led a few sermons and communion for the campus ministry, but a wedding is quite an event!

Anyways, if anyone wants to leave feed back of their experiences or may offer some advice, that would be awesome.

I agree that practice is needed. Don't just read the ceremony, but read it out loud so you can hear how it is going to come out or have someone listen and give advice.

You will be nervous for the first couple of ceremonies so don't worry if you are.

Good luck!

• Amulet locked this topic