I didn't see this discussion on the forum and I searched so if I missed it, I apologize. Please don't hesitate to steer me in the right direction.

Have the ministers here discussed how they have benefited from the ULC Courses in terms of learning or spiritual progression?

I was curious about any insights. I am referring to the courses offered at http://www.ulc.net/index.php?page=shop&cat=17

Brother Earl

I didn't see this discussion on the forum and I searched so if I missed it, I apologize. Please don't hesitate to steer me in the right direction.

Have the ministers here discussed how they have benefited from the ULC Courses in terms of learning or spiritual progression?

I was curious about any insights. I am referring to the courses offered at http://www.ulc.net/index.php?page=shop&cat=17

Brother Earl

I am a Doctor of the Universe!! ahem...anyway while taking that course I became convinced that Kirby was a nut (in a good way, but nevertheless).

:)

Edited by FrJohnG
  • 4 weeks later...

i took one course from hq(masters of religion?)which gave me some insight into kirby and the church(was he a nut?well,he got things done differently than most folks,and lived out his dream),and 2 courses from the seminary.the masters of budhism i really enjoyed,although the new course of the same name is much better than the one i took.the doctor of spirituality was a waste of my time and money.however some people seem to understand and enjoy it.

if the course is still available,i would like to take the comparative religion course.

The Comparative Religion course was informative and I thought well worth the price of the course. If there is a down side or any negs about it, I would say it did only touch on "basics". For my own Works, I've had to expand on what I got from the course, but then I suppose any college or university course is the same when someone wants to "know more than" what is offered in the curriculum.

But as a down to basics, absolutely GREAT place to start, I give it 4½ of 5 :thumbu::thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu: +

Blessings Be,

I am a Doctor of the Universe!! ahem...anyway while taking that course I became convinced that Kirby was a nut (in a good way, but nevertheless).

I must apologize for my name calling of Mr. Kirby in this post!!!!

He was far from a "nut". He found his faith and stuck by it 100%. I admire that.

I reread his D.Univ study material.

I must've been in a bad mood or something the day I wrote that.

Again my apologies.

Edited by FrJohnG

I must apologize for my name calling of Mr. Kirby in this post!!!!

He was far from a "nut". He found his faith and stuck by it 100%. I admire that.

I reread his D.Univ study material.

I must've been in a bad mood or something the day I wrote that.

Again my apologies.

It's fine Kirby believed anyone that wanted to be a minister was already called by God and didnt need any formal schooling or training. sort of like back in jesus time.

now we train so we are sure that the ministers are performing the proper way for thier religion. like for the catholic faith. we teach from the bible. plus rituals and formulas. because we feel you are suppost to perform the rites properly to honor God.

which is weird because the catholic faith comes from the apostles and not jesus.

Edited by BpCorey
  • 1 year later...

I am reading The Prophet Books for the Doctor of the Universe course right now (just got them Monday and just started reading them so still on book one: The Prophet as I type this), and I have to say it is interesting and Kirby was a unique individual. I already know I am going to have to go back and reread the books after I finish them. I think the Doctor of the Universe course is one that is intended to try to get one to think outside the box and not blindly follow a religion.

As I said so far its an interesting read. I won't elaborate since if you haven't read the books or done the course I don't want to spoil it for you.

Well finished the books for the Doctor of the Universe Course. My initial remarks above about re. Kirby still stand he was one unique (and interesting) individual from what he has to say in the Prophet series. Reread the the books 3 times before taking the exam (which I passed, yay). Definitely looking forward to doing some of the other ULC courses (SOUL Clinic is one of the top ones on my list).

Well finished the books for the Doctor of the Universe Course. My initial remarks above about re. Kirby still stand he was one unique (and interesting) individual from what he has to say in the Prophet series. Reread the the books 3 times before taking the exam (which I passed, yay). Definitely looking forward to doing some of the other ULC courses (SOUL Clinic is one of the top ones on my list).

I have ordered Doctor of Metaphysics, and Doctor of Motivation courses, just to get my feet wet. I'm building myself up for the Ph.D. course. Hope to find the experience worthwhile, and possibly enlightening.

• 1 year later...

I've read that degrees in "Religion," "Religious Studies," "Divinity" and "Philosophy" are less quacky looking on resumes. It also depends on what the resume or profile is for. I'd be impressed by any study related to a purpose at hand. For example, if a person who has a blog about cooking too any cooking classes of any kind, I'd be impressed they took their interest a step further. Books read, badges, mooc certificates, online seminars, and any form of learning is admirable if you're passionate about the subject and more specifically, acting in its respect. I haven't taken any of the ULC offerred courses but I'm considering it. I do a lot of MOOC's and online distance education already so I'm currently bogged down. But I'll probably take the Seminaries Chaplaincy course and Seminary Course. It would be helpful to have some support for entitlements such as doing prayer requests or reading or laying on hands in nursing homes.

• 7 months later...

Just a quick inquiry: in the very recent past, there were some additional courses listed in the bookstore that were, I believe, offered through the ULC Seminary. Now those courses seemed to have disappeared from the site. Are we no longer linked to the Seminary for these courses and degrees?

• Like 1
On 10/22/2016 at 4:18 PM, mark 45 said:

last i knew we still were,but if you waqnt to,contact bro kevin direct.

sometimes courses are deleted as they are not "popular"or selling as well as hoped.

Thanks, might do that. Especially since I see all of the courses are still offered, along with original ULC staples, at the Seminary website.

• Like 1