Latest On Our Babies

Atwater Vitki

post-12600-0-10995400-1349285486_thumb.j Our older "Hemet" in his comfy spot, hanging off the end of Kay's recliner

post-12600-0-37243200-1349285509_thumb.j "Lil'Bit" "HerBe" in Daddy's lap...she has skillfully learned how to nudge "Moki", the ol'man of the crew" out of his 'throne'!

post-12600-0-04778200-1349285552_thumb.j And of course "Jojo"....topping out at 25 pounds now! Oh, he is SOOOOO proud of his'sef! Big belly up means "Give it a GOOOOD rubbin' folks"!

I'm working on getting Moki, Hemet, MeShell, Herbe and Jojo to line up for "treats" and it's absolutely awesome the way they each wait their turn...except Jojo, he still gets a bit antsy waiting, but he's almost there. Kay's got them on video, but we're waiting for the perfect round...I'll post it when we get it. They even take the same spots each time to start, but then Jojo gets "busy" checking out the others. Meesh doesn't like that so gets a bit huffy and often walks off...so just a little more work and we should have that "million view" youtube™ shot!!

No, we're not "perfect" or have any delusions of our way being the only way pets should be kept, but, as you can see, relaxed, comfortable, safe and yes, obviously well fed.....and the joy and love they give us back....priceless. This is something any true pet owner knows.

And btw, I'm so thrilled to see the other pics of happy, content, well cared for pets here. Crazy Me, your dobie is beyond adorable, Grateful, it shows how much yours are loved and everyone else who has posted pics....awesome to see such love beaming from those eyes of your pets....that....just that ....is what I think should be coming from the two we're trying to get something done for now...Bucky and Moon.

Thanks again everyone for sharing the love of pets!

Blessings of Peace,

The short answer is yes, grateful. As long as they don't have to lift a finger to actually do anything.

"Whatever, is fine with us."...was their answer yesterday. So far they haven't so much as called, come by...nothing, it's only when we take the cats there we get any communication at all and then it's the side track chatter about anything but the cats until we turn the conversation back. I found out yesterday that the woman involved here has finally made 6 months clean from prescription drug/heroin etc after 30+ years addiction. Had I known that before, I could have done things way different.

The biggest problem here is Life in general. I've seen this counseling addicts/ex-addcs for the past 20 years...many just trade their addiction to drugs for that of collecting, or animals or? or?...it's sad, but it's the biggest part of that addictive personality. I'm willing to "help", but not take over the whole process for them and that is what usually happens. Hopefully this situation will get resolved soon.

I'm going to go over to the pound, get the legalities and then go talk to the couple once more....they've been put on notice by the office already for all the noise...neighbors on both sides of them....as the yappers seem to go 24/7. I paid rent yesterday and the manager asked me a bunch of ques. as they use to live right across from us, so hopefully with a bit of pressure they will do something.

Blessings of Peace,

ugh

I know, in order to help people, we need to meet them where they are - and if where they are is struggling with a life out of control, its hard not to take it on because they "can't", for the four leggeds who didn't ask to land in such a deplorable and chaotic situation.

I wish I was closer or at least familiar with no-kill shelters/rehomers in the area ..