Adios...its Been A Ride

Thank you all for the "stick around" comments and messages, I really thought there would be more of a collective sigh of relief, with a general feeling of "good riddance". :)

Its not my intent to abandon the forum, but to just circle the airport awhile. I feel the need to temper my communication skills and won't post on a regular basis until I learn how to sugar-coat my opinions, kind of like telling a woman; "You look so beautiful in the dark." I noticed that after Christ told the religious fanatics what he thought, he would flee for his life (John 8:59), so I might try the same hit & run tactic.

Just for practice, how's this; "Mary was a wonderful woman, the mother of Christ, so I certainly understand why Catholics respect and pay homage to her. But I can't quite comprehend why they address prayers towards her when Christ instructed us to pray to the Father? Perhaps someone could explain?" That sounds pretty diplomatic, and is better than "Mary's dead and not divine, its blasphemous to pray to dead saints". Changing the way I phrase things should make a difference, so I'll attempt to improve my people skills and begin the slow transformation into a sentimental puff-ball.

I can't speak for everyone, Dan, but you and I have tangled a number of times, occasionally with great vigor, and I never once felt offended by your opinions. You've always been willing to face the heat and clarify the reasons why you think the way you do, and I never got the impression that you were deliberately insulting. I do praise your efforts in diplomacy, though. It not only makes a bitter reality easier to tolerate and compassionately attempts to avoid offense, it teaches us how to look for and emphasize the positive qualities in somebody else's point of view. This is the path toward peace.

I think we all need to take a break now and then to reflect, to cool off and/or gain a little perspective on ourselves. However, if I had to make a choice between absolutes, I'd prefer that you stick around and remain faithful to your beliefs rather than have you leave or hide your true self behind a smarmy facade. You can count me among those who will still look forward to sparring with you again. A plant will grow tall and strong in the pure light, but it only blooms when it moderates it's exposure with a little darkness. Contemplate that while you take your rest. [Heb 4:9-11]

The same sentiment (without the scriptural reference, of course) goes for Hyper, who has offended me. I'm honestly glad to see him posting again, even if I think he needs the practice in tact and diplomacy far more than you. Or perhaps precisely for that reason. ;)

After a little thought, I've decided to exit the forum. I'd like to thank everyone for all the interesting discussions that I've enjoyed participating in. I'd also like to apologize to all the members that I've managed to tick-off, and that's probably most of you at one time or another. Never-the-less, I'd like to say that I've genuinely enjoyed discussing the bible because I believe it, but its become very evident that my views have upset quite a few members, even Christians, and that was never my intent. I don't apologize for my beliefs, but I do apologize for being too blunt when expressing my opinions. I guess part of my personality is to not mince-words, which tends to make me a direct person who says exactly what he thinks, and that doesn't exactly make me Mr Congeniality. So it seems wise to voluntarily step-out and avoid the inevitable boot-out. Again, thanks for the opportunity to learn from different perspectives, I'm certain I've grown spiritually from the views many have shared here and am confident I'm a better person from the experience. I may stop back in a few months, but swear I'll never comment on anyone else's beliefs. I'll leave this picture for everyone who indulged my many postings, I think you all demonstrated remarkable patience. God's speed, Dan

Patience.jpg

Patients is a Virtue

Agreed.

This is partly why simplicities-brother has decided to back away, and why I seldom post here anymore.

Good luck Dan, I always enjoyed your posts.....

In my opinion, you leaving would be a shame; if for no other reason than your beliefs are grossly underrepresented here on the ULC forum.

Now isn't THAT a statement to ponder!!!

This is partly why simplicities-brother has decided to back away, and why I seldom post here anymore.

Completely understandable but also a shame, in my opinion.

Now isn't THAT a statement to ponder!!!

“Lady, people aren’t chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don’t find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.” (Dr. Cox)

Edited by Kimmy
  • Amulet locked this topic