I look to the stars and see God,

I look to the earth and see God,

I look to the waters and see God,

I look to the wolves, the eagles and see God,

I look to the words and see God,

I look to the east and see God,

I look to the west and see God,

Look and see God

I look at all these things and take them as they are without the spiritual mumbo jumbo.

I look at religious extremists and see what damage their believe in God does to themselves and others.

I look at all these things and take them as they are without the spiritual mumbo jumbo.

I look at religious extremists and see what damage their believe in God does to themselves and others.

Maybe for you it is that, taking it without the mumbo-jumbo--, for an other it is religion-- both right. However, don` t confuse religion with God-- !

I hold all religions in reverence for the reason that the basis of all of them is love of God--or whoever we believe that entity or non entity to be, --names are irrelevant.

"Wert thou to attain to but a dewdrop of the crystal waters of divine knowledge, thou wouldst readily realise that true life is not the life of the flesh but the life of the spirit. For the life of the flesh is common to both men and animals, whereas the life of the spirit is possessed only by the pure in heart who have quaffed from the ocean of faith and partaken of the fruit of certitude. This life knoweth no death, and this existence is crowned by immortality."

Bahá’u’lláh

--you see Hyper the seed of faith is in each human soul, but the soil that germinates it is different in each one of us--for many it is religion for others it is something else. Unless we have faith we are simply empty vessels. You have as well, you may just call it something else,

And--yes, all is the reflection of the divine within us and without.

blessings and peace,

S

"Wert thou to attain to but a dewdrop of the crystal waters of divine knowledge, thou wouldst readily realise that true life is not the life of the flesh but the life of the spirit. For the life of the flesh is common to both men and animals, whereas the life of the spirit is possessed only by the pure in heart who have quaffed from the ocean of faith and partaken of the fruit of certitude. This life knoweth no death, and this existence is crowned by immortality."

Bahá’u’lláh

Wert thou......?

I never understood this need that some have for using old English, as if it then becomes more truthful and has a stamp of authority.

Edited by Hyper Real

I look to the stars and see God,

I look to the earth and see God,

I look to the waters and see God,

I look to the wolves, the eagles and see God,

I look to the words and see God,

I look to the east and see God,

I look to the west and see God,

Look and see God

I remember struggling for words to describe something amazing, "like seeing god" I would say - it's not like seeing god, it IS seeing god

this morning driving through the hills to meet my friend at the dog park at eight, last night walking through oakland with my arm around my daughter, the beach last weekend - how do you stand at the pacific ocean and not acknowledge something bigger than you ? (it's bigger than you), the perseids, walking through the park with a hundred and thirty pounds of paddington, strolling and smiling - there is that of god in everything, and everyone

thank you for sharing this Newt, lovely

re: "wert thou", any comment on the ideas/insights sarkany was illustrating or was the only contribution that old english irritates you?

Edited by grateful

Wert thou......?

I never understood this need that some have for using old English, as if it then becomes more truthful and has a stamp of authority.

Well--I guess progress is being made here if the only thing of problem is` wert thou`--whew lucky it wasn`t my own composition :derisive: I `m still moved by the passage and have great regard for the author, thought I am, as you well know not of the Baha`i faith. Thoughts, ideas matter not how they are written, where they come from --neither language, grammar nor spelling matter but how they are received by the heart.

Be not afeard. The isle is full of noises,

Sounds and sweet airs that give delight and hurt not.

Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments

Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices

That, if I then had waked after long sleep,

Will make me sleep again; and then, in dreaming,

The clouds methought would open, and show riches

Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked,

I cried to dream again.

The Tempest 3.2.148-156

Fare thee well my lord on life`s great journey. Might thou be ever safe and blessed whilst thou walk though these lands filled with such strange noises, but forget thou to dream not.

S

Edited by sarkany

Hyper, I too agree about the "thees and thous." I have recently learned, through the passing of my son, that God is also into hip-hop. Never again will I restrict the work of God through my lack of understanding of His ways which are far above ours. Peace.

So can we expect your next Open Pulpit to be in Hip Hop.....that would surely interesting :)

Wert thou......?

My understanding from a member of Baha'i of my acquaintance is that, in his words, "Many of the original Writings of Bahá'í and 'Abdu'l-Bahá are written in very exalted and poetic Persian and Arabic and therefore a similar flavour should be attempted (emphasis added) in the language into which it is translated.... n translating the Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh into English the [translator] has created a very beautiful and poetic style in English using many words which might be considered archaic and are reminiscent of the English used by the translators of the King James Version of the Bible. "

Edited by RabbiO
  • Amulet locked this topic