I look to the stars and see the amazing vastness of the universe and wonder about the tiny speck we live on,
I look to the earth and see it as an infinitesimal molten centered dot.
I look to the waters and see A colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain, which covers a vast majority of our tiny planet in one of its three forms.
I look to the wolves, the eagles and see predators who use to help control the populations of vermin, but who are being eradicated by humans as we infect the planet with our ever growing population. ,
I look to the words and see that leap in humanity as we learned to write down our thoughts and our knowledge,
Look and see that on our planet life has formed, grown and flourished with no species doing so as prolific as has humans, even as we are vastly outnumbered by insects it is of differing species so as a singular species human has managed to inhabit all parts of this planet even as we strive to go farther and maybe that is what is coded into our DNA the quest to keep on the move, and who knows maybe that is how DNA made it here (to the planet) in the first place, hitching a ride on space dust riding a meteor.
When I look and see people who see God(s) I see people who want all things either left unanswered (don't question God) or answered in a simplistic way, "God did it"

When I look and see people who see God I see people who need something to be in charge of the Vastness, of the unknown to have comfort

When I see people who see God I see people afraid of a universe that just is and need stories and reason behind life

When I see people who see God I see people who need to believe in finite good and evil, reward and punishment, life and death rather than a universe where things just are what they are without designations.

I do not loath those who see God(s) nor do I loath those who do not see or seek a God

Gods are always in change as the people who invent them are always in change.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look to the stars and see the amazing vastness of the universe and wonder about the tiny speck we live on,
I look to the earth and see it as an infinitesimal molten centered dot.
I look to the waters and see A colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain, which covers a vast majority of our tiny planet in one of its three forms.
I look to the wolves, the eagles and see predators who use to help control the populations of vermin, but who are being eradicated by humans as we infect the planet with our ever growing population. ,
I look to the words and see that leap in humanity as we learned to write down our thoughts and our knowledge,
Look and see that on our planet life has formed, grown and flourished with no species doing so as prolific as has humans, even as we are vastly outnumbered by insects it is of differing species so as a singular species human has managed to inhabit all parts of this planet even as we strive to go farther and maybe that is what is coded into our DNA the quest to keep on the move, and who knows maybe that is how DNA made it here (to the planet) in the first place, hitching a ride on space dust riding a meteor.
When I look and see people who see God(s) I see people who want all things either left unanswered (don't question God) or answered in a simplistic way, "God did it"

When I look and see people who see God I see people who need something to be in charge of the Vastness, of the unknown to have comfort

When I see people who see God I see people afraid of a universe that just is and need stories and reason behind life

When I see people who see God I see people who need to believe in finite good and evil, reward and punishment, life and death rather than a universe where things just are what they are without designations.

I do not loath those who see God(s) nor do I loath those who do not see or seek a God

Awesome!!!!

Perhaps I am reading more into your post than you intended, but while you state that you do not loath those who see G-d it does appear you do not have much respect for them either as they are fearful, looking for simplistic answers, and unable to accept reality as it is. That is painting with, in my estimation, too broad a brush.

I often see it that way too, crzy :)

including the way some see god. I can think of more than a few people here who "see god" in a very cool way, and emulate those things positive and enlightened - the antithesis of what you describe. but SO many who profess to be believers (in whatever) use their religion to wage wars, large and small

pffft, I don't have much respect for them

When I look into the mirror, I see God. When I look into the faces of those around me, I see God. It is sad that all those who inhabit the earth do not realize their divinity. Were they able to, there is nothing we could not do to change ourselves and our circumstance. My divinity (I like to call it magic) works well for me but I cannot work magic for another unless the other person wishes it to be so. So many people look outside themselves for God when God can only be found from within.

Edited by Brother Kaman

This topic was stared while I was unable to connect with the site and I missed it completely... Rev Rainbow, I am so sorry that my condolences are so tardy.

As to the poem in the original post... I, too, see God in everything, and one of my best free verse poems expresses simular sentiments as your poem, Newt. I like it!

• Amulet locked this topic