Final Victory

Ex Nihilo

Hi all, I'd like to tell a story about a difficult day in my life and how god brought me through it. Seven years ago today, an aunt whom I loved dearly passed away after a long and terrible bout with cancer. for weeks prior to that day she'd been so weak she was unconscious almost all the time and could no longer speak. And that morning, the morning of august 9 2005, I woke up with the overwhelming feeling that she would be leaving us. I was so worried for her, I worried that she was in pain, whether she needed to tell us something but couldn't, but mostly I worried that she was afraid of what was coming. She was so strong in her faith but I couldn't help thinking that the battle she'd been through over the last year may have caused her to falter. By the time I got to work I was almost sick. I went in to my desk and there was a copy of a Methodist devotional, called the upperroom, sitting there. This was odd because no one I worked with was Methodist. At some point in the day, I picked it up and turned it to that day's article. It just so happpened to be about people nearing death from terminal disease. It was written by a woman who was in the last stages of cancer (a note at the bottom of the page said she had passed prior to the devotional's publishing). I have found a link to it here:

http://devotional.upperroom.org/devotionals/2005-08-09

What she had to say blew me away. It was like god was using this article to tell me what aunt Linda could not. I could almost hear her voice in the words as I read it. It gave such peace. I realized that no matter how dark the valley, god would bring us to final victory. a couple weeks after her death, I was faced with the very real possibility of losing my newborn daughter, this message came back to me and gave me strength to have hope no matter the outcome. Every year, I reread this article and reflect on how aunt Linda blessed me and give thanks for the life we got to share here on earth and the eternal life we'll share in heaven. --God bless

God speaks to us always. He always has--always will. We often fail to listen. You chose to listened!

Not long ago I asked Our Lady--` Why did God speak to man in the Old Testament--why has He stopped?`

Her answer was,``I never have never stopped, except man fails to listen and hear me``--you have listened and have.heard.

Thank you for sharing your heart. I shall remember your aunt Linda in my prayers tonight.

God bless and walk with you always,

S

Edited by sarkany

The Beloved One speaks to us every day in mysterious ways. Not just to people of one religion, but to everyone everywhere; to everyone in every religion, and even to those of no religion. God -- one of my teachers used to say -- is the God of everyone.

Hermano Luis

Rev. Rattlesnake...yes, it is amazing, even to those whom some would consider to have no real God, how the voice of the Unity comes through at times we need it the most. What I've always found amazing is that regardless of the label mankind puts on the Almighty, one has to be listening with their heart in order to hear with their ears or mind.

Blessings of Peace,

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great post Rev Rattlesnake. I too find these type of synchronicities happening in my own life. This, I think, can only be called the Grace of Almighty God. It is a direct connection with The Source that supplies -- feeds -- nourishes -- ones inner need -- and it seems to happen spontaneously -- especially when one is experiencing a great and profound happening and has an intense inner seeking for satisfying answers..

namaste

This is a great post Rev Rattlesnake. I too find these type of synchronicities happening in my own life. This, I think, can only be called the Grace of Almighty God. It is a direct connection with The Source that supplies -- feeds -- nourishes -- ones inner need -- and it seems to happen spontaneously -- especially when one is experiencing a great and profound happening and has an intense inner seeking for satisfying answers..

namaste

That's a beautiful way of putting it nestingwave.

• Amulet locked this topic