The Craft Of The Wise & My Path

Kerailyn

"The Craft of the Wise" or simply "the Craft" refers to the healing methods, magickal systems, and way of life of those of the Old Ways. My preferred healing & magickal system is a combination of Wiccan Witchcraft, Kitchen witchcraft, Hoodoo, Power Doctoring, Native American Shamanism, Celtic Shamanism, Faerie Craft, Earth Magick, Huna, Astrology, Numerology, Dowsing & "White" Magick. I call this System of Magick "Backwoods Sorcery" (b/c I'm a Magician that lives in the boonies). My Way of Life combines Wicca, Shamanism, Druidry, Fairy Faith, Gnostic Christianity, Sacred Geometry, the Tarot, & Buddhist Teachings. I call this Way of Life "Philosophy of a Backwoods Sorcerer (PABS)". But hardly anybody will know what I am talking about when I say that...so I just say "Wicca". If you want to know more you can Personal Message me. Blessed Be )O(

Pagan Peace Maker,

Hail good folk! I've studied many of the craefts you've mentioned as well, though I freely admit I stick to more traditional Nordic Old Ways, being a Runic Vitki employs many similar elements of rite, ritual and Workings.

Glad to know there's someone else on board that at least knows how to properly keep a cauldron boiling! (j/k) :clown: (...well besides Fawzo, but the last time I thought the Newb Stew was a bit over boiled there me bucko.) :rofl:

In all seriousness, I look forward to learning more about your path PPM.

Blessings of Peace,

"The Craft of the Wise" or simply "the Craft" refers to the healing methods, magickal systems, and way of life of those of the Old Ways. My preferred healing & magickal system is a combination of Wiccan Witchcraft, Kitchen witchcraft, Hoodoo, Power Doctoring, Native American Shamanism, Celtic Shamanism, Faerie Craft, Earth Magick, Huna, Astrology, Numerology, Dowsing & "White" Magick. I call this System of Magick "Backwoods Sorcery" (b/c I'm a Magician that lives in the boonies). My Way of Life combines Wicca, Shamanism, Druidry, Fairy Faith, Gnostic Christianity, Sacred Geometry, the Tarot, & Buddhist Teachings. I call this Way of Life "Philosophy of a Backwoods Sorcerer (PABS)". But hardly anybody will know what I am talking about when I say that...so I just say "Wicca". If you want to know more you can Personal Message me. Blessed Be )O(

So what you are saying is that you pick and choose those parts of other paths that work for you and combine them into an eclectic personal belief?

Hi Pagan Peace Maker,

Welcome to the board. I also combine alot of different elements in my practice, and I use the umbrella term "classic" Witch to describe my path. I am a Celtic Pagan for the most part, but I freely employ various magickal and spiritual "technologies" to get the job done. I mix Witchcraft and ceremonial magic(k) with Celtic Mythology and folklore, Reiki, and spirit mediumship,among other things. Nice to see another Pagan (not meaning that I don't like those of you of other faiths ;) ), look forward to hearing from you :) .

Greetings and welcome to the ULC. I notice you said Fairy Faith. Do you think that the wee folks have their existence in a specific spectrum of the electromagnetic light spectrum?

Actually, I belief that the Fae live in a dimension called "the Otherworld" in a place called "Fae Forrest". They don't operate on "electromagnetic light"...they operate on Pixie Dust!! :biggrinthumb:

Greetings PPM,

I wrote a post a while back about a man I met who claimed he saw a gnome. It was very interesting. Have you ever had contact with the fair folk? If so, what was it like?

Merry Meet! I don't quite know if it was a Faerie or another spirit. But it was a ball of blue light. It was amazing!! I also see moving objects in the sky all the time that aren't stars, planes, or helicopters. UFOs? Idk...

Pagan Peace Maker,

Hail good folk! I've studied many of the craefts you've mentioned as well, though I freely admit I stick to more traditional Nordic Old Ways, being a Runic Vitki employs many similar elements of rite, ritual and Workings.

Glad to know there's someone else on board that at least knows how to properly keep a cauldron boiling! (j/k) :clown: (...well besides Fawzo, but the last time I thought the Newb Stew was a bit over boiled there me bucko.) :rofl:

In all seriousness, I look forward to learning more about your path PPM.

Blessings of Peace,

LOL! I'm glad to see you have a sense of humor. That made me smile :clown(1): Namaste'

So what you are saying is that you pick and choose those parts of other paths that work for you and combine them into an eclectic personal belief?

Yes :dirol: I even have names for them :harhar:

Hi Pagan Peace Maker,

Welcome to the board. I also combine alot of different elements in my practice, and I use the umbrella term "classic" Witch to describe my path. I am a Celtic Pagan for the most part, but I freely employ various magickal and spiritual "technologies" to get the job done. I mix Witchcraft and ceremonial magic(k) with Celtic Mythology and folklore, Reiki, and spirit mediumship,among other things. Nice to see another Pagan (not meaning that I don't like those of you of other faiths ;) ), look forward to hearing from you :) .

Merry Meet!

Interesting...I'm Celtic too. I practice "Backwoods Sorcery". Reiki is also part of my path...but more on the Shamanic side. I plan on posting a lot. Blessed Be )O(

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Meet!

Interesting...I'm Celtic too. I practice "Backwoods Sorcery". Reiki is also part of my path...but more on the Shamanic side. I plan on posting a lot. Blessed Be )O(

welcome!

one of my first experiences with reiki included shamanic drumming .. pretty.amazing. what I saw :) a little boy, four years old with a diagnosis of autism, turned to me, looked straight into my eyes and said "more", he had never uttered a word up until this point and seldom if ever made eye contact.. (I was working with an occupational therapist who happened to be a reiki master, a privlege to learn from someone so gifted :)

...I too tell people I am Wiccan when they ask for the same reasons as you, although I do not really identify completely with Wicca. It is, in my estimation, a substitute for Witchcraft, -in my instance, with origins in Druidry and Celtic traditions of Old England and Scotland. Welcome to ULC...Brightest Blessings

• 2 weeks later...

My heritage (Welsh/British and Irish) drew me to Celtic Wicca, basically Gardnerian blended with Celtic mythology and folklore. That is also why i studied Druidry. I imagine that if I were of Saxon descent I would have liked Seax Wica, or perhaps Stregheria if I were of Italian descent. If I were Nordic, I would have propably followed something like Asatru :paladin: .

I was briefly a member of AMORC in 1996 for about 9 mos. I ended up studying with the CR+C for over 5 years, to the end of the Ninth degree (I didn't submit the exam to go into the Tenth Degree, and let my membership lapse). CR+C, the Confraternity of the Rose Cross was the Rosicrucian order created during the split in AMORC in 1990. The Grandmasters of AMORC and the then Imperator (Gary Lee Stewart) mutually accused each other of wrong doing. The Imperator left and eventually continued his line of transmission through the CR+C which uses H.S. Lewis's original monographs, while Grandmaster Christian Bernard was chosen to be the new Imperator of AMORC which uses the updated/revised monographs. I don't take sides in what happened during the split; CR+C just was more to my personal taste.

Edited by Gwynn.ab.Lludd

Gwynn....first off, very glad to have you share your views, teachings and path. Very interesting.

I've studied a bit on the Rosicrucians as a whole, but know very little about various divisions and idealisms. I'm sure it is a lot like the Ásatrú Folk in that there are many variations of similar Beliefs. While I am firmly a Left Hand Path devotee, I subscribe to a very small sub-set the Ásatrú Folk practicing Runic Beliefs.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to interject, from your previous answer, that what lead you to your particular form of belief system was heritage and ancestral culture, yes? Our good Rev Rattler asked (post #15) why one path and not another as well as Bro. Kaman (#5) about combining different systems is why I bring it up. I'm not sure how your personal views connect to each, but perhaps your "blanket" or "umbrella" (main part) of your Belief is based on the CR+C while you incorporate the various rites and rituals of many similar conceptualizations of emulation, yes?

I think for many folks today the access to knowledge is what varies our personal views so much. I have basically spent my entire life looking for the similarities between both religious and secular Beliefs rather than the things that create separation, distortion and imbalance. Due to such things as the Internet, we now have the world at our fingertips and those who seek eventually find. Like the Rosicrucian Orders, many of Ásatrú Folk assemblies have branched off into various groups that adhere to specific aspects of the root belief, yet being the type of esoteric beliefs they are, allow for our individual interpretations.

This is what one of the many things this ULC Forum is all about....bringing so many various Beliefs to one place to discuss and exchange our individual perspectives and practices pertaining to our basic Spiritual Beliefs, regardless what they may be. I sincerely look forward to your sharing more about your particular path!

So, if you were to sum up a couple of the main differences between your individual practices, and those of most other CR+C's, what would you say those would be?

I really liked what you said in #17..."I don't take sides in what happened during the split; CR+C just was more to my personal taste." That is exactly how I feel about the initial split of my first rune-gild and the subsequent splintering of numerous groups since then. While I still very much believe, and adhere to, the original teachings of my Yrmin-Drighten, his inner-gild political views and rather radical personal perceptions are just a bit contrary to my own....though I firmly believe no one has a better grasp of ancient Nordic/Teutonic history and Workings than he.

Blessings of Peace,

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to interject, from your previous answer, that what lead you to your particular form of belief system was heritage and ancestral culture, yes? Our good Rev Rattler asked (post #15) why one path and not another as well as Bro. Kaman (#5) about combining different systems is why I bring it up. I'm not sure how your personal views connect to each, but perhaps your "blanket" or "umbrella" (main part) of your Belief is based on the CR+C while you incorporate the various rites and rituals of many similar conceptualizations of emulation, yes?

So, if you were to sum up a couple of the main differences between your individual practices, and those of most other CR+C's, what would you say those would be?,

Hi Atwater Vitki,

Being a Rosicrucian is like getting a "liberal arts" metaphysical education, while being a Celtic Witch is a something of a specalization. Rosicrucian teachings address a broad range of metaphysical subjects and practices. Since Rosicrucians believe that their teachings are universal truths or principles, they see elements of Rosicrucianism in all religions. Although their are some Rosicrucian groups who view their beliefs strictly as a form of esoteric Christianity, both the AMORC and CR+C view Rosirucianism as a philosophy instead of a religion. Since it is a philosophy, members are free to practice whatever religion they choose. I really cannot contrast my practices with other CR+C members since there are certainly other Wiccan Rosicrucians whose practices are probably very similar to mine. That being said, their are also Buddhist and Hindu Rosicrucians whose practices may seem widely divergent with mine but who still maintain the philosophical tenets of Rosicruciansim. Rosicrucian concepts like actuality (the true, ideal nature of a thing which is eternal and incorrupt) versus reality (the way we perceive something through the limitations of the physical world, time, and earthly perception) can be applied across the board to numerous situations.

I am actually kind of inverse in my situation though because my core belief is Celtic Wicca since it was the first path I followed after leaving my Christian upbringing and (as you correctly stated) it is based on my "heritage and ancestral culture". Rosicrucianism came much later. I guess I specialized first and then went back and obtained a comprehensive general metaphysical education through the CR+C, kind of putting the cart before the horse. I am not active with the CR+C (although I still value their teachings), but I am still actively practicing Celtic Wicca.

I hope my answer did not confuse more than it clarified :) .

Edited by Gwynn.ab.Lludd

• Amulet locked this topic