Samhain/holloween Is Coming. What Are You Gunna Do?

Ik its a bit of a ways out but what are u all doin for samhain/holloween/whatever name you go by? I personally am going to do the weirdest thing. I'm gunna go drinking and trick or treat as the character I play in order and chaos. Haha pretty nerdy for a 21 year old but it'll be a good time haha.

I'm attending a costume party with my friends.

I don't observe Samhain or Halloween as a religious holiday. The closest religious festival I observe around that time is a sacred day to "The Heroines" on the 13th of the Athenian month of Puanepsion (occurring October 29th this year).

I spend the 31st reflecting on those who have passed, particularly in the past year (and this year, there have been a LOT of them). The 1st, I rejoice for those who no longer suffer - give thanks for the lessons that I can take from those I have lost, and pray that they are at peace.

Generally, I wear black on the 31st, and grey on the 1st, but that is not always done, due to work requirements or other restrictions.

No one should have lived in vain, and this is the time of year I honor those who are no longer in this life.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Even though Vampires were not originally tied to Halloween, they have become one of the most prominent Halloween icons, rivaling even the Witch as a Halloween symbol. I celebrate Halloween as a Vampire in its context of being a night to honor the dead. I have to work the graveyard shift at the county mental hospital on Halloween night, but on my days off before Halloween I will be driving through cemeteries with the windows down, eating junkfood, and watching horror movies :holloween: .

Edited by Umbraedeus

• Amulet locked this topic