well, contact them. Ask them for more info. Names and such. Assume they mean well, unless you learn differently.

]

There is also a website. I tried to contact them but the site is difficult to track beyond the ULCiHQ and I am not going there and nor have I ever done. I wish they had asked our permission first. If I had known that it was the ulcihq I would not of given it. Please do not confuse the ulcihq with the ulchq. The later is the genuine one. I think they are using our UK site to promote their own and despite their swearing loyalty to Modesto the ulcihq is not at Modesto and has no connections with it..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its legit, then I may turn a blind eye but I would like to have been asked and especially as they are asking for money because I do not want to be a party to being used to gain funds if it is not actually going to the church in Modesto or any charities concerned.

I also note its using the ULC Blue shield too. I understand that is also copywritten to this forum and Brother Kevin.

I just wish they had asked or inform me of what they are about first.

Edited by Pete

As none of the named links on the video lead me to the person's responsible I have written to the ULCHQ. It maybe they are expanding into Europe. If that is the case then I would be delighted.

I have no problem with the genuine ulchq in Modesto using the logos.

They have a site called ULC Europe at :- https://sites.google.com/site/universallifechurcheurope/home

Let you know if I find out more.

Heck, as a ulc ambassador, I have a legal paper saying I can speak in the churches name. with no expiration date, signed by Kirby and lida and the church seal on it.

I could ordain in the churches name and send my ordination records to be added to the main database. and I could use ULC in my churches name too.

they even used to let us buy blank certificates once. until too many were issuing them without registering them with hq. so I could run my church as Kirby wanted or run my own version as a catholic group or whatever.

I don't like that one group in florida, he once told me Kirby was a devil worshiper and that's what he said in his books. which is not true. his views did sort of get metaphysical thou.

Heck, as a ulc ambassador, I have a legal paper saying I can speak in the churches name. with no expiration date, signed by Kirby and lida and the church seal on it.

I could ordain in the churches name and send my ordination records to be added to the main database. and I could use ULC in my churches name too.

they even used to let us buy blank certificates once. until too many were issuing them without registering them with hq. so I could run my church as Kirby wanted or run my own version as a catholic group or whatever.

I don't like that one group in florida, he once told me Kirby was a devil worshiper and that's what he said in his books. which is not true. his views did sort of get metaphysical thou.

I read some of Kirby's stuff when it was current. He would say -- for instance -- that the immortality of a tree was in it's seeds. Not metaphysical at all. If anything, Kirby was a naturalist. He taught that we should live for the here and now. He was very clear that we should be happy in this life and not wait for Heaven to be happy.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
  • 3 weeks later...

Just something else to add. The world headquarter's site states that it's located at 1825 NW Corporate Blvd.,Suite 110, Boca Raton FL 33431. On their faq page they state that they are a real brick and mortar church.

I checked and found that 1825 NW Corporate Blvd.,Suite 110, Boca Raton FL 33431 is Opus Virtual Offices (source : www.opusvirtualoffices.com). This is just a virtual office for $99.00 a month. No physical space. The entire building complex is owned by Lynn Financial Center (source: www.lynnfinancialcenter.com). Does anyone know if they have a real brick and mortar site? This seems very deceptive to me. Or am I wrong here?

I got a shock when I saw a You Tube vid about the ULC in the UK. Saying we are there brothers and sisters in the UK and calling their site ULC Europe. When I clicked on their coat of arm I traced it back to the ULCiHQ and someone called Kanaal Van ulcuinfogate.

What bothers me is they say they are loyal to Modesto and describe themselves as a charity.

This video has nothing to do with the ULC in the UK forum and neither has the ULCiHQ. We only recognise the ULCHQ in Modesto.

I recommend that no one sends them money and also they are using copywrite material belonging to the ULC in the UK forum without permission in what I believe is a scam.

Got an email to day. It seems its someone called Ivan who wants to start a forum in Belgium. He said he asked Brother Kevin if he could use the ULCin the UK forum logo and thought it was okay. Ivan's email sounds as far as I can tell legit. If people know anything otherwise that suggests I should not, then I think we will grant him permission. He insists he is loyal to Modesto and I am all for ULC expansion. Do not feel so bad about it now.

After reading all of this and from my own experience with being a ulc minister sincer 2007 (reaffirmed for official record -at- the OG HQin march of this year) I have to say that, A) all ULC's, original, sanctioned, legitimate, nefarious, scandalous, ect. Have the reputation as being BS. I use my title of Reverend, in it's abbreviated form, in my email. Several people have asked if I was a reverend and I of course say yes. My ministry is small, mostly personal, though it subtley impacts those closest to me in not always obvious ways... I have yet to perform a wedding our any ritual for another of any faith. However, being young and nontraditionally ordained isn't a detractor, unless folks find out it was on line where I applied for and received ordination. My mom's 2nd husband frames as a hobby. He's framing some of my ulc certificates like my credentials, DD degree, Amy's Honorary B.Div and my title which I received just after reordination. He has framed one but scoff because "he knows how I am about religion" based on my rebelious teen years of atheism and satanisn and a distance from catholic teachings on which I was raised.

I am also an member of a local political party. The membership chair recalled me early on as a "fake" reverend. Also, many times whenyou hear about celebrities recently ordained by ULC to perform marriages, i've see they gravitate towards the monastery's ULC whivh any of us understand the humor in that when intelligent comics get ordained through a legally questionable source that publically share's a name with the church.

However.... no matter when you were ordained, so long as you weren't just fishing for a legal title for ego boosting, there is nothing fake about it. If there is no profit and it meets majority legal standards while spiritually fulfilling.

My stepdad may be curious, or even offended by my honorary degrees and official title (honorary and bestowed for merit/experience) but no one balked when I bestowed upon my grandmother her saintly praise through the ulc. The party membership chair may remember the "fake reverend, but my account at least says wedding officiant, recognizing my power as a reverend of anykind. So even those who question still recognize something.

Many will look at any non traditional ordination funny, but few will look into the core beliefs of the members and ministers. So while many ULC's aren't us,they are because we are too misunderstood to be defended, but too formidable to be usurped or overrun.

• 2 weeks later...

Rev Dr Burnt Swamp said....

"The reason this in particular deserves mention is the terrible slanderous attacks made by these creepy-looking "Christians" against the scrupulously honest and ethical bookstore here,"

I have seen all the sites listed, and find this comment strange, because those sites also have all the religions that are welcomed with open arms on this forum. I do not see where the "creepy-looking "Christians" comment comes from...what about the creepy-looking "Wicca's" , creepy-looking "Buddhist", creepy-looking "Whoever's" that also claim a stake in this all-tolerant ULC organization... :derisive:

Could you please point out where only the christains are doing this? Really, I am curious, and it is possible that I missed this somehow on the site...... :dirol:

• Amulet locked this topic