Purpose Of Existence

Zequatanil

That is simple, think of the consequences if we would have free will: how would there be laws of physics if we could simply ignore them?

The actions of a human are simply the result of incredibly complex computations in his brain, but all these computations simply follow the laws of physics.

Actually I was about to answer your previous post,---which probably I can`t but will try :crazyeyes: : how can you disprove it as much as I can`t prove it. --yes, laws of nature but there are numerous combinations of outcomes according to theoretical physicists in the universe plus, different interference factors on top of it all--I would think it is the same on the smaller scale such as our brains.--yes, new age, like a mini :derisive: universe.

However, regarding the above--you are right, but the possibilities are almost endless, but there is a finite number, and within that limit we have(probably ) the choices--how can I prove it? I can`t my `theory`--On the larger scale however this is not according to me, but a few theoretical physicist regarding the entire universe , maybe that is where free will comes in--especially when 11 dimensions are possible. As you can tell I am not left brained.--so I shall just quote what makes some sense to me--and general so above so below, I presume it works on a smaller scale as well--it works on a large scale such as the universe.

January 24, 2011

Our universe might be really, really big — but finite. Or it might be infinitely big.

Both cases, says physicist Brian Greene, are possibilities, but if the latter is true, so is another position: There are only so many ways matter can arrange itself within that infinite universe. Eventually, matter has to repeat itself and arrange itself in similar ways. So if the universe is infinitely large, it is also home to infinite parallel universes.

Does that sound confusing?

Try this:

Think of the universe like a deck of cards.

"Now, if you shuffle that deck, there's just so many orderings that can happen," Greene says. "If you shuffle that deck enough times, the orders will have to repeat. Similarly, with an infinite universe and only a finite number of complexions of matter, the way in which matter arranges itself has to repeat."

Greene, the author of The Elegant Universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos, tackles the existence of multiple universes in his latest book, The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos.

Recent discoveries in physics and astronomy, he says, point to the idea that our universe may be one of many universes populating a grander multiverse.

"You almost can't avoid having some version of the multiverse in your studies if you push deeply enough in the mathematical descriptions of the physical universe," he says. "There are many of us thinking of one version of parallel universe theory or another. If it's all a lot of nonsense, then it's a lot of wasted effort going into this far-out idea. But if this idea is correct, it is a fantastic upheaval in our understanding."

http://www.npr.org/2...erses-may-exist

There are few points below that sort of makes sense to me---and some things relate to this in some way.

http://www.voting.uk...com/bgreene.htm

peace,

S

Edited by Tündér

Purpose of existence? To exist. It is life's prime directive.

A better question would be why so many humans act in a manner completely antithetical to this prime directive.

Because we have free will--and a very highly untamed ego which disconnects us from --well for me it is called God--for others maybe called reason--to you, well you only know.

blessings,

Suzanne

So, to you the ego is disconnected from the mind?

snapback.pngQryos, on 16 September 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

~ Hyper Real, how do the laws of physics deny free will? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you please explain?

That is simple, think of the consequences if we would have free will: how could there be laws of physics if we could simply ignore them?

The actions of a human are simply the result of incredibly complex computations in his brain, but all these computations simply follow the laws of physics. A single cell does not have free will, and neither does a fertilized egg cell, nor an embryo or an adult human.

~ I know I'm being dense...

{ I SO do apologise for being annoying! I don't intend to be!} I'm just not understanding clearly...

Perhaps I'm not understanding the definition of 'free will'? :dntknw:

How could the laws of physics be endangered by free will?

& I thought the laws of physics were about physical stuff? Y'know, magnetics & gravity & the chemical composition of what-such?

{I know that humans are chemical compositions of what-such,

but generally don't rely on instinctual triggers for each movement like most critters...

hell, major cities with the stages necessary to create such, from building bricks to forging iron to... Traffic lights! :dirol: }

Or perhaps Hyper Real you're saying that everything created is 'pre-ordained' or 'pre-programmed' or 'pre-set'?

That every human is crafted to believe & behave & exist in a manner that they have no option or choice in?

... I'm sorry to be bull-doggy on this.

I need assistance & would very much appreciate any help given. I do want to understand.

Thank You! :D

So, to you the ego is disconnected from the mind?

Not at all, ego is not mere mind--but if you allow ego free reign, uncontrolled to a degree, that is when we get into trouble. Ego is rooted in more of materiality than the spiritual, it has the free will to choose--but the more ego is in control the more disconnected we get from `god`, from `higher self` or `universal consciousness`--or whatever you may call that. However if you do not believe only in the physical, just the material --then you have to decide for yourself what the purpose of existence is. In this area we can only speak for ourselves as man has pondered these philosophical , theological questions since the dawn of time, that is why he has never stopped seeking god. We have an innate need to be simply more than clay--. You maybe right,or I.

All is theory--and the definition of theory is:

In the context of science, a theory is a well-established explanation for scientific data. Theories typically cannot be proven, but they can become established if they are tested by several different scientific investigators. A theory can be disproven by a single contrary result.

[Late Latin theria, from Greek theri, from theros, spectator : probably the, a viewing + -oros, seeing (from horn, to see).]

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryglossary/g/theory-definition.htm

So the explanation is my theory!

blessings and peace,

S

Edited by Tündér

Missed the deadline--key--

A theory can be disproven by a single contrary result.

[Late Latin theria, from Greek theri, from theros, spectator : probably ----

This is for scientific theory, philosophical theory or theological theory in my understanding.

peace,

S

Edited by Tündér

• 5 months later...

for me the purpose of my existance is to raise my family as best i can and honour the lord my god in all that i say and do....i would like to include what i thin but for most people the mind has a teendancy to have it's own thoughts before we become aware of them and the best we can hope to do is correct ourselves as they come upon us :)

QUOTE:

3. (A) "If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? "

3. (B) "If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?"

This reasoning strikes me as counter-intuitive. If I presume that there is no afterlife, then I would most certainly cling to this life....It's all I have!

Edited by Bro. Hex

QUOTE:

3. (A) "If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? "

3. (B) "If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?"

This reasoning strikes me as counter-intuitive. If I presume that there is no afterlife, then I would most certainly cling to this life....It's all I have!

I'm also going to live each moment as if it is precious to me and not going to go out of my way to deprive myself or others of any of life's pleasures to please any imaginary invisible friends.

Purpose is the sum of free choices made and free actions taken. This is possible because existence is indeterministic (see Heisenberg), even on the macroscopic level (see Bose-Einstein condensate). All actions and reactions are rooted in randomness. Meaning we are free to act as we desire.

You get to decide.

You get to do what you want, but that does not mean you will have the results that you want.

Your success depends on your understanding of the consequences of your actions, how you affect other things and how they will act in response.

If you refuse to accept responsibility for your actions you will probably not be successful.

Having children is just another choice, for the parents and the children. And by the way, it is just as easy to be happy as it is to suffer.(Another choice)

The number of people killing and being killed is fairly small. In the end everything must die anyway, including this planet, and the entire universe.

This topic was introduced back in September while I was unable to access the site, and I'm glad these current comments were posted, and the topic reopened, so I could comment.

First of all, Suz, my personal experience with "channeling" and "automatic writing" has led me to doubt the purpose and motivations of the originator of the information derived using such techniques. That is not to say the questions you presented aren't worthy of consideration... My answers to them are based upon my personal understanding of the Laws of God and the Universal Laws that govern all life.

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are?
Our physical bodies are merely the temporary abodes chosen by our souls to convey us through this material existence. These bodies may well be influenced and governed by the Laws of Nature, but the spirit (when properly attuned to the Will of the Infinite) is not subject to those restrictions, and may overcome the physical limitations generally imposed upon physical beings by the Laws of Nature, granting the individual the ability to manipulate their physical surroundings (bending spoons, parting large bodies of water, walking on water, etc.). However, the soul cannot escape or evade the immutable Laws of God, specifically the Law of Karma.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non believers inclusive?
The point and purpose of each incarnation of the soul is to rectify a previous breach of the Universal Laws of God, or to aid and assist another soul in their development.

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?
Call it arrogance if you will, but my CERTAINTY of the after-life and the continuation of my life-force (soul) beyond the current existence has granted me a sense of peace. I am in no way fearful of the demise of this physical shell. Whether the end comes today or 120 years from now makes little difference to me. My biggest fear in an extended life-span this time around is that I will have failed to correct, or (God forbid) assume further personal flaws that would prevent my reunion with my Maker.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??--if we presume that is no God, no spirituality, no faith as Hyper surmises--which maybe correct, non of us can prove the `pro or contra` for it is simply personal experience of experiencing the divine.
The desire to physically reproduce has been described as one of the most basic and strongest of the fundamental Laws of Nature. The drive to perpetuate the race may be the reason children are produced, but their purpose, besides bring joy to our lives, is to present souls with the opportunity to reunite with other souls tied together by the Law of Karma.

5. Why are we killing each other, the planet and all of creation deliberately?
The Law of Karma demands an eye for an eye. The penalty for the taking of another's life is the loss of your own by the person you killed. Since that cannot be accomplished in one life-time, you must return to offer your life to your victim. This vicious cycle of violence can only be broken by applying the Law of Forgiveness. This is the basis of the teachings of the Christ (as well as Buddha and Zoroaster), turning the other cheek is refusing to be tied to your tormenter, and releases you both from the necessity of returning to satisfy the Law of Karma.

(BTW- I liked what RevAl said above.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The older I get, the more convinced I become that no one knows the answers to these questions, and that everyone who says otherwise is just trying to sell you something that isn't worth paying for. One of these days, i will decide whether that is sad or funny.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are?

We are all here because we were meant to be, our ancestors survived famine, plague, wars, even childbirth. If your biological parents had not met, or if they decided to get "frisky" any day other than that particular one, you wouldn't be you.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non-believers inclusive?

What a shame it'd be to have the most beautiful and geographically diverse planet within millions of miles and no one to experience and appreciate it! Life is about having joy in the pleasures of the world, discovering and doing what you love and finding others who enjoy the same, developing a good work ethic and being responsible. Learning the things that interest you and from your mistakes, growing in wisdom, realizing your actions have consequences, and striving to continue growing to be the best “you”.

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?

Absolutely not! Life has the value and meaning you place on it. Every day is another day to embrace, talk and laugh with family and friends, another day with children or grandchildren. There is always something to learn, to experience, to taste for the first time. You try to eat right, keep in shape, monitor your health and do the best you can to extend your life, buy another day of seeing a beautiful sunrise/sunset, listen to the thunder and rain or birdsong. As long as you live you have second chances.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??

No, we have children because we have perpetual hope.

We have children … because of all the physical and emotional pleasure in the act of “getting” children.

:huglove:
Not too far back, the more children you had increased your chances of survival when living off the land. (Nowadays some people hope today’s children will pay for their Social Security). Some people want children so they will have someone who loves and depends on them. Others genuinely want to create the wonder of a new life from a combination of two people and share that life, excited to see what talents and surprises this new being will bring.

People have always killed each other for expansion and greed and the belief of entitlement. People destroy the earth because they believe they have been given the earth and all therein to subjugate and use, such as the wood in the rainforest, not caring what they leave for their descendants, or if their grandchildren will ever be able to enjoy seeing exotic animals or butterflies as they did.

(And on a strictly personal note, I also kinda blame men for the massive wars and planetary destruction. I think women would have talked more, been more willing to not send their grown children into battle to kill someone else’s children. I also don’t believe women would have said, dump that toxic stuff into the drinking water).

This was one of the revelations I received from my NDE. If we knew with absolute certainty (I distinguish this concept from certainty in faith) the destiny that awaits us, who would stick around to work through the pain?
Dying is just another step on a much greater journey. There's no need to rush; for everything there is a season.

Because we still have to grow up. Individual purpose will vary, but that, I believe, is the fundamental purpose of life. I see the material world as a sandbox where we can explore and practice our creativity within limits so that we may learn from our mistakes. They say we are made in the image of God, and if we are created to be Creators we must first understand the great responsibilty which comes with such a gift.

• Amulet locked this topic