Ulc Status In Canada?


Recommended Posts

Based on the info I have received over the years Sirius is correct. You will be able to do everything except solemnize the legal portion of a wedding.

So, what does someone do to gain the ability to perform the legal side of Marriages? That is a staple of my ministry.

You will still be ordained.


Each province has their own rules/regulations and I don't believe any of them will recognize the ordainment.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to look into this. *sigh*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will have to contact your province to get the ULC approved as a denom, which as I understand it, is not an easy task.

Couldn't I very well join an already established religious organization and branch off? That is what I am being told by and offered by a Minister in Halifax, NS, who runs the MCC (gay friendly church).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only if that organizations is approved by the providence and of course you meet that organizations criteria for being a minister.

I did a little research with my Father-in-Law (Canadian; retired CBSA Director of Import/Exports) and he told me that it is a few hoops, but, not impossible. Just annoying. Sounds like a challenge, but, I am up to it. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.