Hurricane Sandy

I'm in Baltimore and the winds are picking up fairly strong now as we head into the teeth of the storm this evening. Already damage and power outages in places and only gonna get worse. It started raining yesterday and It's a little nerve racking to think it is going to be like this for two days.

Upstate NY, the cold nor'easter is starting to blow like a freight train. I can see the outer bands sweeping over the Adirondacks as Sandy absorbs this system. It's awe-inspiring to think the main body of the storm is still hundreds of miles off. Stay safe, folks. Be especially wary of the danger of high winds if you take the kids out this Halloween.

I doubt there will be any halloween around here we have alot power outages allready with gust averaging 55 mph but they expect gust upto 90 mph by our next high tide thats when the power will go out in many many more places. I still have power for how long I dont know ill just pray we dont loose it or if we do not for long.

My darn camera broke down so I'm afraid I couldn't catch it, and honestly I don't think I could have done it justice anyway, but this storm just brought us the most amazing rainbow I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen quite a few...

Through the bay windows here at my desk it suddenly appears in the middle of the valley not a thousand feet from here. I run outside and see it filling out, climbing up to heavens, and as I turn the corner of the house the whole thing is stretched out before me in a full, unbroken bridge, with the sun behind me through a small break in the clouds. And it keeps growing in intensity until I can't see the trees or the mountains that were behind it at all.

And two minutes later it was completely gone...

Man, now I know what that guy in

was going on about. It's as if for one short moment the door was open. I tried to find something online that compared, and this one's coming from about the same solar angle... the one I saw was foggier with a single, much wider bow, and even brighter (I had to shade my eyes, if you can imagine that!) across the full spectrum and entire arc, but this is close...

My God, to see something so extraordinarily perfect in the middle of all the destruction was just too beautiful for words, but I had to share it with y'all anyway. If you've ever had that deep spiritual experience you know what I mean. It was just a brief reminder of an incomprehensible glory. The shadow has descended on the valley once more, but I know the light is still out there.

Merry Samhain

I know at least a few of our regulars here live in areas affected by this whopper of a storm.

To everyone that has been hit by hurricane Sandy our hearts and prayers go out to each and every one.

May you be safe, secure and get through this disaster well.

Blessings of Peace,

Al & Kay

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121029/US.Superstorm.Sandy/?cid=hero_media

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121029/US.Superstorm.NYC/

• Well I lost power monda when the storm hit CT but it just came back on at 11:30 am but everything in the refridgerator is spoiled power was out fo too long oh well it could have been worse and it still is for may more folks out there will pray for them all.

• Amulet locked this topic