Hello all.

I just want to share a bit of my history in regards to my ordination into the holy priesthood.

My website is a duel ministry...that of the ULC and cosponsored by the Old Catholic Order of Paul the Apostle, "Old Catholic Paulists" www.oldcatholicapaulists.org

My website is http://wiregrassulc.webs.com

What is the "Old Catholic Church"?

The Old Catholic movement traces its history to the Utrecht Union in the Netherlands. The church began splitting apart from Rome in the 19th century over the appointment of bishops by the Pope, who had been previously elected from within each diocese. The split became final after Vatican I when Pope Pius IX claimed Papal Infallibility. The prior tradition, and that which is still held by Old Catholics, is that of “Infallibility of Bishops in General Council.”

The Old Catholic Church is associated with the Holy See of Antioch, which was founded by St. Peter as its first Bishop, and where the term "Christian " was first applied to believers and followers of Jesus Christ. The Old Catholic Church is part of the “One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. " The Bishops of the Old Catholic Church "hold and keep" Apostolic Succession.

The Old Catholic Church welcomes individual Roman Catholics, and other Christians, to
participate in Communion and other Sacraments. Old Catholics believe in the "Real Presence" in the Eucharist; that the Bread and Wine, truly become the "Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity" of Jesus Christ.

Of particular concern to The Old Catholic Church is the offering of Sacraments to those who have left Catholicism for whatever reason, or those who are considered "displaced Catholics", and/or other Christians, who seek forms of worship and beliefs, founded in Sacred Scripture and the Traditions of the Catholic Church.

John, your site says that you group does not allow you to hold ULC membership..

"We do not allow for dual-membership with any other jurisdiction, as we feel that an Old Catholic Paulist Priest must dedicate his entire service to the faithful through the Old Catholic Order of Paul the Apostle. As our Lord stated, “No one can serve two masters”. (Matt 6:24)"

John, your site says that you group does not allow you to hold ULC membership..

"We do not allow for dual-membership with any other jurisdiction, as we feel that an Old Catholic Paulist Priest must dedicate his entire service to the faithful through the Old Catholic Order of Paul the Apostle. As our Lord stated, “No one can serve two masters”. (Matt 6:24)"

What that translates to is that I cannot be incardinated to two Bishops at once. There isn't a Bishop to incardinate to in the ULC so my Bishop approved this ministry.

:)

Somewhat off-topic, but do you folks with a Catholic background have any particular concerns or insights on Francis I?

I think the new Pontiff will have a lot riding on his shoulders in regards to healing the Church from within and from without.

He seems, so far, to be personable. I can only judge this by his humble roots that I've read about and also from watching his Urbi et Orbi, meaning "to the city and the world."

I pray his papacy is a blessed one.

Still waters run deep and as you pointed out Hex, he is an Italian. I still feel strongly about the St Malachy prophecies. Taking the name after Francis of Assisi dosn`t mean too much. What is in the heart that counts and the intention. I hopeI am wrong.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

As someone who was raised Catholic and still have many Catholic family members, I understand the "two bishops" discussion above and like them, believe everything is theologically copasetic. Also, I think Pope Francis I is off to a good start with so many people hurting right now. If he is truely as genuine and humble as he seems, then I think he will be instrumental in healing some of the wounds they have open currently.

Oh, nice to meet you too :)

Edited by MatthewMaiden

Still waters run deep and as you pointed out Hex, he is an Italian. I still feel strongly about the St Malachy prophecies. Taking the name after Francis of Assisi dosn`t mean too much. What is in the heart that counts and the intention. I hopeI am wrong.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

In what way do you feel strongly about the St. Malachy "prophecies"?

(perhaps another thread to discuss?)

• Amulet locked this topic