Ravens In The Predawn?

Hi all,

I had a curious thing happen to me this morning. I took my dog out for a walk here in CO. It was the middling part of the predawn morning right before sunrise that's like twilight only more coldly blue, if you know what I mean. It was the chilliest morning since the end of summer, with a hint of frost on the ground and cold enough to see your breath. I stood looking at the shadowy mountains in the foggy west and trying to shake off the sleep. As I stood there, the biggest raven I have ever seen suddenly swooped down in the silence and landed just feet in front of me. My dog tried to bark, but the bird squawked at him in a way that made her lay down and stop barking. Then he stared at me so intently like he was looking into me. I was captivated and stood glued there for what seemed like forever. He then squawked at me and then flew right over my shoulder almost taking my head off. He left a feather that landed on my shoulder (which of course I'm keeping) Very strange....

So was I visited by Odin? The long lost love Lenore? Whatever it was, it was very very curious...

That's an interesting thought. My wife believes her totem animal is a black panther. I once went to a psychic with my wife when I was a teenager, she told us some yarns about our past lives about how I was once an Aztec and gave my kids to be sacrificed and that now they're my spirit guides oh and my totem animal is a jaguar....all completely verifiable, right? Whatevs, I'm not even a cat person. I wish I had that $20 back.

Years later, my wife talked to her aunt who's a medium who told her that her spirit animal would visit you in life or dreams and no one but you can know what it isn I used to have recurring dreams of a hooded figure with a raven on his shoulder....I'll have to ponder this.

whoa, and he gave you a feather? the magician is inviting you then, they say .. it's a very positive visitor despite sometimes negative connotations

it probably isn't your totem animal at all, just one who wanted to get your attention :) and he did, didn't he?

the picture of your morning was beautiful, by the time the dog laid down, I knew it was going to be good :)

I'll look up the raven/crow for you!

Hi Rev`d Rattlesnake-

I believe that always as the Chinese say: When the student is ready the teacher appears--he has.

As we walk along the steps of life--towards better understanding spirit, we become more aware of what is of deeper meaning of what one may call `life of the soul`. As we progress along and become less attached to materiality, we become more aware of higher vibrations. The native people- being so close to nature have an affinity to feel the spirit of creation--as Nerstingwave says--`we are all connected`--and by we I do believe all that is around us.

I am not a huge authority on spirit guides, animal totems or power animals--however I do believe that once you see and feel that something is perhaps of meaning to you, then they are! That is why they say-walk with open eyes, and open ears for all have a messages for us. We walk in a state of unconsciousness all the time and the odd moment when we are awake we see behind the veil.

I think your wife, being of Romany blood probably knows more intuitively than most of us. So--she maybe more of an authority to answer. But--once you are aware of certain things around you you start becoming more in synch with `all` and that is when the messages come. We can all channel, we can all feel things and we all have the gift--some are just more aware. The future is not predetermined but there are only so many possibilities, so--these guides they just point in certain direction and it is up to you to choose the path, because they have more of a panoramic view of what is happening.Looking in -so to speak.

The Raven for you is a message, the feather is a reminder every time you see it--reminder of the message!!--what that is?-you have to decipher it-- however certain animals mean certain things if they come to you. I have one message for you--always listen and never say never. As for your animal totem--only you know that. But when one appears like the other day--those are more messengers and whatever they signify. Animal guides are always with you--you just have to acknowledge them.

They will advise you, warn you and perhaps at times guide you--their voice is very strong and their insight is very powerful. This raven is not your totem! Think about the circumstances surrounding your heart that morning and the question you would have liked him to have answer. You asked him to come, now listen well to what he has said.

When you feel it is time--go out and look at the sky and the clouds there you will see clearly and distinctly the answer you seek--the answer to your question will be crystal clear--but make sure you are open and really want to hear the answer. At times it is not what one wants to hear--those times are better to leave it alone till you are ready! More shall come--for it is time for you to step ahead!

Actually--the message is for you is mostly from my power animal--which incidentally is a Black Panther-- he knows much and has been around much longer than I have--I know all will now think I have lost it. :derisive: The site below will be very helpful for you--and will have much meaning as you become more attuned to the different `spirits of creation`.

`Raven is about the magical act of creation, internal magic and transformation along with miracle of a rebirth. Raven tells us to be aware of omens that become a harbinger of the mystical and exotic. He can show how to stir life without fear and teach to balance life's playful aspects. Raven also brings in the light of awareness and knowledge with opportunities of great changes that are in store for you. Raven will teach how to usher in these new energies. He shows how to dive into the depths of the inner being to illuminate the true self. Are you ready to uncover past conflicts and long forgotten emotional issues? Raven will teach how to transform your spirit. From the deepest part of you healing begins. What has been in darkness will now emerge into the light.`

http://www.starstuff...tems/index.html

I hope this helps you--the rest you have to unravel.

blessings and peace,

S

Edited by Tündér

The two points I would give are on the large scale: nature has much to teach us - are we willing to listen? More directly: your dog said it all - "this is a moment to be still and pay attention."

There is a message in the experience, but to understand it fully, your heart and soul will be the best sources to determine what it means for you personally.

Unless you have a connection to the Nordic history and pantheon, probably not Hugin or Munin, but great to know someone is keeping up on their studies! Being Colorado, I'd be more inclined to think of local lore and legend.

I would also think what Tunder said sums it up very well:

Raven is about the magical act of creation, internal magic and transformation along with miracle of a rebirth. Raven tells us to be aware of omens that become a harbinger of the mystical and exotic. He can show how to stir life without fear and teach to balance life's playful aspects. Raven also brings in the light of awareness and knowledge with opportunities of great changes that are in store for you. Raven will teach how to usher in these new energies. He shows how to dive into the depths of the inner being to illuminate the true self. Are you ready to uncover past conflicts and long forgotten emotional issues? Raven will teach how to transform your spirit. From the deepest part of you healing begins. What has been in darkness will now emerge into the light.

Blessings of Peace,

AV--I always love your life stories--truly appreciated!! You have had/have such a colourful life :derisive: There is always some moral of your stories-- :derisive: I often go back and re-read them. The problem I find that some posts just get deleted,--just the `philosophy` section seems to be having an archive of sorts. I Oh well-- sad because we can all learn from many of the posts as I often re-visit some that I like-- :console(1):

Thank you AV.

love and light,

S

• Amulet locked this topic