Live Forever/2045

Zequatanil

Live forever? -- well If we will be able to afford it, or live till then :derisive: --or how about ethics? I don`t think I would like to function like that. On the other hand maybe. Seems like the Dalai Lama maybe game.This is a real thought provoker --and the website is very interesting! --and if possible very frightening--the ethical, spiritual, moral and philosophical questions that it invokes.

blessings,

S

http://2045.com/

The exert below in a nutshell is from:

http://www.kipnews.o...012/08/01/8419/

`A prominent Russian scientist now says that such an achievement will be possible for the wealthy elite by roughly 2045 through a concept deeply studied and publicized by researchers like Steve Quayle and Stan Deyo.

Often criticized as ‘conspiracy theory’ or bizarre science fiction back when analysts were blowing the whistle over this ‘privileged’ technology, the process involves generating fully functional holographic human avatars and transporting one’s ‘consciousness’ into an artificial brain.

While the overall ‘immortality’ process is intended to be completed by 2045, the scientist states on his website that the act of transplanting a human brain into an artificial body will be available in as little as seven years.

The rest of the project would extend all the way to 2045, ran by a ‘team of the world’s leading scientists’ working on the initiative.`

Edited by Tündér

~ Yuck.

I mean seriously...

Unless you're programming some serious 'down-time', life can be kinda monotonous & grinding & after 300 yrs or so, boring as a donkey's butt.

This shtuff sounds mega-money. & most probably being marketed to get that money before the sales-folk die themselves :dntknw:

Qrys- DG - :thumbu:

I posted it because this is one of the strangest thing I have come across lately in a while.

OK-- :derisive: even if we get past all that--who would man the these `humanoids`?--How about taking care of the planet? Or how do more people come about--reproduction?--through a computer program? How about when something goes wrong? :crazyeyes: It amazes me that some are taking it seriously--when you look at the list of attendees at the conference. :crazyeyes:

peace,

S

~ Well, my father worked on a program for the Hague in the 60's to determine the damage that would be caused if the ice caps melted. < News break! Not good. >

{ Yes, global warming has been a concern for decades }

People do look to the future when they realise it's going to affect them.

Considering the torrential advancements in technology, wouldn't be surprised that some look at this as something do-able & desired.

Crud, the lines of folk waiting for 'the latest' toy? ::tease: How many people at this moment are engaged with their devices & contemplating their avatars & what-all?

Your kink is not my kink but your kink is ok.. my biggest concern is that old people tend to get more conservative, and that the number of old people will sky rocket. Progress will stop. mmm explains a lot of star trek episodes with super advanced civilizations slowly dying out.

It would be interesting to see how much that remains true with the biological factors taken out of the equation?

well, yes, it might be. I was being a bit facetious.. of course.. but quite right. Hard to predict how a non human human is going to think.. in the long run. perhaps a writer could create some speculative fiction based upon the idea. Perhaps they might credit me for a tiny percentage.. Not really going to expect that..

Live forever?

I think this is the question?

No, I would not want to live as described with avatars. Then again, if I were to die otherwise, how could I refuse?

But simply to live forever as a human animal, yes, I think I would rather do that than to die. I love life that much.

The ethical issue, perhaps one of several, is that if everyone could "live forever" in the flesh, our population would grow exponentially and would quickly be unsustainable and catastrophic. Death allows for life.

Hard to predict how a non human human is going to think.. in the long run. perhaps a writer could create some speculative fiction based upon the idea.
Its been done. Fairly well, in a few cases.

The ethical issue, perhaps one of several, is that if everyone could "live forever" in the flesh, our population would grow exponentially and would quickly be unsustainable and catastrophic. Death allows for life.
If eternal life is possible, there is no reason to believe that it is not possible to sustain an unlimited population. Perhaps instead of using the way things are as an excuse to stagnate, we should use the way things could be as motivation to innovate?

• 1 month later...

In time to come, it might well be possible to upload a mind into a computer. That does not mean interacting with the real world. You could have any kind of world you want. It would seem real. In fact, once a mind is digitized, it could be endlessly duplicated. We could populate our own virtual worlds.

:D

I don't want to focus forever on being human. I want to experience on to many other things like a Tree, a sea creature, bird. cloud on a spring breezy day. euclase crystal and my list is endless.

I agree Fawzo-- and perhaps I feel that we actually have to experience "all"--I think this s very close to the Buddhist view. This is the only thing for me that makes some sense :derisive: if we believe in an after life of the soul--IMHO. Mmm you made my mind wander..... a trip on "The Enterprise" would be fun--zipping through galaxies--I guess it has to be some other star ship as "The Enterprise" was just retired-- :crazyeyes: oh I missed the boat :oops: or is that star ship.

live long and prosper,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal

I don't want to focus forever on being human. I want to experience on to many other things like a Tree, a sea creature, bird. cloud on a spring breezy day. euclase crystal and my list is endless.

Isn't that what God is doing? Having all experiences? :D

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Of course--Jonathan, Fawzo. God created us to experience Himself/Herself/Itself/Themselves all through us. We are merely the sounding board, or the tool. :derisive: --as we do, it becomes a symbiotic relationship--we grow as well as "GOD/Gods or whomever" grows and expands through the experiences.

These days I have to be specific and politically correct about the"name" :derisive:

blessings,

Suzanne

Of course--Jonathan, Fawzo. God created us to experience Himself/Herself/Itself/Themselves all through us. We are merely the sounding board, or the tool. :derisive: --as we do, it becomes a symbiotic relationship--we grow as well as "GOD/Gods or whomever" grows and expands through the experiences.

These days I have to be specific and politically correct about the"name" :derisive:

blessings,

Suzanne

Your post about the sounding board made me think of myself as a tuning fork ....... I think I'll opt for the tone of "om"

• Amulet locked this topic