Akia22

Officiate Weddings In More Than One State

I am in the process of getting a license from the state of Ohio to offiate weddings in the state of Ohio. I am assuming this just covers Ohio. If that is the case, do I need to follow the guidelines for each state in order to officiate in those states, as I do a alot of travling?

That is correct. Each state controls it's own process for who may solemnize a marriage. Some states require you to do nothing, while others (as you have seen with Ohio), require a bit of paperwork.

Correct.  The States themselves say who can marry who in their State.   I live in Michigan; but because I'm authorized to perform marriage here, doesn't mean I am in Ohio -- or anywhere else.  Only the individual States can say I can or not.  I'm in the process of registering in Ohio as well, actually -- just because I have friends and family there, and it would be nice to have it "just in case," and I'm less than an hour away from the border.  One never knows where they'll be called to!  :-)

-- Rev. Samuel
Universal Life Church of Michigan

Edited by RevSam

Does anyone know whether Georgia recognizes us as ministers and recognizes if we can legally officiate marriages in Georgia?

On 7/29/2017 at 0:46 PM, RevTom said:

Does anyone know whether Georgia recognizes us as ministers and recognizes if we can legally officiate marriages in Georgia?

Your ordination is recognized as legal and valid in all 50 US States.

Laws regarding solemnizing a marriage will vary depending on your location. Your county's requirements may be different than the next county. They will hopefully have information available on its website. Documents or applications are usually handled through the Clerk's office.

3 hours ago, Amulet said:

Your ordination is recognized as legal and valid in all 50 US States.

Laws regarding solemnizing a marriage will vary depending on your location. Your county's requirements may be different than the next county. They will hopefully have information available on its website. Documents or applications are usually handled through the Clerk's office.

Thank you. I have gotten excited about being back here, and with the input from those who exchange ideas and viewpoints, it has helped me to be more careful and concise in how I express myself. I want to start a ULC church near my home, and have quite a few people who are asking me to minister to them.