Lost & Could Use Help

Guidance

I don't know if this is a leagal question or not. I'm sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have a church, but they told me today it is not recognized.

I don't take donations, I don't charge people to help them, I don't have much money my self which is likely why I don't take donations from people and I am not a state recognized church. Most people in my town don't like my inovative yet unconventional way of doing things and there is no where to go for any guidance.

I kept calling the place to form a corperation, but I can't aford it anyway and there line was always busy.

All I want is to be recognized by the state so if people in my area want to leas me land to grow crops on for the poor, they can. I live in a really rual area, there is a lot of land. it seems a shame to wast it.

I'm sorry about the spelling, my spell check is not working.

thank you.

I don't know if this is a leagal question or not. I'm sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have a church, but they told me today it is not recognized.

I don't take donations, I don't charge people to help them, I don't have much money my self which is likely why I don't take donations from people and I am not a state recognized church. Most people in my town don't like my inovative yet unconventional way of doing things and there is no where to go for any guidance.

I kept calling the place to form a corperation, but I can't aford it anyway and there line was always busy.

All I want is to be recognized by the state so if people in my area want to leas me land to grow crops on for the poor, they can. I live in a really rual area, there is a lot of land. it seems a shame to wast it.

I'm sorry about the spelling, my spell check is not working.

thank you.

I am sure the various mentors here can help you: Look up the sections on legal issues - I do not know where you live, and whether your church has a physical location: You can do an online search for the laws in your state. I do not know what your philosophies are, but one hint is to try and garner friendship and trust, rather than be a rebel if you are seeking legal acknowledgement cooperation from the authorities. Myself, I am a rebel, but live close enough to Atlanta where there is so much diversity, any Spiritual path can gain a following. I am sure some of those here at ULC with far greater knowledge than I will be able to give some suggestions...Good luck, and Blessed Be

Guidance - Windwalker is very correct about getting on the "good side" of local authority. I have always been a rebel against "The Machine" but found out early bucking the system doesn't work. Getting friendly, qualitative advice means being friendly and attentive to those you seek info from.

Here is one I know will help immediately: http://www.t-tlaw.com/church.htm and putting "state laws on churches" in your browser will get you many more. Every state has minor differences in their qualifications for incorporation etc so you do need to be up to date.

Hope this helps,

Blessings of Peace,

Guidance - Windwalker is very correct about getting on the "good side" of local authority. I have always been a rebel against "The Machine" but found out early bucking the system doesn't work. Getting friendly, qualitative advice means being friendly and attentive to those you seek info from.

Here is one I know will help immediately: http://www.t-tlaw.com/church.htm and putting "state laws on churches" in your browser will get you many more. Every state has minor differences in their qualifications for incorporation etc so you do need to be up to date.

Hope this helps,

Blessings of Peace,

I looked up the 1st site you listed, and found it to be immensely helpful. While I couldn't find anything specific in Georgia's laws regarding Churches specifically, The steps as listed in the site would be a line by line check off for setting a Church's bylaws and charter, and submitting to the State. I do not believe any state would be able to deny a Church's charter if the steps are adhered to carefully, insuring they follow each aspect of the state's laws regarding incorporation, taxes, member acceptance and termination, requirements for a physical location, etc.

Edited by Windwalker

Windwalker...if I remember correctly, I sent the links for Guidance to check on "beginning" to find info for his ideas, but going to the browser with "state laws on churches" should get you to Georgia specific.

Blessings of Peace,

Al

I read the steps AFTER I tried to look up the Ga laws- should have read the steps 1st. Ga specific, Ga Pacific, I dunno. Irony? although I was at one time a Student Minister in the UMC, later a lay minister there, and now an Ordained Minister here at ULC, I would feel like a hypocrite performing Christian functions because I am Wiccan. My best wishes for Guidance and the other Christian ministers- I will help any way I can- been there, done that. Depending upon the state and regulations concerning religious functions, it can be daunting.