Past Lives...do You Remember?

"Quite often the veil between fate and coincidence is little more than a faint, gray haze regarding the respective definitions." - James Redfield, from an interview in 1997 about his best seller "Celestine Prophecy"

I've found that to be true about many of the various "labels" we use to describe our religious and spiritual definitions as well. Which of course, is why many here understand my need to put labels on the shelf and talk directly about our Faith and Beliefs from our hearts. While some folks adhere to the line of thought that there are not enough words in a Webster's Unabridged to describe the deities or "God" they follow, others feel that two simple words; "I AM", sums it up quite nicely.

Of course, I'm sure you knew I was only kidding about my comment above (being the Viking in your vision) but I find the parallel person you described fascinating. Things like the birthdays are actually quite common...

My ex's Mom's b-day is the same as my parents anniversary and recently deceased brother in law's birthday date, Jan. 28.

In I was a (day before - Sat. Jun. 16,) Father's Day present to my Dad and his b-day Dec 13, was also celebrated by my brother's arrival on Dec. 11 in 1946....to wit Kay's step-dad and sister share Dec. 12...which was my aunt's b-day as well. My sister, ex's sister and 3 other people I've met all share Jul. 2 as a b-day.

When Kay was suffering her first "down time" before her back surgery, a total stranger walked into her life and became her life saving "Angel of Mercy" only to find out they both share Nov. 1 as a b-day...1954 for Kay and Sue's is 1956, my year. Kay's aunt is Oct. 31 and both her nephew's were born on that day. I've known 4 people, including my daughter's half brother who share Dec. 31 and my little Sweetie was born on her godfather's b-day Apr. 16...his being "god father" was asked and accepted several months before her birth.

Naturally, Numerologists have a field day with this sort of stuff and my focus of runology delves into many close aspects with numbers and the meanings associated therein. So is "fate", "destiny" or "coincidence" all the same thing?...... :dntknw: .....all I do know is if a person should so desire to see patterns and associations in just about anything, those things will be there. And frankly I find that in and of itself quite an interesting aspect of human interaction and the things we each find of personal interest.

At my Initiation Rite at Woodhaven, the Yrmin-Drightened asked this: "Of all the conceivable things in the Multi-verse, what are some of the things that do not have to do with the runes?"....after a brief pause and my failing to come up with an answer, he pipes up with "Trick question! There is nothing that is not related to the runes!" And in my journey since that long ago spring day at a small compound not far from the equator of the planet 'Texas' ( :rofl: ) I've discovered there is really nothing that does not apply to fate, destiny, coincidence, runes, Tarot, numerology or basically Life in General that we do not find similarities and parallel paths....after all...."some peeples calls it Kaizer blade, but I calls it a sling blade, umm hmm!"* and/or "It's alive! It's ALIVE!!"**

Blessings of Peace,

* Courtesy of 'Karl' - "Sling Blade" -1996

** Courtesy of 'Victor' - "Young Frankenstein"-1974

Edited by Atwater Vitki

I agree with you Al. Often these connections turn up for some, hardly any for others, though they are looking--why not? Somehow I feel it does have to do with some kind of predestined map or connection. It is said, which I also believe that we reincarnate in "soul groups"--not randomly. Some souls are perhaps closer to us because of this,--thus we recognize the "signs" regarding the connections.This would make some sense of the idea of connection for me. Like in NLP- there is the map and there is the territory. Taking a snapshot in time--and standing back and seeing it within its total context gives us more insight.

Perhaps those numerologic connections are also simply pointers--as within all, including numbers have specific vibrations. I do believe --as in the runes and other methods of divination the messages are there for all to read, who is willing--it isn`t predicting the future nothing to do with that at all--it is reading the map. All exists in one "eternal moment" within one "cosmic consciousness". There is no past, present or future. That for me is the "grand secret"--or maybe all is a "grand illusion"

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also a firm believer in past lives. Reincarnation is one of the "articles of faith" of the Sanatana Veda Dharma the true name of my religion.

When I was 14 years of age, I started to practice Hatha Yoga. My knowledge of religion was very limited, It was abot this time that my father bought an encyclopedia, and I started to read from it. I was reading in the ecyclopedia an article on Hinduism when I read the name "Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa". Immediately I knew that name. To this day I have never been to India. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa (1836-1886) was a Brahmin Priest and a great Guru. He had been a priest at the Kali Temle in Dakshineshwar. So I knew I had not met Him in this life, but I knew the man.

Some years later I found a biography of Sri Ramakrishna that had a picture of the Guru... Yes!...I knew him. When I read His biography I knew that I had met Him, and it only could have been in a past life. His picture has been with me always. It was not until some 25 years ago that I was writing something that came to my mind: it was my relationship with Sri Ramakrishna. I have lost that notebook, but I remember what I wrote.

I was also a Brahmin priest in the same temmple compound, but I was not one of His close companions. I was one of the lesser priests, but whenever I could get away I would sit in the back of His room and listen to His teachings. We never had an intimate conversation, but He did look at me once. Soon after that He was taken from the temple compound due to His illnes (cancer in the throat). I never saw Him again after He left the temple compound. But His universalist teachings had found sacred ground in my heart. I have always been an universalist with a touch of Vedic Hinduism.

I have always considered Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa to be my true spiritual master. When things do not go right, I feel that He touches me from another dimension and guides my thoughts and actions. As I write these words, I can feel the presence of the Great Master.

I have had other experiences of past lives as a Spanish Franciscan Monk, and being initated in the Mysteries in at Delphi. But it is the incarnation close to Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa which is closest to my heart.

Hermano Luis

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a few, all through my own journies and vision quests and dreams.

one was a Japanese Samurai. I get the sense that no one had yet to beat him in the ring of honor, up until his death. He was in a war, a very bloody battle. He was leading his men against some rabble, when he was killed by a stray arrow to the neck. what gets me is that I know he had two brothers, also Samurai, who died that day as well, and when I looked into my own physical younger brothers, I saw those other two Samurai. Weird.

Another was a Druid in ancient Ireland. I could tell because he wore the White Robes of a Druid. Some men attacked his village, and while the defenders defended them, he tended to an ill man. One of the bandits had slipped the line and tried to attack him and the sick man. He, or I, I suppose, killed the bandit with the dirk I had, but not before taking a fatal wound to the gut. But because of my sacrifice, the sick man got well, and told stories to his children of the Druid that made them possible.

And that's just a couple. Really creepy at first, but now, I look forward to having another past life revealed to me.

Voodoo Doctor remembers being something akin to a "simbi" in a primordial garden world. A simbi is a nature spirit that likes water and trees and has snakelike or reptilian qualities. In this memory, Doctor Griffin generally appeared as a normal human, but could shift into a snake-like humanoid, and maybe even fully into a large snake (or dragon?). In Voodoo there is a Papa Simbi who is one of the loa (loa are sometimes called Voodoo "gods"), and he is Doctor Griffin's patron. Doctor Griffin was a simbi who lived alone in the wild, but he remembers that there were freshwater rivers, ancient cities of white marble, and an ocean and a harbor full of ships nearby. In the harbor was a tall lighthouse. He remembers a sky full of stars. All was pristine. He also remembers being a welcome guest at a palace or temple in the sky or clouds, as if he were an advisor or visiting dignitary of some sort. There were plenty of handsome young men (and women) wearing short robes or tunics of different colors. He doesn't remember seeing anyone old, sick, or infirm, and there were no children (everyone seemed to be in their late teens to maybe thirty). It was a world full of magic, but aparently no high technology. That is pretty much all Doctor Griffin remembers, all of his other memories are from this lifetime.

Edited by Voodoo Doctor

I've been reading along...... Having related my experience in another topic, I won't repeat myself, but simply state that believe I have shared many life-times with my wife (we've killed each other several times)... Only Forgiveness or Atonement can erase a Karmic debt.

Edited by Songster

~ I have few memories of lives past lived. They were simple.

I was very proud to be elevated to a higher pool to wash, white marble needs cleaning.

I was a turnip farmer with a wife & 5 children & the Lord rode past.

Frank Sinatra killed me.

I have vivid memories of dying. Dying is unpleasant. The 'unravelling' is icky. Seriously.

Now you're all gonna consider me crazy...

That's fine.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but Elemental.

I was once Fire.

Commanded Fire because I needed to. My 'sister' stole my crown.

It was bad. It's a shame I still feel though I don't know from when or where.

... Silly thing? I bought myself a tiara & it soothes me.

& what we fought over was wood!

The damage was horrid.

I know, I'm not making much sense, I apologise.

~ I have few memories of lives past lived. They were simple.

I was very proud to be elevated to a higher pool to wash, white marble needs cleaning.

I was a turnip farmer with a wife & 5 children & the Lord rode past.

Frank Sinatra killed me.

I have vivid memories of dying. Dying is unpleasant. The 'unravelling' is icky. Seriously.

Now you're all gonna consider me crazy...

That's fine.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but Elemental.

I was once Fire.

Commanded Fire because I needed to. My 'sister' stole my crown.

It was bad. It's a shame I still feel though I don't know from when or where.

... Silly thing? I bought myself a tiara & it soothes me.

& what we fought over was wood!

The damage was horrid.

I know, I'm not making much sense, I apologise.

How old was Frank Sinatra when he is said to have killed you, and what is the difference in your ages? This one seems a little improbable if re-incarnation is a linear process, which it may not be and there might be various yous running around simulateously in some models of it

it may not be and there might be various yous running around simulateously in some models of it

To me this is the most probable explanation of most of these things. Parallel universes are becoming a more and more accepted version of reality even by the theoretical physicists. --Actually what made me originally eons ago :derisive: interested about re-incarnation--even Seth, was a little book, "The education of over-soul Seven" by Jane Roberts, that went into this.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

To me this is the most probable explanation of most of these things. Parallel universes are becoming a more and more accepted version of reality even by the theoretical physicists. --Actually what made me originally eons ago :derisive: interested about re-incarnation--even Seth, was a little book, "The education of over-soul Seven" by Jane Roberts, that went into this.

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

Yes I have read almost all of Jane Roberts works. If I'm not mistaken I think she had two books with "over-soul seven" in the title and I read one of them but not 100% sure it is the one you listed.

~ I do apologize for that... I could be sooo wrong.

I do know that I have a distinct aversion to Frank Sinatra's music & movies, pink taffeta & callas, grand pianos & cliffs above the sea.

The me now was born in 1960. The me then was, I don't know, 15? He was skinny & pissed-off because I said/did something.

It's probably just something that never happened. Y'know, pieces of movies, dreams & what-not... Sorry I mentioned it :(

I apologize.

• 2 weeks later...

The Celts tended to believe in an afterlife in Annwvyn (the "not"-world or Otherworld) and reincarnation was not a common occurence. When it did happen, it appears that reincarnations recurred in the same tribe or bloodline. I do have a memory of a previous incarnation where I was a wizard or Druid living in a small cottage near the sea (in Britain, after Christianity came but before it was dominant). Nothing specific just a few glimpses. Looking at miscellaneous objects and bottles on shelves. Being visited by friendly villagers bringing a basket of food, sometimes asking for a little supernatural guidance. One memory is of being summoned to an old stone fort by finely dressed riders on horseback. Anyway, I sometimes wonder if I am my own ancestor. Perhaps a great, great, great, etc, uncle since I do not remember having any children of my own. I think I was gay in that lifetime too. I do vaguely remember having a younger male companion living with me to whom I was very close. Anyway, whether these were actual memories or meditation inspired daydreams I will not argue, but they seemed real to me :) .

Edited by Gwydion

~ I do apologize for that... I could be sooo wrong.

I do know that I have a distinct aversion to Frank Sinatra's music & movies, pink taffeta & callas, grand pianos & cliffs above the sea.

The me now was born in 1960. The me then was, I don't know, 15? He was skinny & pissed-off because I said/did something.

It's probably just something that never happened. Y'know, pieces of movies, dreams & what-not... Sorry I mentioned it :(

I apologize.

No need to apologize. Frank was born in the early 1900's so it is still possible linearally speaking that somewhere between then and 1960 that you two met and had a negative experience in one of your previous lives.

Or you may know him from even earlier lives as a tottaly different incarnation and have had encounters as well.

~ Yaaa... I don't know. I just remember that dying.

It's all emotional & images & what-not, y'know?

Linda & I were married, I was male & we had lots of children, don't remember dying that time. We both remember that. Not much in common this time.

{ It's difficult to find people that remember a past life with you. { At least for me... But then I shut down myself at 15, too too much! }

My husband.

I've always gotten a feeling he's a new soul. Would that be possible with reincarnation?

Was there a pre-set amount of sparks discharged to go forth & record the existence experiences of lizards & birds & cats & humans,

or is there are a periodic spurt of a non-scarred souls to compare a base-line with?

Because seriously, he's the clearest I ever met, this life pain, no other.

• Amulet locked this topic