Heartfelt prayers for all the victims and their families on this sad day. It is the one`s left behind who have to cope with the pain and suffering of this horrendous event, knowing far too well how innocent their loved ones were.

May such terrible thing never happen to any nation, and may the world one day have peace.

blessings, prayers and peace,

Suzanne

It is a day I will never forget. It was my last day of R&R from my deployment. I was just getting out of the shower to finish in processing before I started back at work the next day when the first plane hit. By the time I got to my unit we had already gone to Force Protection Condition "Charlie" (the second highest) and by the time I finished there, we were entering "Delta" (the highest) with armored humvees with 50 cal guns on top. Shortly after making back to my residence, we could see the ash falling and smell the unforgettable stench, even though we were several miles away from "Ground Zero." After sending my wife back on the road to go back to where our daughter was located (she had to drive past Somerset PA), my unit was recalled and we began preparing to support the FEMA operations for NYC as we were the nearest active military base. We worked almost 2 months 12+ hour shifts with no days off.

I still remember my mind being boggled for my first trip to "Ground Zero" as seeing the giant hole left by the destruction. Several years later that same feeling came to me as I walked through the rebuilt rings where the Pentagon bound plane crashed through or the solemn reflection when I made my pilgrimage to the site of the Somerset crash.

wow, to a person serving in the military .. I don't even know what to say (well, thank you of course, but other than that..)

I had just walked into a community rec center where one of my colleagues was watching a small tv right after the first plane hit. I will never forget her face as she turned to look at me, she knew my eighteen year old daughter would be at or near there at that time on a beautiful tuesday morning. in addition to the terror for my country, my city, my friends in New York, my daughter was there, I can't begin to describe what I felt

I can tell you what I felt standing in Union Square Park with her and a few thousand others two days later, hope ..

Edited by grateful

• Amulet locked this topic