My Very First Wedding! (I'm So Excited!)

Hello! I'm not sure if this is where this topic goes. If not, I apologize.

On the 18th I have my very first wedding for a dear friend's father.

I'm not too sure on the details except it is a backyard casual wedding.

So, what are some things that I need?

How should I dress? (I was thinking a shirt and a tie. since I can't afford the clothing in the ULC store yet.)

What information do I need?

My mind and heart are both racing! I'm excited but very nervous. However, I cannot help but think that maybe, I was meant to do this.

Please! Any advice/information would be fantastic.

Sounrad - ask the person getting married what the "dress code" will be, but usually a shirt and tie is just fine. As you have a lot to get ready for you may want to browser search for some sample wedding ceremonies, writing your own at this point takes a lot of time. You can also talk to Amy at the ULC store to help you get the right books that has all the info in it you'll need.

I'm assuming it will be in New Jersey as thats where you live?

Good luck and our best to all involved.

Blessings of Peace,

Hello! I'm not sure if this is where this topic goes. If not, I apologize.

On the 18th I have my very first wedding for a dear friend's father.

I'm not too sure on the details except it is a backyard casual wedding.

So, what are some things that I need?

How should I dress? (I was thinking a shirt and a tie. since I can't afford the clothing in the ULC store yet.)

What information do I need?

My mind and heart are both racing! I'm excited but very nervous. However, I cannot help but think that maybe, I was meant to do this.

Please! Any advice/information would be fantastic.

no words of wisdom- just congrats! Weddings are of the most special and pleasant ceremonies....Atwater and Murph gave the legal and ceremonial advice, so again, congrats! and good luck...

Edited by Windwalker

Thank you Windwalker! It's an honor to be in this position.

Where is the wedding taking place (what state)

Dorian: The wedding will be in New Jersey. I'm aware of the laws, I just wanted some tips to maybe get over of jitters, or even just some advice.

Sounrad - ask the person getting married what the "dress code" will be, but usually a shirt and tie is just fine. As you have a lot to get ready for you may want to browser search for some sample wedding ceremonies, writing your own at this point takes a lot of time. You can also talk to Amy at the ULC store to help you get the right books that has all the info in it you'll need.

I'm assuming it will be in New Jersey as thats where you live?

Good luck and our best to all involved.

Blessings of Peace,

Thank you Atwater!

Yes, the ceremony is in New Jersey. I had already written some sample vows to share with them. But I guess I'm just doubting myself. I asked about the dress code, and was told that it was "Summer Dress/Casual" So I'm guessing a shirt and tie?

Again, thank you all, this is really a privilege.

Edited by sounrad

congratulations! I know how exciting being asked to perform a wedding is :) it's really big, eh?

I've only done one, but it was for my daughter and hers - so in addition to the jitters I had the additional worry of holding it together as my only child got married ..

but it was amazing despite the worry and the pressure (they're still happily married! yay)

best advice is to find out exactly what the couples vision is, ask them for quotes or passages that they love and that resonates with them, be prepared to give a few suggestions that sounds/feels good to you if they are stuck - you can build your ceremony from there

in terms of dress, it sounds like casual chic might work - I think it really depends on your personal style and the couples preference, just be your best that day :)

once you have an outline and concept for your ceremony, practice, practice, practice

just read it over and over, read it in front of the mirror, read it to someone over the phone, and once you are comfortable, practice in front of one or two others, it won't take you long to get comfortable - if I did it, anyone can - no one could have convinced me that I could stand in front of a hundred and fifty people, friends, family, in laws and exes and not only hold it together but do a pretty good job - one of her friends asked her where she found the "amazing minister"

ha! easy (and free) mom! I was so into the ceremony that we created that I couldn't wait to do it .. I hope it's the same for you sounrad :)

keep us posted and all the best to you :)

As a former NJ resident (Burlington Co), the paperwork is easy. With regard to jitters, practice practice, practice!!

The most important part is to practice OUTLOUD.

Oh yes, I've been practicing.

I'm also from Burlington Co. Myself!! How neat!

~ Oh, congratulations! :biggrinthumb:

It's a celebration, so happy is the mood & you seem right there already :D You're going to do wonderfully, Really!

As the experienced folk said, practice practice practice & may everyone have a joyous day! :cheers:

Thank you!! I'm very excited!

• Amulet locked this topic