What Is It All About?

Zequatanil

Why is it that man`s spirit is so fickle?

In my life there has been so many people, events, stuff "in-and-out" of my life. Things I held more dear than life itself, swore eternal faithfulness, would have given my life for the person or situation, yet looking back I have totally lost them. Held ideas, philosophies and beliefs with passion, yet now I feel guilty, sad and remorse of whom I have become and all that I forgotten. Made promises I coudn`t keep, betrayed loved and followed mirages.

Was it all for nothing? Yes, the wise will say--you have learnt from it, the intelligent will say, you have become more wise, the spiritual will say, it is the path to the Divine, the religious will say, it is the price of sin, the atheist will say, it is life, the ignorant will say, it was of no use and I say --as in the movie "what is it all about Alfie"--for no matter from whichever way I look at it on some days it makes absolutely no sense at all.

blessings,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal

"For every runner, there are hurdles....you can make the choice to sit idly by and watch others run...or you can jump in the race!" (paraphrased-from the movie [don't have a clue the title] about the young girl becoming an Olympic runner- I only saw a very short piece of it)

It's those that take the easy path that sit and watch. It is those with courage, fortitude, moxie and strength that make the decision to run with their experiences. Every heartbreak you mentioned on the various paths of each individual are valid whether spiritual, Divine, religious, atheist or ignorant. However, it's your choice whether you bring valid experiences or nothing back to The Collective Consciousness/"God" when your time is over here on this Earth.....and quite frankly, I'd be a bit embarrassed, actually fearful, offering nothing at the feet of the Creator!

Somehow I think your exchange in "Challenge" with Scott might be explored a bit more. Perhaps that is what got you thinking along the lines here?

Blessings of Peace,

(Yep, Challenge is a link!)

I looked into my User's Manual for the Life of Brother Kaman, model 1947 and I could not find anywhere that said that my life was to be happy, safe, fair or make sense. I know we are all individuals so maybe someone out there has a user manual for their life that is more useful. I do know that my life and beliefs have changed over and over again as I learned new things and ideas. I have no remorse regarding things I once held dear and I hold to the proposition that everything in life must grow (physically, mentally, spiritually) or stagnate and die. Right now, I prefer the growth.

Edited by Brother Kaman

~ If you didn't have remorse, shame, regrets... you wouldn't have a conscience. That would be the bad thing.

If you hadn't learned, changed, adapted, you wouldn't have had will. That would be the sad thing.

You have experienced life wtih all the damage & joy it affords, maybe more, maybe less.

Is any one person's experiences more vital than anothers? I couldn't guess.

Existence for each is as it is...

Quetzal,

I came back, after all of this time, because of an idea I couldn't let go of.

There are times when I feel surrounded by those that won't accept my thoughts or notions, and how they react sometimes puts me on the defensive. It's a challenge to keep my chin high, and the challenge is greater still to keep from cutting down the voices of open dismissal. There isn't a day, or a

discussion that goes by, where I don't find myself shutting my eyes after; I meditate and chant from the Chalisa, but only because I question myself. I question whether or not I'm strong enough to keep doing what I'm doing, or whether or not my message of Hope will be heard.

Quetzal, I think the two of us have similar doubts, or at the most, are sensitive in many of the same ways. If you're having difficulty because of how I responded to your input in 'challenge', please forgive me; understand that no harm was intended. I offer the same love to you that I offer to everybody, and it would please me, should you gain some measure of strength from that.

"With the dust of Guru's Lotus feet, I clean the mirror of my mind and then narrate the sacred glory of Sri Ram Chandra, The Supreme among the Raghu dynasty. You are the giver of the four attainments of life."

Edited by scott_edward

Quetzal,

Quetzal, I think the two of us have similar doubts, or at the most, are sensitive in many of the same ways. If you're having difficulty because of how I responded to your input in 'challenge', please forgive me; understand that no harm was intended. I offer the same love to you that I offer to everybody, and it would please me, should you gain some measure of strength from that.

"With the dust of Guru's Lotus feet, I clean the mirror of my mind and then narrate the sacred glory of Sri Ram Chandra, The Supreme among the Raghu dynasty. You are the giver of the four attainments of life."

Truly Scott there is nothing to apologize for--I honestly from my heart appreciate your insights. It is by seeing different views that we may have a glimpse of `our truth`--Yes--there is a `Universal truth` but I doubt that we know what that is--we simply call it `GOD the GODS` and numerous variations of that one that we really have no human concept of--as I have said we are all `right` providing we truly believe it. No right/wrong way--that is why no matter what no one can be offended by any one belief or concept. We each have our compass or guide of various sorts--it all depends on the depth of that faith. There are many roads to Rome.

"Call me what you will, imagine me as you want, describe me as you like, imagine me as NOTHING or as ALL--however no human concept can comprehend who or what I AM--so call me what you will all is just as acceptable"--the Blessed Mother.

I would tend to think that this above statement dosn`t simply apply to the names of `GOD/GODS` but to all the other manifestations and actions of `GOD/GODS`.

blessings and light,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal

So much or life seems like a late-night infomercial convincing us that there is this secret ingredient to life and that if we just pay $19.95 and waith 7-10 days for delivery we'll have nothing but days of happiness and satisfaction ahead. Against our better judgment, we jump in...and then comes the buyer's remorse when what we get is not what we were sold. Turns out a food dehydrator is just a food dehydrator and not the ticket to easy street and fine dining we were promised. Like others have said here in so many words, the problem is that our expectations for life are not properly alligned with what life has to offer....or as the great Lynn Anderson put it...

;)

The problem with diamonds in the rough is that it takes a lot of sifting through the rough to get to those dern diamonds. That's also what makes them so precious.

Edited by Rev'd Rattlesnake

Why is it that man`s spirit is so fickle?

In my life there has been so many people, events, stuff "in-and-out" of my life. Things I held more dear than life itself, swore eternal faithfulness, would have given my life for the person or situation, yet looking back I have totally lost them. Held ideas, philosophies and beliefs with passion, yet now I feel guilty, sad and remorse of whom I have become and all that I forgotten. Made promises I coudn`t keep, betrayed loved and followed mirages.

Was it all for nothing? Yes, the wise will say--you have learnt from it, the intelligent will say, you have become more wise, the spiritual will say, it is the path to the Divine, the religious will say, it is the price of sin, the atheist will say, it is life, the ignorant will say, it was of no use and I say --as in the movie "what is it all about Alfie"--for no matter from whichever way I look at it on some days it makes absolutely no sense at all.

blessings,

Suzanne

to me it is simple growth

once our stuffed animal (doll, blanket, pacifier, bottle, etc..) was our most cherished possession, but as we went from crawling to walking to running importance changed

As we went into the world, school church, visits to the homes of others, vacations... we learned not all places were like our homes, not all people were like our family

the older we get the more we should change, when mentally and physically able we should get up off the floor and walk, not wallow on our backs taking int he same view forever

Childhood friends, puppy loves, play ground bullies are all left behind as our world opens up, as we age and learn and grow away from our childhood selves

The often turbulent teen years give rise to rebellion, rejection of childhood beliefs and leaps into the the unknown of sudo-adulthood in those years when we think we are grownups and are dismissive of our parents ways, it is often the only way we can break out on our own. Some when faced head on with real adult issues fly right back to the comforts of those idealistic views from childhood, others stretch out beyond in search for themselves, but we usually stop needing to rebel at some point.

Life speeds by as we just go about our days and we find years slip away, people and ideas gone with the fluttering pages of old calendars replaced by new thoughts we have gathered along the way.

No life is not stagnant it is fluid and even when we are deeply hurt, it passes, we take memories along and keep going until our time is done. We see others and think "Oh how can they go on, after _______ happened to them, but that is life, it simply carries you on micro seconds at a time which rapidly turn into decades.

It isn't for nothing, nor is it for something, it just is life.

"For every runner, there are hurdles....you can make the choice to sit idly by and watch others run...or you can jump in the race!" (paraphrased-from the movie [don't have a clue the title] about the young girl becoming an Olympic runner- I only saw a very short piece of it)

It's those that take the easy path that sit and watch. It is those with courage, fortitude, moxie and strength that make the decision to run with their experiences. Every heartbreak you mentioned on the various paths of each individual are valid whether spiritual, Divine, religious, atheist or ignorant. However, it's your choice whether you bring valid experiences or nothing back to The Collective Consciousness/"God" when your time is over here on this Earth.....and quite frankly, I'd be a bit embarrassed, actually fearful, offering nothing at the feet of the Creator!

Somehow I think your exchange in "Challenge" with Scott might be explored a bit more. Perhaps that is what got you thinking along the lines here?

Blessings of Peace,

(Yep, Challenge is a link!)

Even a sense of futility and hopelessness is something. I don't think it is possible to go back with "nothing." :)

Even a sense of futility and hopelessness is something. I don't think it is possible to go back with "nothing." :)

to me it is simple growth.....Life speeds by as we just go about our days and we find years slip away, people and ideas gone with the fluttering pages of old calendars replaced by new thoughts we have gathered along the way.....it simply carries you on micro seconds at a time which rapidly turn into decades.....It isn't for nothing, nor is it for something, it just is life.

...and the true Sages step in!

I asked Kay to read this topic, and the ensuing posts, and then we discussed this issue. One of the biggest, no, the HUGEST, thing for Kay and I to overcome in life has come since the accident that took so much from us. Active, busy, hardworking, outgoing, involved lives that came to a screeching halt. To us, there was nothing short of a 50-60 hour work week, play hard weekends and an additional many hours per week involved in our community. Since our daily "routine" of being on the go and every day being an adventure was ended for us, we forget...due to our emotions and fears... just how much we had already done in this Life and maybe being on the kaputz now isn't so bad or as "worthless" as it feels sometimes.

We enjoyed being productive in our personal endeavors and involved in our community and now we physically "can't" any more. Oh we do the best we can with what we have and 'dabble' in things, but it seems so trivial compared to days of the past. We can certainly identify with Quetzal in the opening post, and all the responses, but then the little reminders from Crzyme and Jonathan sure hit home in summary.

Thank you!

Everyone's contribution here has helped a couple of bizzy bee's, turned old dogs (way before their time from our perspective) see things just a bit different. Appreciate it! I hope Suzanne got as much from it as we did and look forward to hearing more!

Blessings of Peace,

Well, day by day -- one foot in front of the other. It's not deep wisdom. It's all there is. At least, all I have. It would be nice if things made sense. They don't; but it would be nice. :)

I noticed one day that my cat was happy. What had he done with his life? What mark had he made in the world? He was happy. Maybe this is enough. :)

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Well, day by day -- one foot in front of the other. It's not deep wisdom. It's all there is. At least, all I have. It would be nice if things made sense. They don't; but it would be nice. :)

I noticed one day that my cat was happy. What had he done with his life? What mark had he made in the world? He was happy. Maybe this is enough. :)

That is interesting. Perhaps my cat in more inscrutable or maybe it is because she is an outdoor cat. I cannot tell if she is happy or not. She must be content because she is still here morning after morning.

...and the true Sages step in!

I asked Kay to read this topic, and the ensuing posts, and then we discussed this issue. One of the biggest, no, the HUGEST, thing for Kay and I to overcome in life has come since the accident that took so much from us. Active, busy, hardworking, outgoing, involved lives that came to a screeching halt. To us, there was nothing short of a 50-60 hour work week, play hard weekends and an additional many hours per week involved in our community. Since our daily "routine" of being on the go and every day being an adventure was ended for us, we forget...due to our emotions and fears... just how much we had already done in this Life and maybe being on the kaputz now isn't so bad or as "worthless" as it feels sometimes.

We enjoyed being productive in our personal endeavors and involved in our community and now we physically "can't" any more. Oh we do the best we can with what we have and 'dabble' in things, but it seems so trivial compared to days of the past. We can certainly identify with Quetzal in the opening post, and all the responses, but then the little reminders from Crzyme and Jonathan sure hit home in summary.

Thank you!

Everyone's contribution here has helped a couple of bizzy bee's, turned old dogs (way before their time from our perspective) see things just a bit different. Appreciate it! I hope Suzanne got as much from it as we did and look forward to hearing more!

Blessings of Peace,

Well., the truth of the matter of life is that it is fluid. It's like Sinatra`s song"Cycles"--I'm not exactly happy with this philosophy as I hate change.This what probably prompted my post. I think , or hope everything is to be forever--well as far as possible, especially when it comes to human connections. But as the Chinese say "nothing is permanent but change" sadly. Though I am often told -and as Crzyme pointed out it is good and the natural progression of life. But it is hard, especially for likes like me.--and for Kay and yourself. When we lose people that we loved, or they no longer love us or things we used to do we are no longer able to do is a tough situation. The thing stare us in the face telling us that we are not as we used to be and nothing will ever be the same. That sucks big time to borrow a teenage term to date--but it does.

Here is some hope for all of us--my mom and I were involved in an accident 2 years past August--she broke 2 vertebra and was in a metal cast for over 3 months. Prior to the accident at age 83 she started painting--she always has been an artistic person. She did stain glass, embroidery and such things--never ever painted before. Mind you she has good genes, she looks much younger than she is and has always followed a very healthy lifestyle, She has no medical problems apart from a little blood pressure--she looks great as you will see in her picture. A long story short--she picked up the brush 4 years ago and has never put it down since--she has at least 200 oil paintings to date--tomorrow she is opening a major exhibition here in Toronto in one of the most re-known international galleries, with an opening party on Thursday :derisive: So--Kay, Al there is major hope for all of us if we find our mission which is why we are here and it can be evident even at age 83 :derisive: she was 87 past June. It is all in the mind!--think it and it will be so!

--"change the way you look at things, the things you look at change", great philosophy of Wayne Dyer.

Here is my mom`s website, please have a look--hope you like it!

http://rohninspiration.weebly.com/

also under- Katalin Rohn

http://www.artiststo...stsToronto.html

blessings and love,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal

What an amazing story...and talented mother. Her works are beautiful. I especially loved 'Solitude' and 'Healing Waters'. This has made my morning! Thanks so much Q for sharing this. God bless her exhibition.

Thank you Scott and Rev` rattlesnake!--appreciated, God bless.

love and light to you,

Suzanne

• Amulet locked this topic