Glasses For Tax Exempt?

boyo1991

Assistive devices are rarely exemptable, and the main criterion is is it ONLY used for the tax exempt purpose, or depending on the locale, MAINLY for the tax exempt purpose. A cane, walker, or wheelchair would not qualify in most areas because you would need it to get to the ministry task, but you also need it to get from it.

Glasses, usually a no because you can use them elsewhere. The safety glasses example is the only one I can think of, and then, usually one is asked to leave them at the workplace.

Your best advice would be to ask a tax professional. Most H&R Block locations would be happy to tell you if you qualify for an exemption - in my area, most will answer basic questions at no charge, provided you are not interrupting a tax pro from preparing a return and not giving them a list of questions.

I figured as much.. just kind of a curious is all.. I by no means would want anyone to think I'm trying to take advantage of the privilege.. I had just thought abt that cuz I was just like that's kinda an iffy one IMO... I was hoping we would have more of a debate but it just didn't.. oh well lol