Oh Noes!

Tsukino_Rei

When my kitten wants his breakfast he eats my nose! I have sometimes woken up with my entire nose inside his mouth. It's just a quick gentle nip. Then he sits on my chest and looks innocent. If I close my eyes again, he eats my nose again!

WHYYYYYY!?

Do your pets have any special ways of waking you up?

did you ever wake up feeling like someone is staring at you? welcome to my world, every morning

he sits a few inches from my bed and stares at me, when I open my eyes the drumming of the tail begins, followed by a bounding and joyful "come this way! I'll show you where my food bowl is, then we can go outside!!!!!!"

he's lucky I love him..

did you ever wake up feeling like someone is staring at you? welcome to my world, every morning

he sits a few inches from my bed and stares at me, when I open my eyes the drumming of the tail begins, followed by a bounding and joyful "come this way! I'll show you where my food bowl is, then we can go outside!!!!!!"

he's lucky I love him..

LOL, my brother's Rottweiler does that. If I don't wake up (or try to pretend I haven't) he slo-o-o-wly scoots closer until his nose is in my eye. Then he slobbers on me.

Well my two have a ritual. In mid-summer it is 5.30 am--as the days get longer the time gets moved along, these days it is 7 am. Felix--sits on the bed at my feet, sitting up staring at me :cat2_h4h:, Alice comes onto the top of the bed by my head and coos like a dove incessantly :chococat_h4h: while gently stroking my head with her paw until I get up. I always wonder how she is able to sound like a turtle dove :in_love(1): Then they each sit at their bowls waiting--both situated in different parts of the kitchen. It is a small kitchen. :derisive: . I don`t need a clock in the morning--I always know the time.

blessings,

S

I once had a cat that woke the entire family every morning, our day began the same way each morning I got up then went down the hall got youngest son up then to the next room for oldest son then fed the cat, soon she was jumping on me seconds before the clock would have awaken me, as soon as I stood up she would dart from the room and pounce on youngest son, when he was standing she repeated the act until all humans were up, she unfortunately did not take into account weekends, or holidays so even on days we could sleep in she was our faithful alarm cat.

Our lovely cat Roxy once woke us up after my husband had left a kettle (one of the old-fashioned kind that sits on the hob) boiling and gone back to sleep. She jumped on his chest a few times, mewing, then got off, marched to the bedroom door and turned back with a 'follow me, you idiot' look. After a couple of times of that, he followed her. She led him to the kitchen where the kettle was boiling dry, stood in front of the stove and mewed in a 'told-you-so' kind of way.

~ Well, I work weird hours & my husband wakes me.

Our small dog doesn't like me woken tho', he likes his cuddle... Doesn't growl anymore! { That didn't go well :( }

So now the sleep-sponge lays across my feet when he hears my husband coming & tries to block the waking.

This does wake me! :rolleyes:

{ The little snot-ball then ignores me all day. Small dogs can seriously pout! }

Edited by Qryos

We've left our now 6 month old kitty, Chewbacca, with good friends while we house hunt in Canada. A couple of days ago he woke our dear friends at 3am by jumping on their keyboard until itunes started playing, then somehow finding the volume key and turning it up to maximum. They sent me a picture of him looking very smug ... and just a little bit evil.

Edited by Tsukino_Rei

I miss my furry friend more than words can say. He was the one creature who always listened when I signed. We kept a similar schedule, so it was I who woke him in the morning. He used to greet me at the door after my overnight shift and do the happy dance, since it was breakfast time. After a nice meal and some fresh water, he would rest in my lap or next to me for some snuggle time, and after some time to digest, he would follow me to the computer room where I would skim through the priority email. We would have some time for play, usually a game of kitty soccer - his favorite game - and then it was bed time for a nap. I would get up in the afternoon, we would play some more, until we both were ready for another nap, then up again for dinner, more cuddles and more play time. He was not spoiled for attention, that one. He went blind in his right eye, not that one would ever have known it, and he took great comfort in sleeping with his body running the length of my arm and leg, resting his head in the crook of my right elbow. Somehow I think he reasoned that he was safest that way - something would have to climb over me to get to his blind side. It was several months before I could sleep well without that furry face lightly resting on my arm. I hope there is truth in the rainbow bridge because there might not be a lot of humans I want to meet again, maybe a handful, but I really miss this cat.

My beautiful great Dane doberman mix, Ace who was solid black and 125 pounds saved my husband and my life when he woke us to a fire in our livingroom (fire inspector found where wires had sparked on a curtain) we were in a dead sleep at 3 am when the dog got us up and flames were coming from behind a chair, we got him and ran outside thinking we could get to the water hose, by the time we got the hose (not even 5 minutes) the front windows blew out, we ran to the neighbors (a firefighter) and he called it in.

Ace passed away only 4 months later from a brain infection of unknown origins, he was smart beautiful and saved our lives.

I have had many furry pets who I have loved and lost, each gave something positive to my soul, their lives are short compared to ours and I believe it is our job to make sure those short years are the best we can make them for those who walk on four paws.

I'm sorry for your losses. :group: And I agree, Cryzme. I've always felt a strong sense of responsibility to make sure my furry companions have as happy and comfortable a life as possible, probably because I started with raising hamsters and they have such short lifespans! My living room became a hamster spa.

Edited by Tsukino_Rei

Somewhat off topic, but amusing... I don't know if it's a national brand, but around here, there is a pain relief patch product called salonpas. Everytime I see or hear the name, I smile a bit because it makes me think of my buddy's talent for massaging away migraine headaches with his double-sized "Salon Paws."

It's sad that our loving pets have such short lives and we haven't been able to spend our entire lives with our very special ones. But then, like a friend told me once after the passing of one my very special cats, "it allows room for us to grow with other beings and help them along their road" My only dissension in that is I'm not sure who helps who more!

I occasionally will sit and reflect on so many of my beloved critters, granted mostly cats, and just enjoy the time remembering them. Just a few days ago actually, I was immersed in deep thought about some of the tragic ends and the guilt felt over two of them (diff time and places) of what more I could have done to protect/save them. Not talking to Kay or saying a word...just reminiscing in my recliner while watching TV...over a period of like 10 minutes, one by one....I finally "noticed" (payed attention to) that 4 of our 5 had made their way into my lap or on the chair arm. It is always "My LAP!" with 3 of them so very unusual as Kay usually has 2 or 3 and I have 2 (rare occasion 3) depending on day/climate, but never all of them.

There's few things in this world that will cause me to shed a tear, but let me tell you that was the oddest "silent moment" I've had in a long, long time. Just how do they know when a Hu-man needs a kitty hug?

Blessings of Peace,

they just do viking, they just do

brother devon, I had one of those, he was a delight :) salon paws, thank you, now I'll never forget that commercial and if they have a jingle that will probably stick in my head too :(

when I think about my friends, there are a few who still tear my heart too, not because they were different than the others but that I feel that I didn't do one hundred percent by them. I did what I could, but it wasn't enough, you know when it wasn't enough..

lately, I pretty much surround myself with dogs. I'm no longer at the inn, long story, but have six clients of my own - and snazzy business cards. there's a little dog napping next to me, her sister is on the floor and mr. bee sting is on his bed; this morning I walked for an hour and a half with three newfoundlands

I love the ones with me today for themselves but also in honor of the ones who went before :)

Every time we cook peas to go with a meal I think my hamsters who have passed, especially the most recently passed, Jasparr. I always set a few aside for them. When I clean and cook any vegetable I feel a little sad, but especially when I cook peas.

Heh, Chewbacca is outside my office door. He's made a game of tossing his toy birdy down the stairs, chasing after it, then bringing it up and doing it again!

Edited by Tsukino_Rei