Adios...its Been A Ride

After a little thought, I've decided to exit the forum. I'd like to thank everyone for all the interesting discussions that I've enjoyed participating in. I'd also like to apologize to all the members that I've managed to tick-off, and that's probably most of you at one time or another. Never-the-less, I'd like to say that I've genuinely enjoyed discussing the bible because I believe it, but its become very evident that my views have upset quite a few members, even Christians, and that was never my intent. I don't apologize for my beliefs, but I do apologize for being too blunt when expressing my opinions. I guess part of my personality is to not mince-words, which tends to make me a direct person who says exactly what he thinks, and that doesn't exactly make me Mr Congeniality. So it seems wise to voluntarily step-out and avoid the inevitable boot-out. Again, thanks for the opportunity to learn from different perspectives, I'm certain I've grown spiritually from the views many have shared here and am confident I'm a better person from the experience. I may stop back in a few months, but swear I'll never comment on anyone else's beliefs. I'll leave this picture for everyone who indulged my many postings, I think you all demonstrated remarkable patience. God's speed, Dan

Patience.jpg

Patients is a Virtue

Edited by Dan52

The ULC is not about agreeing, it is aboout our freedom to believe. In my own special way, I have learned many things from you. I am sad that you want to leave. I am sure that the Beloved One will always shower you with the blessings of Understanding, Love, Compassion, and Joy.

Hermano Luis

I generally do not post in these “I’m leaving” threads. Perhaps because I cannot remember ever having felt the need to publically announce my own departure from a community.

I find it unfortunate that you would apologize for “being too blunt” because, while you and I might be considered polar opposites on many subjects, I have both respected and enjoyed your straightforwardness.

In my opinion, you leaving would be a shame; if for no other reason than your beliefs are grossly underrepresented here on the ULC forum.

I generally do not post in these “I’m leaving” threads. Perhaps because I cannot remember ever having felt the need to publically announce my own departure from a community.

I find it unfortunate that you would apologize for “being too blunt” because, while you and I might be considered polar opposites on many subjects, I have both respected and enjoyed your straightforwardness.

In my opinion, you leaving would be a shame; if for no other reason than your beliefs are grossly underrepresented here on the ULC forum.

+1, like, retweet, etc.

I will miss you Dan. I have always enjoyed our discussions/arguments. I am sure we both felt like we were talking to a wall :lol: I have always admired your conviction and the strength as well as depth of your faith. I believe I have told you this many times. I am sure casual observers have at times thought we were at each others throats but I have never felt this way. You always argued your point and the issue and never tried to make it about you or I. You also shrugged off and didn't take things personally. I have always defended you to people and talked admirably of you. Especially how in addition to your strong views you at least had the knowledge to back them up. If I have ever given you the impression that I was upset with your presence on the forum I apologize. That has never been the case. Not once have I everfelt that way. Not only is it one this forum needs and is not well represented but it will be sorely missed. You have surprised me often on here and said things that I would never have believed a fundie would. You my good sir are an example to be held up to others imo. I don't expect to change your mind and I don't think I ever have anyway :lol: but I would really like for it to change in this instance. If not I wish you well and I hope you realize that you will be missed by myself and apparently others.

Thank you all for the "stick around" comments and messages, I really thought there would be more of a collective sigh of relief, with a general feeling of "good riddance". :)

Its not my intent to abandon the forum, but to just circle the airport awhile. I feel the need to temper my communication skills and won't post on a regular basis until I learn how to sugar-coat my opinions, kind of like telling a woman; "You look so beautiful in the dark." I noticed that after Christ told the religious fanatics what he thought, he would flee for his life (John 8:59), so I might try the same hit & run tactic.

Just for practice, how's this; "Mary was a wonderful woman, the mother of Christ, so I certainly understand why Catholics respect and pay homage to her. But I can't quite comprehend why they address prayers towards her when Christ instructed us to pray to the Father? Perhaps someone could explain?" That sounds pretty diplomatic, and is better than "Mary's dead and not divine, its blasphemous to pray to dead saints". Changing the way I phrase things should make a difference, so I'll attempt to improve my people skills and begin the slow transformation into a sentimental puff-ball.

Perfect--great to see you! :cupidarrow:

Why? Well we don`t pray to her,--by saying `Hail Mary`--is simply the angelic salutation of Gabriel. We just ask here to pray for `us sinners` to the Father!--You see maybe we just think she has more clout with the Father of Her son, an advocate --maybe we want more bases covered :derisive: --but of course we pray to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit--the Holy Trinity.

Hail Mary, full of grace.

Our Lord is with thee.

Blessed art thou among women,

and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,

Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,

pray for us sinners,

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

or

Pray for us , O Holy Mother of God

That we maybe made worthy of the promises of Christ.

or as Mary instructed at Fatima

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell,

and lead all souls to heaven,

especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

So--neither did she ever ask ask us to pray to her, but to God.

This is the end of this thread for me :derisive: on Catholicism!!

blessings and peace,

S

Edited by sarkany

Its not my intent to abandon the forum...

YAY !!! :)

but to just circle the airport awhile. I feel the need to temper my communication skills and won't post on a regular basis until I learn how to sugar-coat my opinions, kind of like telling a woman; "You look so beautiful in the dark."

Reminds me of a REALLY CUTE cartoon I just saw somewhere of a middle-age couple getting dressed up for some formal affair:

she sez:

"Do I look fat?"

and he answers:

"Do I look stupid?"

Circle all you want to, Dan, but come in for an occasional landing!

Thank you all for the "stick around" comments and messages, I really thought there would be more of a collective sigh of relief, with a general feeling of "good riddance". :)

Its not my intent to abandon the forum, but to just circle the airport awhile. I feel the need to temper my communication skills and won't post on a regular basis until I learn how to sugar-coat my opinions, kind of like telling a woman; "You look so beautiful in the dark." I noticed that after Christ told the religious fanatics what he thought, he would flee for his life (John 8:59), so I might try the same hit & run tactic.

Just for practice, how's this; "Mary was a wonderful woman, the mother of Christ, so I certainly understand why Catholics respect and pay homage to her. But I can't quite comprehend why they address prayers towards her when Christ instructed us to pray to the Father? Perhaps someone could explain?" That sounds pretty diplomatic, and is better than "Mary's dead and not divine, its blasphemous to pray to dead saints". Changing the way I phrase things should make a difference, so I'll attempt to improve my people skills and begin the slow transformation into a sentimental puff-ball.

Thank you for sticking around even if it will be as a circling hawk (or dove). Old time Christians are a rarity here and your perspective adds a lot. As for myself, I have often wondered why any Christian would ask anyone, dead or alive, to intercede with God/Christ. But I am not a Christian so it ultimately does not matter to me. What matters is that your point of view can continue to be represented here on the forum. By the way, I look pretty good in the dark,too. At least that is what my wife tells me. :hideingbhindcurtian:

Edited by Brother Kaman
  • Amulet locked this topic