~ Books!

My eyes do not allow me to read much anymore. I hesitate to bump my reading glasses up again. The many books I have read have each had an impact on who I am. Shakespeare, Dickens, Vonnegut, Heinlein, Greene, Hemingway, Robbins, and many, many others. I suppose, even Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, Sophocles, Homer. I can't quote any of them now but each were great writers.

Rereading Lord of the Rings series. Also been reading a number of William Walker Atkinson titles free on kindle. Also, just started Disobedience and Democracy by Howard Sunny. I'm such a fan of A people's history that i wanted to see what else he'd written. Highly recommend all of the above.

Bro k, you've got great taste!

Rereading Lord of the Rings series. Also been reading a number of William Walker Atkinson titles free on kindle. Also, just started Disobedience and Democracy by Howard Sunny. I'm such a fan of A people's history that i wanted to see what else he'd written. Highly recommend all of the above.

Bro k, you've got great taste!

Thank you, Rev'd Rattlesnake. I have read my fair share of crap, too, and it has also helped make me who I am today.

I just got a copy of the National Wildlife Federation Field Guid to Insecs and Spiders of North America. What a fascinating world that surrounds us and is right under our feet that we try to ignore.

Awareness of these guys has changed my willingness to just jaunt off the trail at a whims notice any more and a few encounters trying to get good photos has had me itching and feeling buggy for weeks lol

Edited by Fawzo

Seeing Happy mentioned Atlas Shrugged--I went and re read `The virtue of selfishness`, maybe because it is very short and the philosophy is in point for almost. I re-visit the philosophy now and then. Each time I see it differently, however now that I am older `objectivism` dosn`t do much for me. However some of the speeches in many of her books does have much wisdom--maybe I just like powerful men :derisive: that are her protagonists.

blessings and peace,

S

I'm re-reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez One Hundred Years of Solitude and experiencing the same rather annoying phenomenon, I am falling asleep after a few paragraphs .. it happened in the eighties and the nineties too :)

Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh and The Art of Racing in the Rain ..

I'll need suggestions in a few weeks :)

Edited by grateful