Universal Life Church Seven..have You Heard Of Them

Nice neighborhood. I'm not familiar with the ULC7 but I could go for a baptism in that pool. They don't seem to have a local presence, though internet business isn't unusual these days. Maybe it's that prosperity theology. Any connection, or lack thereof, with Modesto is really none of my business, but that Colombian domain is interesting...

8141v.jpg8141b.jpg

8141 Misty Oaks Blvd, Sarasota, FL

Nice neighborhood. I'm not familiar with the ULC7 but I could go for a baptism in that pool. They don't seem to have a local presence, though internet business isn't unusual these days. Maybe it's that prosperity theology. Any connection, or lack thereof, with Modesto is really none of my business, but that Colombian domain is interesting...

8141v.jpg8141b.jpg

What does "8141 Misty Oaks Blvd, Sarasota, FL" have to do with anything???

I am not following this (well, not beyond sussing out that this is a new group of "rip-off artists" trading on the name of the ULC-Modesto). These jokers want folks to believe that they ARE the Modesto ULC, not that their founder (whoever that is) got ordained by ULC Modesto and is now starting a competition web "business". My intuition tells me that these jokers don't even have a rented post office box in Modesto... much less a physical presence.

Edited by Bro. Hex

The web site states that their headquarters is in Modesto

You must be a real sleuth to have even found this much of a "claim", Fawz...

I spent 10 minutes on their website actively LOOKING for this claim, and never found it!

Sam,

That is the address* listed on the domain registration that I linked to.

-DG

I am impressed, Josh... I didn't know you could look up stuff like that.

In any event..."It ain't Modesto" !

* Sarasotta address

Edited by Bro. Hex

8141v.jpg8141b.jpg

While .co is technically Colombian, it is actually now a common domain for company to have a "shorter" domain name. Notable examples are twitter (t.co) and google (g.co).

Sam I found it on this page http://www.ulc.co/ca...rters-a-91.html

Can I visit the Universal Life Church Headquarters? by ULCS pixel_trans.gif

Yes, the universal life church headquarters is open to the public and church services are held every Sunday at 10am.

Universal Life Church, Headquarters:

601 Third St. Modesto, CA 95351

Hey that is our headquarters....that can't be legal can it?

Edited by Fawzo

Assuming that he is passing the ordinations to the HQ in Modesto, he is doing nothing against the ULC HQ's rules in that they authorize thier minister's to ordain others (and submit the records back to the HQ). Basically the site (assuming the ordination part is passed back) operates no differently then this site or the ULC Seminary.

(disclosure: I am a moderator here at ULC.net and the Vice President of the ULC Seminary).

Sam I found it on this page http://www.ulc.co/ca...rters-a-91.html

Thanks, Frank!

Can I visit the Universal Life Church Headquarters? by ULCS pixel_trans.gif

Yes, the universal life church headquarters is open to the public and church services are held every Sunday at 10am.

Universal Life Church, Headquarters:

601 Third St. Modesto, CA 95351

Hey that is our headquarters....that can't be legal can it?

Assuming that he is passing the ordinations to the HQ in Modesto

Call me a cynic, Josh, but that is an assumption I am not inclined to make.

It would be helpful to hear from Andre in this regard.

Edited by Bro. Hex

While .co is technically Colombian, it is actually now a common domain for company to have a "shorter" domain name. Notable examples are twitter (t.co) and google (g.co).

True, but subtle domain changes are also a common phishing tactic. I want to be clear that I'm not making any accusations, but considering a website that appears to be primarily designed around sales, an "About Us" section that represents them as (and provides contact links for) Modesto, and which provides absolutely no information about the charter group, it throws a flag.

(The value of the house is irrelevant to any concerns, I just looked it up and shared the results to verify that it's a legitimate address and not a vacant lot. It's likely a dead end, further investigation of Hartley indicates it's the location of a legitimate (and evidently profitable) graphics/eCommerce design company and may well have nothing else to do with the church itself. So far I haven't been able to identify any other actual people even indirectly associated with this branch.)

https://www.facebook...universalchurch

Apparently they've been around a couple years, although their FB has the presiding minister listed as a company in O'Fallon, Illinois (with no further details.) It's a little hinky that I haven't been able to find any record of a "Universal Life Church 7" (or variations thereof) with either the BBB or D&B. If they're incorporated they're doing business under another name. You can call me a cynic as well but I'm wary of any church that disguises it's operations behind so many layers, especially if they only exist on "paper." That said, I reiterate that I have no interest in the business of either party apart from protecting the innocent from potential subterfuge. As long as it's not a scam and there are no legal violations or conflict with HQ I wish them nothing but success.

• Amulet locked this topic