Pagan Origin Of Christmas

Christmas was a Christian holiday originated from a pagan winter festival called Yule or Yuletide. This feast was been initially celebrated by the Early Europeans, though the rituals and practices was later absorbed by Christians. The pagan pratices and symbols include: gift-giving and merrymaking from Roman Saturnalia; Yule logs and feast foods from Germanic and Norse Feasts; and Christmas trees and Santa Claus from Ancient Babylonian Festival. The said holiday was originally celebrated from late December to early January. In 350 A.D., Pope Julius I decreed that from the time forth the December 25 would be acknowledged as the date of the the birth of the Messiah.

In this video, you will discover What is the TRUE ORIGIN of Christmas? And Where did it come from?

Origin of Christmas

Feel free to response or leave your comment. I am looking forward to read different views about this specific holiday!

((Ooops... I had put this on wrong category I guess, it must be on Holidays and such..))

Edited by nealocampo
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I dont celebrate Christmas because I choose to stay away and not to practice man made rituals and holidays. I do not follow doctrines, dogmas, rules, regulations, rites, commentaries, teachings and studies formed by man . While we cannot deny that "some" of them have amazing information from the ancestors, sages, wise men, Church fathers who were doing their best to try to understand the Truth, it is not the Word of God, I believe; they are merely man's opinions. And God warned us against them!

~ It's dark & gloomy 'round the Winter Solstice...

Evergreens & lights & gathering to celebrate we're heading towards Spring & non-frozen tootsies, not a bad thing! :biggrinthumb::drinks:

Personally, never been Christian but always love little twinkly lights & enjoy the colors of the festival midst Winter...

Ya, it's commercialized. { Try to avoid most of that, make gifts & such.}

... I work at Walmart & the inflated snowmen invaded the garden center last month! :rolleyes:

One big squished-together retail Palooza, Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas-Summer Clearance :lol:

Halloween, Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving are just Christian versions of Pagan Samhain, Ishtar, Yule and Mabon. Christianism, even though they bash and criticize the pagan wiccans, also has Pagan practices which really originated from the ancients. Unknown to them, they are also doing what the Wiccans, Druids and Traditional Witches do every year! They only have renewed ones.

Now, if you will tell this to some conservative Christian followers they might say,... " Ahaa, oh are you sure? if then.. why dont we know this?" Well, of course, the early Roman Catholic Church did everything in its authority to prevent the truth from coming out. It systematically and mercilessly burned and destroyed all teachings and literature of pagan origin including the Gnostic gospels.

Isn't this the same attitude some Christians still have today like your parents, criticizing all beliefs that are different from or opposed to their own dogmas? So nothing has changed. Except that now that some people is willing to accept everything the Church dishes out. This does not minimize the reputation of Christ, I reckon.

I am not saying these to attack the Christians, I am just sharing what I believe.

Thankfully this year Winter Solstice and the "end of the world as we know it" fall on the 21st of Deke Embre...oh yeah and the Mayans ran out of room on their stone calendar... :unsure: ....whew! Gonna be interesting to see how this effects the marketing plans of the Chinese manufacturers of all those Western influenced trinkets and baubles. Oh and one other tell-tale sign it's really the end of it all....as I checked my ritual stores, I'm down to my last white candle for Solstice Ritual.....signs and portends....signs and portends. :derisive:

Sure am glad the Shriner's already sent me my 2013 calendar for my annual donation....guess they have faith in things to come.

:llol:

But on a serious ♪.....

Thanks for the write-up and ref videos on the origins of Christmas, Neal. Welcome aboard...glad to have new input around here!

Blessings of Peace,

Halloween, Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving are just Christian versions of Pagan Samhain, Ishtar, Yule and Mabon. Christianism......

I am not saying these to attack the Christians, I am just sharing what I believe.

As for Thanksgiving, first let it be stated that virtually every culture has had one or more harvest festivals. Second, there is cause to believe - although not enough to definitively state - that the Pilgrims modelled that first Thanksgiving, not on the Harvest Home festival then popular in England because they perceived pagan origins to it, but rather on the Jewish festival of Sukkot.

On another note, there is one particular religious group - which shall remain nameless - that believes its brand of faith is the only one that represents the true tradition and teachings of Jesus and the Bible. For that reason, to distinguish themselves from everything else which they see as apostate, they refer to their faith as Christianity and everything else as Christendom.

I would hope that you are not engaged in the same kind of word play with your use of the term "Christianism."

Edited by RabbiO

It is a little early for Christmas humor. Still, as long as the subject has come up -- a comparison of Santa and Satan.

1. Santa and Satan are both acronyms of each other.

2. Santa is St. Nick. Satan is Old Nick.

3. Both are commonly depicted as wearing red, with black boots.

4. Both corrupt the hearts of the innocent with promisses of material goods.

Clearly, Santa and Satan are the same person. :D

Halloween, Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving are just Christian versions of Pagan Samhain, Ishtar, Yule and Mabon. Christianism, .

Despite being a Christian, I fundamentally agree with Halloween, Easter, and Christmas originating from Pagan roots. Ishtar especially bothers me, I believe the KJV bible incorrectly translated Passover as Easter (Ishtar). In Acts 12:4, the Greek word "pascha" is Passover. this word (pascha) appears twenty-nine times in the new testament, and twenty-eight of those times the word is rendered "Passover". The NIV corrected the error. The actual birth of Christ was actually between Sept 24 and 29th, although Yeshua was conceived on Dec 25th. JMO

Personally, I look at these holidays as part of the uniquely Gregorian heritage Christians have. In sending Saint Augustine of Canterbury to England to convert the pagans there, Pope Gregory the Great showed. imho, a very progressive and tolerant attitude in converting the peoples. Rather than destroy the old ways entirely, he wanted to reform them, keep what was good, and incorporate them into the new Christian lives of the converts. He said, "Do not destroy pagan temples, but convert them to Christian use so that the people will feel more comfortable coming there...If the people insist on sacrificing an animal, let them do it – just so long as they sacrifice it to God.” I see this as a very forward thinking idea for his time. Thus, following that format, the meaning of Easter is changed to the day celebrating Our Lord's glorious Resurrection, Saturnalia becomes Christmas, Samhain becomes All Hallow's Eve, and on and on. Christmas trees become symbols of the trinity. Easter eggs become symbolic of the new life washed in the blood of Christ. Perhaps for the purist, these days are tainted by a heathen past. But for me, Resurrection Sunday points to the same event whether its called Easter or Pascha. Either way, Jesus opened the door to eternal life for all. Does the miracle of the incarnation of God in the flesh of a little palestinian Jewish baby somehow get diminished because Christians celebrate it on December 25 rather than April 17 (the day the Discovery Channel reported as Jesus' actual birthday)? Either way the good tidings announced by angels is still for all people. To me the heart of Christianity has very little to do with getting the church calendar right and everything to do with sharing the love of Christ. If that means meeting people halfway so that they can feel comfortable, then so be it.

Besides, the sordid pedigree of Christian holidays is a great reminder of what Christianity is all about. Christians, like these holidays, never started out as Christian, we all started out as something else--pagans, heathens, unbelievers--but were converted to Christ. He didn't destroy the old us but cleansed us, transformed us, set us apart, and made us holy. The church has done the same with these days. That's why they're Holy Days (holidays).

Edited by Rev'd Rattlesnake
Thankfully this year Winter Solstice and the "end of the world as we know it" fall on the 21st of Deke Embre...oh yeah and the Mayans ran out of room on their stone calendar... :unsure:

Well as far as Mayan Propehcy goes, I dont believe on it either but I beleive that there is growing awareness that we all belong to this one planet. If this planetary consciousness accelerates, and the Mayan Prophecies really point towards that direction, then the message of the Mayan calendar is one of hope and a beginning of a new era, as we leave the destructive nature of the past.

....whew! Gonna be interesting to see how this effects the marketing plans of the Chinese manufacturers of all those Western influenced trinkets and baubles. Oh and one other tell-tale sign it's really the end of it all....as I checked my ritual stores, I'm down to my last white candle for Solstice Ritual.....signs and portends....signs and portends. :derisive:

:clown(1):

As for Thanksgiving, first let it be stated that virtually every culture has had one or more harvest festivals. Second, there is cause to believe - although not enough to definitively state - that the Pilgrims modelled that first Thanksgiving, not on the Harvest Home festival then popular in England because they perceived pagan origins to it, but rather on the Jewish festival of Sukkot.

Actually as far as I am concerned, Jews have three Harvest Festivals every year namely:

• Pesach (Harvest of Barley)
  • Shavuot (Harvest of Wheat)
  • Sukkot (Harvest of Fruits)

But when it comes to the American's Thanksgiving day, I am aware of the theory that it's origins may go back to the biblical Feast of Tabernacles. But I doubt it because they celebrate it in a non-kosher way.

On another note, there is one particular religious group - which shall remain nameless - that believes its brand of faith is the only one that represents the true tradition and teachings of Jesus and the Bible. For that reason, to distinguish themselves from everything else which they see as apostate, they refer to their faith as Christianity and everything else as Christendom.

I actually dislike when people proclaim that their BRAND/LABEL of faith is the ONLY ONE that represents the truth! Well, in my opinion, it didn't matter at all what religion/church/sect one follows and what one believes in. Sorry to say this, but I tend to believe that putting religious labels to yourself makes your mind imprison in a cell . Changing your religion is just like going out from one cell to another cell. You are still imprisoned!

So for me, if you really want to totally get out of the cell, then do not put any brand or labeled yourself anymore. Like me, I do not say that I am a Christian or I am a Jew. I am just a loving believer of Yeshua and a Keeper of His Word (Torah). This belief has freed me from religious fanaticism and dogmatism! I

It is a little early for Christmas humor. Still, as long as the subject has come up -- a comparison of Santa and Satan.

1. Santa and Satan are both acronyms of each other.

2. Santa is St. Nick. Satan is Old Nick.

3. Both are commonly depicted as wearing red, with black boots.

4. Both corrupt the hearts of the innocent with promisses of material goods.

Clearly, Santa and Satan are the same person. :D

Well according to the article I read way way back, Molech was the first version of modern Santa Claus. It was Canaanite Deity and history says that sacrificed children in ancient times were ritualistically placed on the hands of the idol of Molech same goes in modern times where parents let their children sit on Santa's lap.

*Creepy*

• Amulet locked this topic