• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be just my opinion,

but the deliberate co-opting of Kirby J Hensley strikes ME as counterfeit .

If they aren't PART of us, how is it honest for them to lay claim to the Hensleys?

Ever noticed how many sects claim to be the sole inheritor of Christ's legacy? I think there may be more than four.

• 4 months later...

To be honest, and I'm not attacking Rev. Amy Long personally but the ULC Seminary is a strange site with overpriced items/courses, etc.

Pax

Yes I know, I am necro-posting reviving a thread that has been inactive for over 5 months, but I did want to comment on one thing that was posted.

I actually found that some of the items Rev. Long has available in the Seminary to actually be a better price then the ULC Bookstore (the store here at ULC.net), a prime example are the stoles, Here they are $49.95 for the ebroidered Red, Green, White or Purple stoles, where as the Seminary has them for $39.95, granted they aren't the exact same design, or the White Wedding stole, here it is $89.95 where as the Seminary has it for $54.95 (the images for both look like it is the exact same stole), here books Weddings Funerals and Rites of Passage are the same price, while More Weddings Funerals and Rites of Passage is $5 cheaper through the Seminary and I believe the Ultimate Wedding Workbook is also the same price here and at the Seminary (well ok the Seminary is cheaper but only by 5 cents).

She also has some different designs on Clergy badges (I am thinking of getting either the White ULC shield one or the black ULC shield one if I dont order the one in the store here), along with ULC Window Decal (great for identifying your vehicle along with the window placard you can get through the store here) and a ULC Minister pin to wear on your lapel (if you are wearing a Polo shirt or a dress shirt, I am thinking of getting a couple and turning one into a tie tack). She also has a little ULC notepad with the ULC shield and the word Minister under it, these would be great for using to take notes at a wedding, baptism, etc... consultation.

As for the counterfeit sites, it is a shame they are using the ULC name and giving people a false information.

Agreed Hex. Amy (IMO) has integrity and would not try to deceive anyone. The seminary also do some great courses. Of the ULC sites I go to, there is the ULC.net, the ULCHQ, The ULC seminary, The ULC tribal, and the ULC in the UK forums. I am just not interested in getting involved with others organisations like the monastery.

I know the ULC Seminary isnt a "fake ULC Site." I was just responding to the post that said her site was strange and overpriced. As I mentioned I found that some of the items on her site to be cheaper (the Stoles) the stores here. I also found she has some nice items for us, like the Minister Pins, the Removable Minister window decal, etc...

Now as for the "fake ULC Sites" I have warned people who ask me what the ULC is about those sites, and direct them to either ULC.net or ULCHQ.org, letting then know that those are the official ULC sites for the original ULC based on Modesto, I do let them know that there is one other "approved" site the ULCSeminary.org, that while not official, is recognized and does have a good working relationship with Modesto, and will forward any ordination request right to Modesto.

Now I do check the "fake ULC Sites" regularly, to see what content they might have that I may find useful, such as Ceremonies. I will also admit I have seen one or two items on the Monastery store that have peaked my interest such as the Baker's Pastorial Handbook set (Bakers Wedding Handbook, Bakers Funeral handbook and Ministers Service manual), though I have yet to break down and order from them, and if I do I would probably be using a pre-paid debit card with just enough to cover the cost of what I order. I do know I will order from here, Modesto or the Seminary first if the exact same product is offered, before giving any money to the Monastary or any other "ULC Site."

I know the ULC Seminary isnt a "fake ULC Site." I was just responding to the post that said her site was strange and overpriced. As I mentioned I found that some of the items on her site to be cheaper (the Stoles) the stores here. I also found she has some nice items for us, like the Minister Pins, the Removable Minister window decal, etc...

Now as for the "fake ULC Sites" I have warned people who ask me what the ULC is about those sites, and direct them to either ULC.net or ULCHQ.org, letting then know that those are the official ULC sites for the original ULC based on Modesto, I do let them know that there is one other "approved" site the ULCSeminary.org, that while not official, is recognized and does have a good working relationship with Modesto, and will forward any ordination request right to Modesto.

Now I do check the "fake ULC Sites" regularly, to see what content they might have that I may find useful, such as Ceremonies. I will also admit I have seen one or two items on the Monastery store that have peaked my interest such as the Baker's Pastorial Handbook set (Bakers Wedding Handbook, Bakers Funeral handbook and Ministers Service manual), though I have yet to break down and order from them, and if I do I would probably be using a pre-paid debit card with just enough to cover the cost of what I order. I do know I will order from here, Modesto or the Seminary first if the exact same product is offered, before giving any money to the Monastary or any other "ULC Site."

I used to buy all the little rite books hq sold. some are nice reading.

since I do all denomination rites I wanted a good library of them.

some others good books for weddings are christian weddings,

and a wedding to remember. I was also getting books on starting a bridal consultant business, to see what kind of things brides want, now I see where the term Bridezilla came from. I see that ULCnetwork site has taken down most of his catholic ULC stuff.

I guess he got tired of people calling him on his lines. ha! more for me.

I think you had a typo in the above. ULCHQ.com is the modesto site and ULCHQ.com is the monastery site.

I think you had a typo in the above. ULCHQ.com is the modesto site and ULCHQ.com is the monastery site.

Yeah my bad. That's what you get for typing and not proofreading, it should be ULCHQ.com for Modesto not ULCHQ.org, I was probably thinking ahead to the ULCSeminary.org address when when typing that out.

As I said while I have seen a couple items at the Monastery's store, I would prefer to buy from HQ, here or the Seminary first if it was an offered item, even if it cost more then at the Monastery store. The same goes for some of the other "Fake ULC Sites" if they have some thing in their store that catches my interest I will look to see if its offered at Here, HQ or the Seminary.

Want to know what NEFARIOUS machinations
one of the WORST OFFENDER "FAKE ULCs" around is "up to" these days ?:

WE (The "Good Guys"..members of .the ORIGINAL Universal Life Church)

operate this "Modesto sanctioned" forum, right ?

And our URL for this forum is ... what ? FORUM.ULC.NET right ?

So this is what new URL that THE MONASTERY has chosen to obtain: FORUMULC.NET

Which will get you a REDIRECT to: http://www.themonastery.org/ordination

(which isn't even "a forum" at all !!!)

Notice the "missing dot" between "FORUM" and "ULC" ??

That's dishonest, low-life and disgusting... "in my opinion".

just the sort of thing that I have come to expect from themonastery.org

Edited by Bro. Hex

This is one reason why, even though I have seen some items in the Monestary's online store that the Seminary or here don't offer, I have been hesitant to oder from them. I will be looking locally at a couple church supply stores, here in teh next week or two, for got to last week when I visited the stores, was primarily pricing the tab shirts that they had available.

Its a shame when you have a group liek the Monestary, having to register all these domain names to fool people into going to their site, then leading you to believe that they are who they aren't, iirc for the Monestary the guy running it doesnt even sign the credentials with his real name, which from causes the ordinations to be invalid since he hasn't signed with his legal name.

That would still make this the first and original ULC site.

The URL is not the site, and is presently possessed per parasitic poseur pretender.

(Sorry, I got carried away with the alliteration.) :birgits_giggle:

That is the problem with websites. Physical spaces can be traced back. Brick and motrar has history. Cyber space is what we make of it. If Modesto HQ moves, then things will be a lot worse to figure out.

I would love to be able to view the previous periodicals! I would find it an entertaining way to become closer to a church I have just joined. What's more, I would be happy to pay a "subscription" to do so!

just buy the old ULC books. some are still around.

one good one on history was the BufferZone. and all of Kirbys old books.

I think HQ still has copys. and maybe most of the ULC offshoot churches too.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a shock when I saw a You Tube vid about the ULC in the UK. Saying we are there brothers and sisters in the UK and calling their site ULC Europe. When I clicked on their coat of arm I traced it back to the ULCiHQ and someone called Kanaal Van ulcuinfogate.

What bothers me is they say they are loyal to Modesto and describe themselves as a charity.

This video has nothing to do with the ULC in the UK forum and neither has the ULCiHQ. We only recognise the ULCHQ in Modesto.

I recommend that no one sends them money and also they are using copywrite material belonging to the ULC in the UK forum without permission in what I believe is a scam.

• Amulet locked this topic