Wisdom Expressed In 20 Words Or Less

In one of the topics I posted in recently, I quoted one the life-lessons my Grandfather passed on to me many years ago. I was reminded by a friend of what a practical and intelligent man he was, and I decided to pass on a couple of the gems of knowledge that he shared with me.

My Grandpa didn't waste words, and had little patience for folks that took 10 minutes to say what could be communicated in two. He was a fountain of "Folk Knowledge" and I was blessed to have been instructed by him. I'm going to start by sharing my two favorites, and then add one every other day or two.

1. Once a mule's made up it's mind, only a bullet will change it.

2. Nobody know less than the man who knows it all.

Everyone has their own favorites, so if you'd like, please feel free to contribute yours!

Don't mind if I fall apart. There's more room in a broken heart. - Carly Simon

(As I have said a few times, given my work with elderly persons with dementia, you have to be willing to have your heart broken, be willing to cry, and be willing to love, or you need to choose a different career path. Sometimes the staff are the only ones left to show these folks love. Yes, I have been torn apart emotionally, especially this past month, where I have lost literally one third of my unit to death - when you hit a population all around a certain age, it can happen like that - but if even one person went to their creator knowing that in their last days there was someone who loved them unconditionally, and wanted them to live as happily as they were able, then every tear was worth it and then some).

Don't mind if I fall apart. There's more room in a broken heart. - Carly Simon

(As I have said a few times, given my work with elderly persons with dementia, you have to be willing to have your heart broken, be willing to cry, and be willing to love, or you need to choose a different career path. Sometimes the staff are the only ones left to show these folks love. Yes, I have been torn apart emotionally, especially this past month, where I have lost literally one third of my unit to death - when you hit a population all around a certain age, it can happen like that - but if even one person went to their creator knowing that in their last days there was someone who loved them unconditionally, and wanted them to live as happily as they were able, then every tear was worth it and then some).

Big Hug for BroDevon.

Some great guru the other day was saying that saints do walk amongst us--and that their thought gets imprinted into the "soul matter" of people around them uplifting everyone, including every living thing within 500 meters or more, for some it is 5KMS. And this is everyone that is within that area, St Francis of Assisi was known to just walk amongst the people without talking--and new the power of this . On one such occasion one of the monks asked him why he was not talking--he said: "I did".

Thank you Br.Devon you are one of these saints, I have said it before---but one cannot repeat it enough. :cupidarrow:

One of a saying I am noted for is: Nothing is permanent but change--Lao Tse

and one from my own grandfather--There is no luggage rack on a hearse.

blessings and love,

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

• 2 weeks later...

8. The 10 Commandments are not called The 10 Suggestions. You don't get to pick and choose which ones don't apply to you.

Well since that saying is 22 words and not 20 words or less I'm sure glad that doesn't apply :)

HAPPY EASTER BRO!!!

Edited by Fawzo