Betty The Doberman Is Growing Fast

Crzyme

oh my god! she.is.delicious. :)

and look at her holding that sit for the picture! no easy feat, I know. what a beauty, and what character! she makes me miss one of my favorite charges, a one year old doberman named odie, good dog

how does little happy like her? (I love it when another dog helps me train a dog)

She sits beautifully, she sits and waits perfectly for feedings she will sit without fidgeting for 5 full minutes and will calmly do so again if I stop her mid feed without hesitation. She goes from sit to down well with a treat hidden in my hand, but without the smell of a treat she still is hit and miss on the down part. Come is also still hit and miss just saying the word while she is away from me 9not after a sit and stay) , but during the day when I am working in the art studio she roams the yard and in and out of the studio, and when I call out to her she will come in and see me very shortly (then we have a short play time and a treat) this way I can check on her often without stopping what I am doing.

Happy Chihuahua was instantly in love with her, he pranced all around her with his "love ears" on (when he has them facing forward standing up but with the tip ends folded down) and his tail held high up and tightly curled (this is his most proud and Happy tail look LOL)chest out and bouncing on his paw tips, She just wanted to play, but I am sure those big feet and baby exuberance is scary as can be to Happy so he keeps reminding her to calm down and play easy, they are fun together and of course we all walk together.

We live on the side of the Chief Ladiga Trail so we walk there at least twice a day, I am not a fast walker but I can walk far LOL, sometimes I see Betty looking longingly at joggers :cupidarrow::derisive: but she loves me and walks good, smells can sometimes distract her, and she wants to greet everyone (even those on bikes or running) so I have to remind her of her manners and get her to ignore them.

She is just the best addition to our pack, our sleek, sweet girl.

She sits beautifully, she sits and waits perfectly for feedings she will sit without fidgeting for 5 full minutes and will calmly do so again if I stop her mid feed without hesitation. She goes from sit to down well with a treat hidden in my hand, but without the smell of a treat she still is hit and miss on the down part. Come is also still hit and miss just saying the word while she is away from me 9not after a sit and stay) , but during the day when I am working in the art studio she roams the yard and in and out of the studio, and when I call out to her she will come in and see me very shortly (then we have a short play time and a treat) this way I can check on her often without stopping what I am doing.

Happy Chihuahua was instantly in love with her, he pranced all around her with his "love ears" on (when he has them facing forward standing up but with the tip ends folded down) and his tail held high up and tightly curled (this is his most proud and Happy tail look LOL)chest out and bouncing on his paw tips, She just wanted to play, but I am sure those big feet and baby exuberance is scary as can be to Happy so he keeps reminding her to calm down and play easy, they are fun together and of course we all walk together.

We live on the side of the Chief Ladiga Trail so we walk there at least twice a day, I am not a fast walker but I can walk far LOL, sometimes I see Betty looking longingly at joggers :cupidarrow::derisive: but she loves me and walks good, smells can sometimes distract her, and she wants to greet everyone (even those on bikes or running) so I have to remind her of her manners and get her to ignore them.

She is just the best addition to our pack, our sleek, sweet girl.

sounds like the best kind of dog days :)

and isn't she's doing beautifully for one so young, the recall to you in your studio is a coup! she's clearly got the idea, good girl. smart dogs train so easily, and once you've got it going with a good dog, I think you spend part of your life thinking, wow, that's a REALLY good dog

we have two lovely little visitors just arrived last night, and himself is being a perfect if just the slightest bit uneasy host. two weeks of vacation and training for the girls, among my first clients (!) and we're in love, training will commence once we stop fussing over them like spoiled grandchildren :) - in all seriousness, we need to develop a connection, right?

betty is such a beauty, thanks for sharing her little dog self with us!